13

13

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~
"

Told by Liam, and then by Isibell

"
Not only would she be put in danger if I told her everything; she would hate me for the rest of her life. Most of her hardships were my fault, I couldn't tell her that.
Don't you think you're overreacting? As I said, she loves you, and has wanted you all her life. She'll be unhappy about it, and she may say she hates you, but she won't mean it.
I almost asked her how she knew. My Goddess knows everything. How would you go about telling the one you love that you're the cause of almost every hardship she's had in life?
The same way you managed to tell her your story. Just come out with it.
No offense, Goddess... but there's no way I'm doing that.
Ah, but you will... Eventually.
Of course I will, because nothing in my existence goes the way I want it.
Oh, my son... That would be much too easy, wouldn't it?
I suppose so.
But what I wouldn't give for some easy right about now.

Isibell
Somehow, our relationship worked. Even with all the secrets I couldn't know, we managed to be close. We became inseparable.
Which didn't exactly please my mother. For whatever reason, she didn't like Liam, couldn't stand him; whereas most other people couldn't resist him.
"He's staying for dinner again?" She muttered one night.
I rolled my eyes (though I could understand where this annoyance was coming from- he'd been over every night. Just because I understood didn't mean I shared her emotion, by the way). "What happened to your hospitable ways, mother?" I asked. "What happened to 'every guest is important no matter what'? Liam lives all alone, he gets really lonely and he likes being here, Goddess only knows why, with a hostess like you."
Be nice lovely. Liam thought at me. "Maybe I could make dinner tonight, to give you a night off" He asked my mom.
I watched stubbornness flash in her eyes, and I swear I could tell what she was thinking.
He saw it too. "Whatever mess I make, I'll clean; I'll do the dishes afterwards, everything. And if you don't like it, I'll even order you a pizza, pay for it myself."
Mom shrugged sulkily, looked like a twelve year old and went into the living room. Liam and I shared a look- Why and how do you put up with the crap she unloads on you? I thought- before I followed her.

Dinner was awkward- awkward with big, bright, neon letters.
I apologize for her. I thought. She's so...
It's fine. I'm more used to people not liking me.
But everyone
loves you. You're the most amazing person ever... You're caring and loving... besides the reason behind her hatred for you is so stupid.
Well, I do seem kind of like a creeper... just in general. You have to admit that.
I made a face. No... not in the light.
He stifled a laugh, gaining my mother's glare.
I cleared my throat. "Mom, isn't Liam's chicken amazing?" I asked, forcing a happy tone.
"It's... pretty good..." She muttered, not meeting my eyes.
That's better than the insult type comment I expected.
Give your mother more credit. She may hate me, but no one has ever been able to resist my cooking. She's proving she's human.
Gah, your pride. How can someone who hates himself so much manage to have so much cockiness built up in him?
It's not me being cocky, it's simply me telling the truth.
I snickered, promptly after which mom picked up her chicken and left the dining room.
"Told you so." Liam sighed. "No one could ever resist the cooking of Le chef Liam!"
"Goddess, forgive him. He cannot help his cocky attitude." I mock prayed. "But I have to admit... the chicken is 'pretty good'."
"Not just 'pretty good'. Fantastic."
"Ah, yes. Just not fantastic enough to win over my mother."


© 2011 Dark Angel ~


Author's Note

Dark Angel ~
This was a hard chapter for me to write, and it probably took on more of a filler chapter feel... But the block I was having has now lifted, and hopefully the next chapter will be better.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

this chapter was still really good. I love how Liam and Isibelle were 'talking' and when they laughed/snickered Isibelle's mom got annoyed. That was just too funny. can't wait to read more.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'm not having writers block, it's just simply that I don't have the inspiration I had to write it. Either way, well chapter friend!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

342 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 22, 2011
Last Updated on June 22, 2011


Author

Dark Angel ~
Dark Angel ~

Where am I, exactly?, FL



About
Izzy. Short for Ismode. I write... All the time xD sadly, I don't have the time to post them here. I'm nerdy, a choir geek, and probably really, really weird. I tend to be quiet until I get to know y.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


11 11

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~


16 16

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~


24 24

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~


8 8

A Chapter by Dark Angel ~