Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

A Chapter by Sophie

Chapter Fifteen


I collapse at home after my first day as a waitress. I have the house to myself, Ronnie works as an assistant for some boss for some company. I open my laptop and go to where all my lessons and homework are. Ronnie gets home just as I'm finishing up. She looks so weird in a pencil skirt and button up white shirt with her crazy curly black hair in a bun. She changes into pajamas and sits down across from me.

“I have a very serious question to ask you.”

“Shoot.” I say, closing my laptop.

“Do you...” She pauses dramatically and I motion for her to continue, “...want to get... a cat?”

I just laugh and nod.

“Good, because my friend's cat just had kittens a few weeks ago, and she's taking care of the vet issues, so in a few days, we'll have a cat of our very own! We'll be parents!” She shouts happily, getting up and dancing. “I call being the mum!” She says.

“Fine then, I'll be the dad.”

“We're deeply in love.” She says, grinning though her voice sounds serious.

“I'm sorry, I'm cheating on you with Harry.” I say seriously, as if I were actually giving her the news. She laughs silently, because that's how she laughs. I go over to the fridge and heat up some left over roast chicken and we sit on the futon with it.

I get a call and Ronnie mutes the TV.

“Hey.” Harry says.

“Hey, what's up?” I smile.

“So, I just realized I never got you a birthday present, and half of your birthday kind of sucked, and I remembered you talking about how you wanted a tattoo when you turned eighteen, so I figured tomorrow, you could squeeze my hand while you got one.” I can hear him grinning through the phone as he talks.

“Oh my god, really?” I squeal. My mind already flipping through ideas I've seen online.

“Really.” He says.

“Oh my god, thank you so much!”

“It's nothing, I'll pick you up at 2, I already made the appointment.” He says. I hear someone ask in the background who he's talking to. He replies, “Connor.” Then I hear Louis scream in a woman's voice, “Come back to bed, you cheeky fool.” I can't help but laugh.

“Well, I have to go, my lady awaits.” He says.

“Bye.”

“Night, Connor.” I hang up.

“Help me look for tattoo ideas!” I squeal, smiling.


“Please tell me what you're getting!” Harry begs.

“Nope, you can't even be in the room.” I smile.

“Well, why not?”

“Because I have to take off my shirt to get it done.” I start pushing him toward the waiting room.

“So?” He grins cheekily.

“It's a surprise!” I manage to get him out the door and I close it. I sit down in a chair and show the artist what I'm getting, I printed out a picture last night. He nods and prepares the materials. I take off my shirt and bra and lie face down on the bed thing. He starts on the left corner on my lower back and works his way up to the top right corner on my shoulder blade. He switches colors and after a bit of pain and time, my tattoo is done. I stand in front of a mirror and crane my neck to see it. Twisting across my back is a branch of a cherry blossom tree with pink flowers branching off of it, and some floating away in an imaginary breeze.

“Thank you so much, it's perfect.” I say, now fully clothed. We walk out into the waiting room and Harry looks up, eager. I rummage in my purse to pay but he stops me, “Remember this is a birthday present?” I roll my eyes.

“Fine.” He pays and we walk out.

“When do I get to see it?” He asks.

“Probably when we get back to my apartment, I do have to show Ronnie.”

“So where is it?” He asks, grinning.

“Nowhere like you're thinking!” I exclaim, nudging him. We pull into the parking lot and I get out and run up the stairs. He follows close behind, trying to grab me. I giggle but run faster than him.

“I can run up stair faster than you in heels!” I laugh as I get to the top. I put my key in the lock and open the door.

“Hey!” Ronnie calls, coming out from her room in nothing but her bra and underwear, she sees Harry, turns bright red, and turns right back into her room.

“You could've warned me!” She calls from behind the closed door.

“That would've been no fun.” I reply. She emerges and looks at me.

“I don't see a tattoo.”

“It's not visible right now, hold on, I'll go figure out how to show you. Just,” I gesture wildly, “Talk amongst yourselves.” I go into my room and take off my shirt and bra, then grab a towel and hold it up in front of me. It doesn't cover any of the tattoo, but it covers what I need it to, so I walk out. They look up and I turn around dramatically. I hear an intake of breath and Ronnie breathes, “It's beautiful.”

“Wow, I was expecting something completely different, like a tiny flower or a phrase or something. Tattoos hurt! How did you manage that? It's beautiful.” Harry says. I shrug, grinning, wishing I could see it for myself.

“Could someone take a picture for me? I want to see it.” I say. Harry snaps a picture with his phone and I change back into my clothes.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
here's the tattoo: http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1440&bih=737&tbm=isch&tbnid=YFB0UvtoMzndUM:&imgrefurl=http://tattooinspiration2011.blogspot.com/2011/02/female-tattoo-ideas.html&docid=dYiRlKJHz6KI-M&imgurl=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ba0eJBJ85vA/S9k3s7JxgAI/AAAAAAAAAXc/16Ut8jctcvw/s1600/flower%252525252525252Btattoo.jpg&w=560&h=390&ei=02IVUI7HCaa36QGVjoHABA&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=176&sig=110729905658584855185&page=1&tbnh=165&tbnw=211&start=0&ndsp=22&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0,i:135&tx=126&ty=82

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

amazing chapter this by far is my favorite story!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

MORE! Awesome chapter, LOVE the tattoo!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nicely written. For some reason I thought she'd already gotten a tattoo, but that's okay. Good chapter, keep it up

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OMG! I love it! This is great chapter and I totally want more!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 29, 2012
Last Updated on July 29, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie