Friday

Friday

A Chapter by Miss Sally Sunshine

It was friday, time for our first meeting.

 

Ava and I were walking over. She was listening to her IPod, she still refused to belive, while I, on the other hand, was jumoing out of my skin I was so excited.

 

I was skipping ahead of Ava, only to come running back. I was singing silly little songs I made up on the spot. I would have been whistling, but I didn't know how.

 

"God Jade! You're acting like a puppy, or a stupid little infant!" Ava yelled.

 

That brought my mood crashing down. I stopped skipping and singing, but, in defiance, I walked a few feet infront of her. I was not like a puppy or a little kid.

 

I could practically feel Ava roll her eyes at my stupid little act of defiance. That just made me even madder.

 

I could feel the fire building back up, but I didn't want that, so I ran from Ava, and my anger, and I ran towards Nolan"s house.

 

The door was open and unlocked. I was side tracked for a minute thinking about what a nice day it was, but when I saw Nolan standing in the door way it all came back.

 

"Hey Nol!" I yelled as I jogged up his walkway.

 

"Hey kiddo! Where's the fire? Oh, wait you are the fire." he chuckled at his own joke.

 

I just rolled my eyes, but yet it made me happy, so I tackled Nolan in a big hug.

 

He must have been just as excited as me, because he started to dance with me. He dipped me in a very extravagant way just as Ava rounded the corner to his house.

 

"Oh dear God! Get a room!" she called to us.

 

Nolan and I looked at one each other before yelling out "Never!"

 

Ava chuckled. She gave Nolan a hug and then we descened down into Nolan's basement.

 

~

 

Avery was already waiting down there. He looked up as we came down the stairs. He nodded to Nolan, half waved at me, and then smiled when he saw Ava.

 

"Hi there!" he called over to her.

 

Ava snorted. "Is that the best you got?" she teased.

 

Avery smiled bigger and shook his head. "Not even started."

 

"Okay, love birds." Luca called. I hadn't even seen him, he was over in the darkest corner of Nolan's basement.

 

I waved. God, he probably thinks I'm like 12!

 

But Luca didn't say anything, he just waved back, a little smile playing on his lips.

 

Ohmygodohmygod!!!! He was sooooo hot!!! He had to be mine!!!!!! 

 

Anyway, Avery nodded to Ava. "You're up first, cupcake."

 

Ava raised her eyebrow. We could just see the question forming in her mind.

 

"Okay." Luca said, cutting in. He brought over a raw steak, and he placed it on the table infront of Ava. "Freeze it." he said simply.

 

Ava, yet again, raised her eyebrow. But, she walked over to the table and laid her whole hand on the steak.

 

Her eyebrows knitt together in concentration. She started to chew on her lip, which means she was conentrating really hard.

 

"Come on A! Channel your inner ice cube!" Nolan teased.

 

I cracked up at the same time Ava yelled "Shut up, Nolan!"

 

As soon as she yelled at Nolan ice formed on the edges of the steak.

 

Ava just stared at her hand like it was scorpian that had just sprouted from her arm.

 

Avery laughed at her expression. Ava shot him one of her "if looks could kill" glares.

 

Luca grinned, but it kind of scared me, but just a bit, because he was still extrodinarily handsome!

 

"Jada, your up." Luca said. He placed a raw chicken breast on the table in place of the steak.

 

I looked over at Nolan. He looked worried, like he was second guessing himself. I patted his arm, and then walked up to the table.

 

I placed my hand hestitantly on the raw chicken breast. I tried to create the fire, and generate it to my hand, and then into the chicken. But nothing happened.

 

Ava started to laugh. "Jeez Jade. You're really bad at this! You can set yourself on fire, but not chicken?! What is wrong with you?! Oh and that shirt makes you look fat, and your make up does not look good at all! Maybe you should leave! You obivously don't belong here!"

 

I just stood there. Taking all of Ava's insults. Each one was like a sting. They stinged me and brought tears to my eyes. All I had every done was to please her, to impress her.

 

But after a minute anger reaplace the saddness. It coursed through my body like black smoke. It infected everything, turning everything black, and for that moment even my heart.

 

I wanted to cause her pain. I wanted to hurt her so bad that she would beg for forgiveness. I gripped that piece of chicken really hard.

 

Ava was still yelling insults at me. All these thoughts were whirling around in my head.

 

I was through with her. I lifted up my hand, the one with the chicken in it. And just as I was about to through it, I glanced at it.

 

It was black.

 

I dropped it with a gasp.

 

I had done that. I had burned that chicken! I had caused it to turn black! Me!

 

I looked at Nol, with total shock on my face. He, on the other hand, had a small smile on his face. "Nice job, Jada. You just burnt my dinner."

 



© 2011 Miss Sally Sunshine


Author's Note

Miss Sally Sunshine
Jade getting a little bit stronger, and a little bit more independant. Her temper flares a bit, and she seems to be getting a little more unstable.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love Nolan. He is just sooo amazing. "Nice job Jada you burnt my dinner." That was great. I love it. This was an amazing chapter. :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


Haha I love Nolan. Totally casual, that she burnt his dinner with her bare hands. Amazing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like Jade. :) Can't wait till next chapter

~Bookers~ (Lizzard)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
3 Reviews
Added on February 26, 2011
Last Updated on February 26, 2011


Author

Miss Sally Sunshine
Miss Sally Sunshine

With Draco Malfoy, be jealous >:D, MA



About
Hello! So I'm fifteen and my name is Gabby. I'm on almost never and there are reasons for that. One mainly that I've grown up and simple moved on. But anyways. I'll be checking on every once and a whi.. more..

Writing