Chapter Six

Chapter Six

A Chapter by Sophie

Chapter Six


“So who's your favorite?” Harry asks after I've turned off the lights.

“I'm not gonna say that!” I say, “A true Directioner doesn't have a favorite.”

“Yeah, they say that, but you all do.” He says, laughing.

“I'm not telling!” I giggle.

“Please?” He grabs my hand in a pleading gesture. Ah.

“Fine.” I concede. “Voice wise, all of you, I really can't decide. Personality wise is tied between you and Louis. Looks wise is probably the same as personality.” I say, though it's really just Harry, but I'm not going to say that.

“Oh c'mon! No ties!” He says.

“Ugh! Fine! You, Harry, you're my favorite.” I admit.

“Yussss!” He says, “Okay, I can sleep now, goodnight.”


The dance! I'm wearing the dress I bought for homecoming, but my date stood me up, and I didn't go. It's white, which is perfect for the winter dance, the bottom is tulle that goes down to my mid thigh. The top is strapless and sweetheart neckline-d, with light grey floral lace covering the bodice. It's simple and perfect. I'm wearing black heels and I have my hair pinned up intricately. After I do my make up, I walk out of my room.

“What do you think?” I ask them and do a little twirl. I see Harry's mouth drop open, but he quickly shuts it.

“Connor, you're beautiful.” He says.

“Aw, thank you.” I blush.

“Really, you look amazing.” Liam says. Then Casey walks out of his room in a tux.

“Casey, dahling! Don't you look smashing!” I say, and hug him obnoxiously. He pushes me off him as the doorbell rings. Dad opens the door, he came back from his business trip last night.

“Hi, I'm Tyler.” I hear.

“Come on in.” Dad answers, I run to my room. “Connor! Your date is here!” Daddy calls.

“One second!” I answer, though I'm completely ready. I wait a few seconds, then open my door and walk down the hall. There is no magic intake of breath, no sparkle in his eye like all the books describe, but Tyler does say, “You're beautiful.” That's the second time I've been told that in a matter of minutes.

“Thank you.” I blush. We leave and I get in the car. We drive to school and walk into the gym. There's paper snowflakes everywhere, silver and white glitter on the floor, it's magical. My friends rush over and we talk excitedly, Tyler talks with his friends too.

“Do you wanna dance?” He asks after a few minutes. I nod and we go onto the dance floor. After a few songs, there's a slow song, and He puts his hands on my waist, and I put my arms around his neck, and we sway rhythmically, and I move in closer and rest my head on his chest.

But all too soon, the dance is over. We go out to his car and before I get a chance to open my door, he's kissing me pressing me against the car. He fumbles for the handle to the backseat door, opens it and pushes me inside.

“Tyler- Tyler stop.” I say. He kisses down my neck. “Tyler stop!” He's not listening and he tries to take off my dress. As I struggle against him it tears. “YOU RIPPED MY DRESS!” I scream.

“So what.” He mumbles and goes to kiss me again. I'm crying now, he only wanted to have sex with me!

“No! Stop it!” I yell and get out on the other side of the car.

“C'mon, Connor! Don't be such a prude!” He yells, following me.

“Get. Away from. Me.” I hiss. He backs away, and I take off, freezing as it starts to snow heavily. I can't see in front of me. I slip in some slush and my heel breaks, so I take both off and walk through the snow and ice.

I finally reach my house, my tears frozen on the tips of my eyelashes and my feet numb. The door's locked, so I ring the doorbell. Casey answers.

“Where have you been! You're so late!” He scolds me, then sees the tears still running down my face, my make up probably on my neck. I get inside and run into my room and slam the door and start sobbing.

“Connor?” A voice says. I turn around, my eyes over my hands and bump into a warm person. I stay there, sobbing into Harry's shirt and he awkwardly puts his arms around me and hugs me. Eventually I stop crying.

“Connor, what happened?” Harry asks. I sit on my bed, and realize my heels are still in my hands, my make up is still down my face, my dress is still ripped, exposing my strapless bra, and my feet are still crusted with ice.

“H-he wanted to, to, you know, and I didn't and he tried to make me, and- and he ripped my dress! And then I walked home.” I sniff.

“He didn't even try to drive you?” He asks, incredulous. I shake my head, not trusting my voice. There's a knock on the door.

“Connor? Can I come in?” It's Casey.

“Yeah.” I say, my voice catching. He opens the door and the rest of the band stand behind him, looking at the mess that is me.

“I look like poo.” I state the obvious.

“We've seen worse at concerts.” Louis assures me.

“Are you okay?” Niall asks. I tell them what happened and Casey stalks out of the room, and after a minute I hear his car start. I don't go to stop him.

“I'm going to go take a shower.” I say and walk out of my room and into the bathroom. I take the longest shower I've ever taken, enjoying the warmth of the water. I get out and go into my room to get dressed. As I dry off, I call Leah. After I finish telling her what happened she says, “Tomorrow I'm buying a few cartons of eggs.”

I laugh, “I think Casey's already got that covered, he left about a while ago and he's not back yet.

“I'm still getting the eggs.” She insists. We say our goodbyes and I get dressed in pajamas, then make my way to the fridge and grab the carton of Ben & Jerry's with a spoon. I sit down in the comfy chair (kicking out Liam first), get my laptop and open my tab for The Adventurous Adventures of One Direction. They hear what's playing and look at me quizzically.

“This is what I do when I'm sad, don't mess with it.” I say. Then Casey comes home and walks in the living room. He has a bruise on his left cheek, well actually, there are a lot of bruises a lot of places, and his nose has dried blood on it, but it doesn't look broken.

“What happened?!” I exclaim.

“He looks worse.” He assures me, trudging off to his room, I hear the bed springs bounce as he collapses in bed.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
Tyler's an asshole.
OMG! the captcha is 'scummy' XD
reviews please

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good. I kind of want to burn Tyler's house. To the ground. Until he and hos family are dead. Awesome chapter though!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I've heard the word prude a lot in the last few Months. Good chapter; it was nicely written and the dialogue flowed. Keep it up.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

295 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 21, 2012
Last Updated on July 21, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie