Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

A Chapter by Sophie

Chapter Fourteen


At five thirty I start getting ready for the date, less time than it takes me to get ready for school, though I suppose now that school's online and I'm taking a break from dance, I don't really need to get up that early. I braid a little piece of my hair and pin it back with a bobby pin, and that's all I can really do with my hair until it grows out, but I scrunch it so its slightly wavy. Then I put on make up and get dressed, and the second I finish hooking my necklace, there's a knock on the door.

I bound over and open it.

“Hi.” Harry smiles his famous smile.

“Hi.” I grin, “Bye Ronnie, see you later!” I call into the apartment. She waves from the futon, her mouth full of Ramen noodles. I close the door behind me and Harry and I walk down to his car.

“How's England suiting you?”

“Just swell, I even had a cup of tea earlier.” I say in a horrific accent.

He laughs his adorable laugh and squeezes my hand which I hadn't realized he was holding.

“You made sure to put up your pinky, right?”

“Of course, what do you take me for, a fool?” I giggle, ruining the accent. He opens his car door for me, something I realize now Tyler didn't do on our date, and we drive singing along to the radio, me badly, him amazingly.

“So where are we going?” I ask.

“It's a secret.” He winks and soon we pull into a canoe-rental thing right on a lake.

“Okay, stay in the car and close your eyes until its ready.” He smiles. I nod and cover my eyes, but I don't peek, I like surprises. A few minutes later, my car door is opened and hand grabs mine.

“Okay, open your eyes.” He says once we're safely out of the car. Tied to the shore is a canoe, decorated in white roses and many, many candles.

“Oh wow.” I breathe. He leads me to the canoe and helps me in. The guy who rented it to us hands him the oars and unties us. Harry rows out into the middle of the lake and we float there, all the lights gleaming on the black water.

“This is perfect.” I smile, looking around.

“It's good? Are you sure?” He asks, worried.

“I'm sure.” I assure him. He smiles and leans closer, bringing his lips to mine tenderly. When we pull apart, I notice its much brighter.

“Oh my god, Harry, the boat is on fire.” I say.

“Oh my god, we have to jump over board.” He says, We stand up, wobbling.

“I'm wearing a skirt!” I cry, just as we jump. We surface above the water, and watch the boat and roses go ablaze, the flames sending sparks up into the sky. It's really kind of beautiful, in a destructive sort of way.

I break out of the spell and realize Harry isn't next to me anymore, then something grabs my leg. I scream and look down, Harry smiles up at me from under the water, then tugs and pulls me under. Before I can swim up, he pulls me to him and kisses me under water. Eventually, I really need to breathe, and we swim,up, still kissing, but I pull away for air.

“How can you hold your breath for that long?” I gasp after a second.

“Gotta Be You, it trains a guy.” He says.

I finally notice the water is cold and that I'm shivering.

“I like your skirt.” Harry grins, and I look down. It's completely floating up. “I thought you said those were only for dance.

“Everything else was dirty!” I exclaim, pushing down the sodden fabric.

“Uh huh, sure.” He grins.

“Fine! It makes me feel sexy.” I blush.

“You're very sexy, you know.” He whispers into my ear, then kisses my lips again.

“I'm cold.” I say. We swim back to shore where the renter is red with anger. A candle washes up next to me.

“Sorry.” Harry says, trying not to laugh. The man just holds out his hand and Harry hands him some money. My clothes cling to me and I'm shivering, it is the end of March, after all. Harry gets some towels out of the trunk of his car.

“I thought the boat might capsize, so just in case I brought some.” He explains, wrapping the towel around me. I'm shivering and we go into the car and he turns the heat on full blast.

“Your hair looks weird wet, its not...” I search for the right word, “...voluminous.” He laughs. I put my hands in front of the vent, still shivering.

“Here, let me try.” Harry says and takes my hands in his huge ones, and rubs back in forth, creating friction. Then he breathes into them and keeps rubbing, then he kisses my finger tips. He unfolds my hands and kisses each of my palms, sending shivers up my arms.

Then he lets go and starts to drive me home. He walks me up to my apartment and kisses me, like the end of a first date, but add dripping wet hair, running make up, and blue lips.

I get into my room and change into pj's and put on my fuzzy polka dot robe, ad then there's a banging on my door. I open it to Ronnie's grinning face, with one word, “DETAILS! I love that peephole!”

I just laugh, and then we plop down on the futon and I tell her the story of my perfect date with Harry Styles, and only after I'm lying in bed do I remember the Spanish girl, and I wonder if he would've taken her on that date.

But I dismiss the thought, he told me he loves me.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Please please we want more more more... This is excellent work, I can't wait to read more more more. Lol!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

mooooooooore

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved this. You made me laugh and it was so romantic. I loved the part when he rubbed her hands. It was so cute!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
This is very cute. I laughed really hard during the tea reference with the whole "pinky up" idea. I also loved when they kissed underwater, after they jumped off the boat(very romantic :) ) Great job
-Cord

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh my god forget Maria.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 26, 2012
Last Updated on July 26, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie