Epiphany

Epiphany

A Chapter by Miss Sally Sunshine

Demetry half carried me, half dragged me back down into my dungeon. He was able to force me back through the door, but he wasn't able to put the cuffs on my wrists.

 

The second he put me down, to reach into his pocket for the key, I started hurling balls of fire at his head.

 

Demetry threw his hands up over his head and ran out of the room, locking my in.

 

I screamed out in frustration. How was I going to get out if here and save whoever they happened to have!

 

I hurtled the balls of flame at the walls, scorching the stones. I blew smoke from my ears. I created scorch marks as I stomped around. I could feel the heat rolling off of my body in waves. Cascading down to my feet in a thick, heavy, smoke. Sliding off my body and curling down into the floor.

 

After quite a bit, I calmed down.

 

I sat down on the ground and I covere my face with my hands. How was I going to get out of this one?

 

And, of course, that's when the door opens, and who other than Luca, walks in.

 

"Jade." he hissed.

 

I looked up, my eyes cold. "Yes?" I snapped.

 

Luca dashed throught the door and yanked me up to my feet. "Don't disrespect me!" he growled.

 

"Let. Go. Of. Me." I ordered.

 

Luca stared at me, and when I wouldn't drop my gaze he slapped me.

 

My head snapped to the left. I raised my head back up, slowly. When I held his gaze again he yelped and let go of my arm, I burned him. Foolish idiot.

 

"Well, well. Someone has learned how to control her "gift", hasn't she." Luca noticed, snidley.

 

"Well, you learn to control it when you are constantly being attacked." I spat.

 

At that Luca crumbled. His face changed from the mask of anger, to that of a helpless, sorrowful, little boy.

 

"Jade. Sweetheart. I'm so sorry. I really am." Luca whispered.

 

"I've taken enough of your crap already Luca." I hissed at him.

 

"Jade. I didn't know...I...I wasn't...you...prophecies...I'm sorry." He whispered again.

 

"Enough!" I shouted at him. Causing him to jump. "I don't want your apologies! Then mean nothing to me now. Just tell me why you're helping them?"

 

Luca looked up, half suspicous, half ashamed.

 

"You owe me that much." I said, keeping my voice low, and calm. 

 

Luca nodded, not looking me in the eye. "When I first realized my power it was because it was forced out of me. I was being chased, by, well other kids. I was only seven.

I found myself cornered, and I turned around to face the other boys, and, out of self defense, I made them leave me alone. But they told their parents, and instead of acting like what a normal person would act like, ignore it, think your kid was playin a joke on you. They freaked out and chased me out of the town. Orpheus and Prunella found me, and well, they sort of took  me in..."

 

I listened to Luca ramble on about his life up until now, and what I realized was the Luca was crazy. He made a blood pact with the king and queen there, and if he ever broke it, he would die. He captured young "gifted" and brought them back here, to be tested. And each one died, because they weren't the "One"

 

I realized then that Luca's determination to do anything for Orpheus and Prunella was driven from his hatred. From his thirst for the blood of those who had done him wrong. He wanted to spill their blood, and paint the streets with it. He wanted to dance on their ashes, and laugh at their lifeless forms in defiance. And he was going to be able to do so, one way or another.

 

He was blood thirsty. He lusted for blood. Bloodlust.

 

Once Luca finished his story, he looked up at me. Waiting for me to respond.

 

"That's a lot to take in Luca." I whispered.

 

"I wish I could go back in time and change it." he said.

 

"BS," I whispered, "that is total and complete BS. You like this life, I know you do, so don't lie to my face. Understand?"

 

Luca's face turned red and he ran to the door. "You're wrong." he said.

 

I stared at him. "Am I?"

 

Luca looked away form me and mumbled, "You have half an hour until you get to see who it is we have."

 

Then he dashed through the door, my fire ball just missing his head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2011 Miss Sally Sunshine


Author's Note

Miss Sally Sunshine
Just so you know. I am drawing Bloodlust to a close. I have a few more chapters to go, and then it ends... BUT, im going to be starting a sequal!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Luca is a freak. Jade is awesome. She reminds me of you a bit :) 'Tis amazing, and I'm reading on. And there's nothing you can do to stop me!

Posted 13 Years Ago


OMG!!!! OMG!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 7, 2011
Last Updated on April 8, 2011


Author

Miss Sally Sunshine
Miss Sally Sunshine

With Draco Malfoy, be jealous >:D, MA



About
Hello! So I'm fifteen and my name is Gabby. I'm on almost never and there are reasons for that. One mainly that I've grown up and simple moved on. But anyways. I'll be checking on every once and a whi.. more..

Writing