Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Sophie

Chapter Two


My alarm goes off and I shut it up quickly. Man that things annoying. I put my feet down and stand up on... a person.

“OW!” Harry bellows, because I've just put all my weight on his stomach. That wasn't a dream? I get off him quickly.

“I'm so sorry!” I squeal, “Are you okay?”

He coughs, “Yeah, I'm fine. What time is it?”

“Five.”

“What?! Why?!”

“I have school.” I answer.

“And what time does school start?”

“Eight, but I have to stretch and do yoga and practice my dances and take a shower because I'll be all sweaty and gross, and then I have to get dressed and put on make up and straighten my hair...”

“Girls.” He mutters disapprovingly, rolling over. I shrug and grab my ballet and pointe shoes and go into the empty spare dining room with the polished wood floors. I stretch out my legs, doing splits, putting my leg behind my head, all that easy stuff. Not. Then I start yoga. After yoga I turn on my iPod to a slow song to practice pirouettes and such. I turn my head toward the door to spot, and I notice Harry leaning in the doorway.

“Shouldn't you be getting your beauty sleep? Or brushing your hair?” I say, my gaze traveling to his bed head.

“Some sharp pain in my stomach woke me up, like someone was stepping on me. And then downward facing dog caught my attention.” I blush furiously, wishing I had something to throw at him.

“Well, I have to dance, so I'll just pretend you're not there.”

“Okay.” He grins, glad to know he's irked me. He's like my brothers, but none of them are that attractive. I've been told Casey is good looking, which then makes me good looking, but him being my brother, it doesn't seem right. I slip on my ballet shoes and press play on my iPod. I go to the middle of the floor and lie down on my back. The music starts and I raise my chest up, then lie flat again. Then raise up again, then flat. And then on the third time, my head rolls up with it. Now I'm focused on the dance and nothing else. Spread my legs like I'm stretching, hands out in front. Straddle split, swing legs behind, keep feet pointed. Stand gracefully. Then I'm a flurry of leaps and spins and jumps where I spin midair, hands up, arms tucked in for speed. And on the last long note of the song I do a pirouette with countless spins, just until the note ends. Then the music calms back to the was it was in the intro, and I raise up my chest and my head follows, then the next to times it doesn't. And I lie flat on the floor, panting. I crawl over to the iPod and pause it.

I've nearly forgotten about Harry when he claps quietly.

“Thanks.” I breathe, lacing up my pointe shoes. I stand up and then raise up on pointe, and walk like that over to the iPod, choose the song, and press play. After the dance I'm sweating like mad and my feet throb, the usual. It's now six in the morning.

“Jeez that looks hard.” Harry says.

“You have no idea.” I pant. After a minute I get up from where I collapsed on the floor. “I'm going to go take a shower, you can-” I gesture wildly, “-do whatever. There's a game closet right there.” I point down the hall. I limp into my personal bathroom and take a shower.

After my shower, Harry, Louis, Liam, and Zayn all play Twister, while Niall is snoring in the hallway, like they dragged him out and then gave up. I go into my room and go through my closet for something to wear. I go through a few outfits before settling on a tight, long sleeved cream colored shirt under an army green jacket with gold buttons and zippers. For bottoms I wear light wash skinny jeans with a small floral pattern on them, my shoes are knee high brown leather boots.

I put in fake pearl studs in my ears, and a gold chain necklace with a purposely old-looking intricate charm.

I look down at the air mattress. Harry Styles slept in that... I lie down on it, because I'm a creepy fangirl and its what I do. I hear a knock on the door.

“Can I come in?” Harry asks.

“No! I'm-uh- naked! I'm totally naked you can't come in!” I say, really its because I'm tangled in his blankets and can't get out.

“All the more reason to come in!” He laughs, but I hear his footsteps walking away. I untangle myself from the blankets and go into the bathroom where all my make up lays scattered on the counter. I find my brown eyeliner and etch it around my eyes, it makes my icy blue eyes pop, and it goes better with the outfit than black. Then I put on mascara. I do concealer and powder, but not too much. Then I just slip my light pink lip gloss into my boot.

I plug in my straightener and brush my hair while I wait for it to heat up. My dirty blonde hair isn't wavy, but it's not straight, and it looks weird, so I straighten it. I take a pair of scissors and fix my side bangs, which were getting a little too long, and straighten those too. Finally, I'm presentable for One Direction. I walk out of my room and into the kitchen.

“Breakfast, anyone?” I ask, Niall's snoring immediately stops and when I turn around, he sits at the table, yawning and rubbing his eyes. I make pancakes for everyone, while listening to Liam try to get Louis to put on pants, he's wearing boxers, thank god, but Liam says it's not his home and he needs to wear 'trousers' at least, if not a shirt as well.

I don't mind Louis being shirtless...

After we eat breakfast, I brush my teeth, touch up my hair in case I missed any waves, and grab my school stuff and car keys.

“Bye guys! See you after school.” I say.

“Bye, Connor!” They say in unison, then Zayn asks, “What time will you be home?”

“Um, around three.” I say, “I'm gonna be late.” I say and leave. I get into my car and drive to school, park in my usual spot, and walk into hell itself.

So, maybe high school isn't all that bad for me. My brother is the super popular jock, so a little of the popularity gets to me. I'm not super popular, but I'm not in the middle, I'm like, between the middle and super popular. My school is ridiculously cliché, because we're so small, so it's easy to tell where you stand on the 'Food Chain' as my friends and I call it.

I get to my locker and get anything I need, then wait for my best friend. She walks toward me, before Leah can even say anything, the story is tumbling out of my mouth and she's screaming. The hallway goes silent.

“Sorry, continue.” She says, and we burst into laughter.

“But, you're not joking, One Direction is staying at your house? Harry Styles is sleeping in your room?” She whispers, probably for the first time in her life. I nod, smiling.

“Hey Connor, what's up?” Tyler says, walking with us. I notice Leah give him a look, and then a little nod. She was never one for subtle.

“Not much, you?” I say.

“Well, I, I was actually wondering if you, maybe, go out Friday night.” Everyone around us is listening, grinning waiting for my answer. Of course, the whole school knows before I do. That's how this place works.

“Um, sure, yeah, that'd be great.” I blush.

“Great! I'll text you the details and stuff!” He says and walks away.

“Oh my god!” I say.

“I know!” Leah agrees, as to what, I'm not sure.

“I've had a crush on him for like, ever!”

“Your life is being amazing, can we trade for a bit?”

“Hell no!” I laugh, and we walk into our first class and take our seats, still talking excitedly about my awesome life.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Just outta curiosity, how much of this stuff relates to you? With like the yoga, dancing, makeup, ect.
Because if it's a lot, then I feel bad hahaha.
But nice chapter, good conversation like usual, and even those small little things that make the reader smile

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sophie

11 Years Ago

Eh, I leave for school around 7:15, its not that early
Odayin

11 Years Ago

Oh alright that makes sense then, seems quite normal. Feel kinda bad for Connor now..
Sophie

11 Years Ago

right?
Three hours early. That is scary. A very interesting chapter. Good conversation and interaction of people in the story. I like her positive energy. Thank you for a excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The asking out part kind of reminds me of the whole Kaylee/Jared thing and how everyone seemed to know. This is pretty good, nicely written, and may have an actual plot. Keep writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

AMAZINGNESS

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

337 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 15, 2012
Last Updated on July 15, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie