Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen

A Chapter by Sophie

Chapter Sixteen


“We're going to a party?” I ask.

“If you want to come, I know we're not public yet, so we can go as 'friends'.” Harry says. We've been spotted around a lot, and Harry's been asked in multiple interviews as to who I am, and always answers a friend, but with a little smile, so know one really believes him.

“Oh my god, it's legal to drink here.” I realize.

“Don't even mention it, America was agonizing.” Harry jokes. “So do you want to come?”

“Yeah, it sounds like a lot of fun.” I smile.

“Great, I'll pick you up at nine.”

“Perfect. Bye.” I say.

“Bye.” He says. I hang up the phone. I suddenly remember something my friend told me once and it makes me laugh out loud.

“What's so funny?” Ronnie asks, plopping down on the futon next to me, her messy bun bouncing.

“A while ago, before I met them, my friend Leah and I were fangirling and she says, 'Someday, you'll be driving with your kids in the back seat and you'll play One Direction. They'll whine, 'Mom! We don't like them!' And you'll pull over and say, 'Louis! Harry! Get out of my car!' and drive away.'” I laugh. “And now I'm disappointed, because it'll be weird to do that now.”

“Oh, sure that's why you can't.” Ronnie rolls her eyes.

“What?”

“You haven't figured it out? He's totally in love with you, if you guys weren't only eighteen, I'm sure he'd ask you to marry you.”

“Harry? Get married? I can't see that.” I laugh.

“Picture it!” Ronnie says, squeezing my shoulder and making dramatic hand motions, “The music starts, and you start walking down the aisle. Your eyes set upon Harry, who looks absolutely scrumptious in his tux. He smiles that award winning smile as you reach him. The guy who talks for a ridiculously long time says what he's supposed to, and then you kiss, and you're married.”

“I've pictured that many, many times before.” I laugh, “Long before he knew my name.” Ronnie giggles.

“So what did he call for?”

“He's taking me to a party tonight, in public! As a 'friend' but I don't mind, I don't want a ton of paparazzi and haters. Though Leah's probably going to kill me because she hasn't heard of me yet.” I say, opening my laptop and logging into Facebook for the first time since I moved here, about three weeks. “Holy crap!” I exclaim.

“What?” Ronnie asks, leaning closer.

“54 notifications!” I exclaim, clicking on one. As I read through them my stomach drops. It must show on my face because Ronnie asks, “Connor, what is it? What happened?”

“Everyone hates me. They're all calling me a hoe. Listen to this, 'Seriously? Who moves to England for a guy? Just pick up your life and move it, it's ridiculous.' And then in parentheses they tagged me.”

“That's horrible!”

“They're all like that...” I gasp, horrified.


“Are you having fun?” Harry yells, so I can hear over the pounding of the music. My new friend, Becca and I have been dancing and laughing and checking out boys the whole time. I'm starting ot get buzzed from the drinks, and my dancing has become even worse, though I don't think it could be half as bad as when I first met the boys.

“Of course!” I laugh, taking another swig from the cup. He walks onto the dance floor and dances. Becca and I go back to talking and being weird together.

“Hey, I'm Chris.” A guy says, walking over to us.

“I'm Connor, this is Becca.” I say, shaking his hand.

“Oh, you're American.” Chris says, startled.

“Yup, I thought maybe I'd adopted an accent.”

“No such luck, sorry.” He grins. We hang out for a bit when he asks for my number.

“Oh, um, I'm in a relationship, sorry.” I blush.

“Oh, no problem.” He smiles.

By this point, I'm really drunk. Like, reaaallly drunk, so I giggle even though its not funny at all. I sway a little on my feet, but find my balance again.

“Let's play spin the bottle!” Chris suggests, getting an empty soda bottle.

“I'm in!” I say and plop down across from Harry. More people join and Chris spins it. It lands on a girl with purple streaks in her hair and they kiss, and we count slowly to five. After a few more people, it's Harry's turn, and the bottle lands on me.

“Connor's a lucky girl! What every girl wants, a kiss from Harry Styles.” Someone shouts. He gets on his hands and knees and leans across the circle and kisses me, but not at all how you're supposed to kiss in spin the bottle, he kisses me like we usually kiss, and we go well past the five seconds, until the whole circle has gone silent. Harry's hands cup my face, holding me to him and mine lock around his neck. Someone clears their throat loudly, and we look up, startled.

“Um, what the hell was that?” Becca asks.

“We're dating!” Harry grins goofily. “Fooled you all!” He laughs and then kisses me again.

“Hey.” He says, his brows furrowing. “I just realized, I don't want you kissing any of these people.” We get up and run away, definitely not in a straight line, laughing for no real reason.

“We're official now.” I grin, “Public.”

“You'll be famous in seconds.”



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

So, I had written a review on this chapter alone about two weeks ago. But ever since my recent obsession with One Direction, I have read the entire thing now, and these are my thoughts:
POST MORE, SOPHIE!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!
I. Am. So. Uber. Obsessed. Gah! I am fangirling so badly right now!!! xDD Lol this is really great, though. I loved everything about it! Please update, like, very soon!! I might die of anticipation. Lol xD

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Taylor Ann

11 Years Ago

I'm slowly dying inside, Sophie! I can't wait any longer! I want to read more so badly! You added th.. read more



Reviews

So, I had written a review on this chapter alone about two weeks ago. But ever since my recent obsession with One Direction, I have read the entire thing now, and these are my thoughts:
POST MORE, SOPHIE!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!
I. Am. So. Uber. Obsessed. Gah! I am fangirling so badly right now!!! xDD Lol this is really great, though. I loved everything about it! Please update, like, very soon!! I might die of anticipation. Lol xD

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Taylor Ann

11 Years Ago

I'm slowly dying inside, Sophie! I can't wait any longer! I want to read more so badly! You added th.. read more
Wow, this is amazing! I got the read request, not having read the beginnin of the book and read this chapter, and I'm soo glad I did! This was great! I really loved it! Now I'll have to go back and read the beginning, lol. Excellent work, Sophie!
I loved it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awesome! I can't wait to see how she reacts to all the haters and stuff! Keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hahaha, finaly you posted something!!! I love how they just left them there wondering what the hell had just happened

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good chapter, keep it up, Sophieee

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

386 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 6, 2012
Last Updated on August 6, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie