9

9

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~
"

Told by Liam ^^

"
Why did I say I'd tell her? Why was I so stupid as to want to tell her?
"Goddess, forgive my utter idiocy." I muttered. "I'm an imbecile..." Jumping from the roof of the house, I was currently calling home, I snapped out my wings and flew into the clouds.
Flying calmed me-usually. The air lifting me, and having the muscles of my unusually onyx wings stretched out and working normally made me happy. Not today, unfortunately.
If you said you'd show her, then you must think that it's the right time. I can't be mad at you... And you shouldn't be mad at yourself either, child.
Sometimes I hated that Goddess was so forgiving. It made me feel much more undeserving than I already was.
As an angel, I'm never allowed to reveal myself to any human-under any circumstances. With Isibell, I was simply supposed to be a shoulder to cry on, a rock... Then I was supposed to 'disappear'... Leave her. I wasn't supposed to get emotionally attached.
I shook my head at myself as I flew higher, hiding myself in the clouds.
I wasn't supposed to get emotionally attached... but... how could I not? Isibell, with her big brown eyes that pleaded with me. Isibell, with her quiet voice and actions. Isibell, with her silent desperation and her curious ways... How could I not fall completely in love with her?
"Goddess, I'm an idiot!" I almost yelled at myself. "I'm an angel- immortal- I'm not allowed to fall in love, I'm not supposed to have these emotions!"
Are you not?
No, I'm not. I shouldn't be allowed to feel so strongly for her.
But it's your gift. Your emotions are what got you to be where you are.
I was never supposed to fall in love.
I think the saying goes 'the heart wants what the heart wants'.
But I thought my heart had everything it could ever need when I started serving you, my Lady.
I don't know if you've noticed this, my son, but you have a tendency to be wrong much more than you're ever right.
I don't want to love her... I hurt everyone I ever let myself get close to.
Maybe this time will be different. Isibell isn't so different from you, you know.
She's different from me in every way physically and spiritually possible.
Name a way.
She's actually good.
'Good' is subjective. And you seem to be forgetting her bad times.
I've... blocked them.
And why would you do that?
It was a bad time for me as well.
Then perhaps I should remind you.
No, please don't. Goddess... please. I don't need to open that closet again.
It was about the time when you decided to walk away from me.
My flying faltered- the memories that came with those words were painful. While you were off killing-
And raping, and stealing...
Don't interrupt, my child. While you went through your dark time, she was scared and alone. She was raped, she started cutting, she ran from home, she lost her father... Do you remember how old she was while all this happened?
I landed in a tree, unable to fly now. Eleven... she was turning twelve...
Yes... Do you remember her behavior when she finally came back home?
Yes. Please, Goddess, stop.
And when I look at you, you were no better.
OK! We've both had bad times... we both aren't good...
You both need help... You both need someone to save you.
I don't need-
That's what you may think. But, as I've proven, you have been wrong.
How do we save each other?
That will be revealed to both of you in time.
I knew better than to argue. Yes Goddess.


© 2011 Dark Angel ~


Author's Note

Dark Angel ~
This was more of a conversation chapter between him and Goddess.
To differentiate, Goddess is identified by the bolder writing, and Liam's is in simple italics.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

How crap this is intense.

Posted 11 Years Ago


okay, this book just gets better and better! I love it! I cannot stop reading it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'm getting curious, how much of you is in Isibel?

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ok ive only read the first 9 chapters and i cant stop reading more ^^ i love how this is turning out! Ooo i cant wait to see how it ends up either...next chapter here i come!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awww, .... Cute? I dunno, but this is really something special. When my friend writes this it's more cheesy and a copy of Maximum Ride and the love is way way too innocent for me. "He blushed" and blah blah blah. It really makes me sick and it's too sweet but this love is really my kind of love. If only you knew... Ha! I was really bad back then....

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ooh! This explains a lot, I think.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

325 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 14, 2011
Last Updated on June 14, 2011


Author

Dark Angel ~
Dark Angel ~

Where am I, exactly?, FL



About
Izzy. Short for Ismode. I write... All the time xD sadly, I don't have the time to post them here. I'm nerdy, a choir geek, and probably really, really weird. I tend to be quiet until I get to know y.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


27 27

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~


Really? Really?

A Story by Dark Angel ~


Days with You Days with You

A Poem by Thea


11 11

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~


Epilogue Epilogue

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~