The Show

The Show

A Chapter by Miss Sally Sunshine

Luca is really sneaky. He had already planned the show for that sunday, and he was just asking us to do it because he knew he would. Which actually leads me to belive that he charmed me, but I can't prove that so I have to believe he didn't.

 

Ava and Nolan agreed to the show, but Avery refused. He said "I'm not going to use my powers without cause! Especially to give a few stupid people some excitement." And then he stalked away.

 

I started talking to Ava again. She claims that she only said those things because she relized that I needed to be angry to generate my fire, but she might have over done it. 

 

Even if she was lying I couldn't tell, besides I would have forgave her because I missed her.

 

Since Ava and I were friends again she came over so we could get ready. But this time, she got ready first.

 

She borrowed one of my dresses. It was the same exact electric blue as her eyes. It came down to about mid thigh, and it had ruffle layers.

 

Ava laced up her brand new combat boots, they were all black, except for the laces, her laces were a dark purple. Her new boots went all the way up to her knee.

 

She didn't do much to her hair, it was already perfect, she just added a little more gel to in.

 

She ringed her eye's with dark grey eyeliner, and added the little swoop to it. Then she swipped a silvery eyeshadow over her eyelids, making her eyes pop.

 

She threw some glitter on her face, and ran a lip gloss tube over her lips, leaving them pink and shiny.

 

Ava looked good, and it took her barely any effort.

 

Now it was my turn to get ready. 

 

I put on my favorite dress. It was a goldish color, with a little bit of bronze mixed  in, and it was sparkly. It caught the light perfectly as I moved. Making me look a little bit like the sun.

 

I slid my feet into a pair of sun yellow flats, and Ava straightened my hair. She even got the stupid llittle curls that go from my part to my temple, to lie straight! She's a miracle worker!

 

"I'm going to put your make up on," Ava said with a grimace, "I don't want you massacring your face."

 

I just nodded, because she was right. My make up ability was zip, zero, zilch.

 

Ava sighed and she grabbed my head, steading it.

 

She brushed a glittery gold eyeshadow over my eyelide, then she mixed a deep bronze into the gold. She was obviously sticking to my whole outfit theme.

 

She laced my eyes with a really dark bronze eyeliner, it was so dark it was almost black. She deftly swipped a mascarra brush, of the same color, through my eyelashes.

 

Ava turned from me and she rummaged through her bag. She came back up with a little tube of lipstick. When she pulled the top of I wrinkled my nose. It was a deep, dark red.

 

"Oh, don't give me that look." Ava scolded me. She dabbed the lipstick onto my lips. "You see, I'm just dabbing your lips. The lipstick will leave behind a trance of it's color without leaving the appearance of lipstick." she lectured.

 

I nodded like I understood what she meant, but I truely had no clue.

 

She quickly wiped a clear lip gloss over my lips, making them fell cool and tingly.

 

She stepped back, and grabbed a hand held mirror off my desk, and she held it up for me to look, while she cried "My work here is done! From beast to beauty in a few short minutes!"

 

I gaped at my reflection. Ava was right! I looked really good! I thought I looked even better than Ava. My hazel eyes poped, my lips were slightly redder, and my hair was just flawless!

 

I jumped up and gave Ava a big hug. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I squealed.

 

"Hey! Came down, kiddo! And let go of me!" Ava cried as she tried to break my hold on her.

 

I granted her her wish, and I let go. Ava and I bounded down my stairs, and into my kitchen. My parents were actually home for once, so they promised to drive us there. 

 

"Come on!" we screeched, "we're going to be late!" we sprinted into my garage and hopped into my car. My dad slid into the driver's seat a minute after us. We pulled out of the garage. We were finally on our way.

 

~

 

Dad dropped Ava and myself off at the town square. There was already a ton of people there, even thought the show didn't start for 15 minutes.

 

Ava grabbed my wrist and started to pull my through the crowd towards the stage, we were supposed to meet Nol a minute ago.

 

We weaved our way through the crowd as fast as we could, but it took us a good five minutes to get to the stage. 

 

Ava leaned against the stage. I stood uneasily, shifting my weight from one foot to another. "Aren't we sup-"

 

My question was cut short by a person landing right next to us. I screamed, because, he practically came from the sky.

 

Ava just laughed. "God, Avery! Way to scare the kid!"

 

I glared at Avery and Ava. "I'm not a kid!" I mumbled.

 

Ava just rolled her eyes, but Avery looked like he was in a bad mood. "The show starts soon, so get to the back!" he snapped.

 

"We would, but we don't know how to get there." Ava answered frostily.

 

Avery closed his eyes and rubbed his temples, while he was mumbling "Oh give me strengh not to kill her."

 

Ava shot him one of her 'if-looks-could-kill' glare.

 

"Fine!" Avery snapped, throwing his hands up into the air. "I'll take you back there!"

 

Ava and I exchanged glances. What was wrong with Avery?

 

Avery turned on his heel and stalked through the crowd. Ava and I hurried after him, we didn't want to miss the show.

 

We almost lost him, twice, but then we saw his blonde head bobbing above everyone elses.

 

We finally made it backstage, and Avery's mode still hadn't improved. "Have fun being called freaks." He called. He was backing away to the crowd.

 

Ava and I looked at each other, a clear question being passed between us. What did he mean?

 

But before we had time to voice the question Luca was by our side.

 

"Come on girls! The show's going to start!" Luca yelled, while dragging us up onto the stage.

 

"Nice to see you too, Luca." Ava sighed, as sarcastic as ever.

 

"Okay, so we're going to start with Ava, then Nolan, and then Jade is going to end the show" Luca told us.

 

Ava and I nodded. I was a little nervous, but Ava looked ready.

 

"Okay. Good, I'll get the crowd ready." Luca said, then he dissapeared on to the other side of the curtins. 

 

"Ladies, gentlemen, and children alike!" We heard Luca start.

 

It was just then that Nola appeared in between Ava and myself.

 

He threw one arm around each of us. He still looked woried, so I threw one of my arms around his waist.

 

"Come on, Nol! There's nothing to be worried about! You'll be great!" I encourgaed.

 

Nolan shook his head. "That's not what I'm worried about."

 

But, before I had time to ask what he was worried about, I heard Luca call for Ava. Nolan quickly kissed her cheek, and she walked out. I heard a few wolf whistles. I had to stifle my laugh because I knew that Ava was dying to flip them off, but she couldn't.

 

Nolan realized it too because he chuckled.

 

We stood there for about ten minutes, just listening to the crowd. Nolan moved his arm from around my shoulders, and he grabbed my hand.

 

He looked at me, and I could tell that he wanted to ask me a question. "What, Nol?" I asked.

 

I saw him internally fighting with himself, but he eventually gave in, as usual. "Do you remember anything we talked about on Friday? Right before you fell asleep?"

 

I concentrated on the time, and I remember a little bit of that conversation. Something about Luca, and not being trusted.

 

I nodded. "I remember a little bit. Why?"

 

"I just wanted to make sure you understood my concerns." He answered.

 

I was a little confused by what he ment, but I nodded anyway.

 

Ava walked back throught the curtins just then, so I couldn't ask another question.

 

She grabbed Nolan's other hand. "How was it?" I asked. Ava just shrugged in response. 

 

We heard Luca reving up the crowd for Nolan's performance. We just stood there, listening to Luca encant the crowd.

 

I looked at Nolan. He was a little pale, and he was shaking a bit. I stepped closer to him. I leaned my head next to his ear, so I could whisper "Hey, you're going to be fine."

 

Nolan sighed and leaned his head against mine for a minute.

 

Luca called out his name, and he sighed again, but much more dramatically. That was sooo Nolan!! 

 

Ava and I quickly kissed his cheeks, and he pushed the curtins aside and walk through.

 

Ava and I looked at each other and we simultaneously stepped closer to each other and linked arms.

 

We just listen the entire time. We listened to the crowd roar. We listened to Luca yell encouragement. We listened to Nolan's "helper" as she gasped when Nolan knew what she was feeling and thinking.

 

We didn't talk to each other once, we just listened, and we waited for Nolan to come back.

 

When Nolan did come back through the curtins his face was flushed, and he still had that worried look on his face. I just shrugged it off, I just thought that the shock of the show hadn't caught up with him yet. 

 

He stood on my other side, and grabbed onto my hand again. 

 

I listened closely to what Luca was saying, not wanting to miss my cue. I was leaning forward a little bit.

 

I could feel the anxiety just rolling off of Ava and Nolan. 

 

"Here's Jade!" I heard Luca call out into the crowd.

 

Nolan kissed my cheek and Ava squeezed my hand, and I slipped out into the lime light.

 

~

 

I was assaulted by my entire town screaming. It shocked me into a stuper, for just a second. Then I flashed my best picture smile, and I walked over to Luca.

 

I heard a few wolf whistles as I was walking, and I felt strangely flattered, so I turned in the general direction of the whislers and I curtsied.

 

Everyone started laughing. I smiled a little bigger, and finisehd the walk over to Luca.

 

"Hey Luca." I said, flashing him my smile. He smiled back. "He kiddo."

 

Luca turned to the crowd. "Okay, so just like our other two acts, Jade will preform amazing feats, using only her natural ablitilies."

 

I scoffed. Natural abilities.

 

"Okay. Now who wants to come up here and make her angry?" Luca asked into the crowd.

 

Everyone in the crowd was jumping up and down, waving their hands around, but one girl didn't even wait to be called on, she just waltzed up onto the stage.

 

It was Cynthia Smith! My enemy. She was cooler, prettier, and everyone loved her, even though she was wicked mean.

 

But I was smarter, so ha.

 

She flipped her long bleach blond hair over her shoulder, and flashed a dazzling smile at Luca.  

 

I was already heating up just looking at her.

 

"I'll be her helper." Cynthia sang sweetly. I all most gagged. Just choke me now.

 

Luca smiled back at her. "OKay, so we have our volunteer! What's your name?"

 

Cynthia smiled again. "Cynthia Rose Smith." she crowed.

 

"Okay Cynthia Rose Smith, your job is to make Jade as mad as possibly. Don you think you can do that?" Luca winked at me, I'm pretty sure he could feel the heat rolling off my body already.

 

Cynthia nodded. "I'm sure I can do that." this time she smiled at me, but it was more of a smirk, and a bit of her mean personality leaked into it. 

 

"Okay then! Let's get started!" Luca called.

 

I reached over onto the table next to me, and gingerly picked up a raw chiken breast. It was so gross!

 

I noddded to Cynthia to let her know that she was supposed to start.

 

Cynthia smiled again, and started. "Okay. First, you look like a freakin' sun! Who the hell picked out your outfit?! You should fire them! Second, who did your make up?! God it looks so horrible! And what'swith your hair?! Those stupid curls near you temple?! What the hell are those?!"

 

I stood there gripping the chicken. Her insults were like razors, slashing at my arms and legs.

 

My entire body was on fire. It was worse than when Ava insulted me. I could feel the fire coursing every where, to my fingertips and all the way down to my toes. It was boiling though my veins. I couldn't channel it all into my hand, there was too much, and it was too hot.

 

I felt Nolan and Ava step out from behind the curtin.

 

"And what about your friends? What friends? They're just taking pity on you!" she called, her words were angry and fierce.

 

I couldn't control myself, I threw the blackened chicken at her head. She ducked out of the way, but that only made me more mad.

 

She was such an idiot. She kept insulting me. "SHUT UP!!!!" I screamed at her. "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!"

 

She stopped talking and just stared at me. "Who do you think you are judging me like you do?! You are no one! And you have NO right to judge me! You are NOT the exception! You have flaws as well! LIke you look like a racoon with all that eye make up, and your fake because of all the make up you wear! You are the meanest person I have ever met, and YOU have no friends! They're just scared of you! Oh, and your outfits are to tight and s****y, so you you should just go back to your corner!" I yelled.

 

The fire kept growing and getting hotter ever second, but I felt good. I had told of Cynthia, and she was too shocked to say anything.

 

"Wait...did you just...?" she was too shocked to form a question.

 

I nodded. "Yes, I did just call you a w***e."

 

"You're such a b***h and a bratt!" she yelled back.

 

I just laughed. "Really? That's all you got? God you really are a loser."

 

Cynthia shook her head. "No that isn't all I got. At least I have parents who love me enough to stay around!" 

 

She had taken this to far. I raised my hand so I could slap her, but I stopped.

 

There was fire on my palm! I had so much fire in my that it had to get out! I looked at both my hands, and both of them had fire sitting right on my palm!

 

This is sooo cool!

 

Cynthia, the idiot she was, kept insulting me and my parents. "Your parents don't love you, Jade! They hate you! You were a mistake! They never ment to have you! The don't like you! That's why there never home!"

 

"Cynthia! Stop!" Nolan yelled, he knew what was going on with me.

 

Cynthia just sneered at me. "You need your friends to fight your battles for you?!"

 

I shook my head. "I don't actually." I said calmly. I flexed my hand, and a fire ball shot out, and passed by her head, only an inch away.

 

She screamed and jumped from the stage. The entire town started screaming and running away.

 

Oh my God! What have I done!  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2011 Miss Sally Sunshine


Author's Note

Miss Sally Sunshine
Sorry for grammer, and spelling and stuff. oh, and sorry for the longness.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OMG!!! Please write more!!! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow! Love this. CONTINUE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOn!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

368 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 27, 2011
Last Updated on March 3, 2011


Author

Miss Sally Sunshine
Miss Sally Sunshine

With Draco Malfoy, be jealous >:D, MA



About
Hello! So I'm fifteen and my name is Gabby. I'm on almost never and there are reasons for that. One mainly that I've grown up and simple moved on. But anyways. I'll be checking on every once and a whi.. more..

Writing