Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Sophie

Chapter One


I was too busy blasting One Direction and dancing badly and belting out Up All Night with them to hear the doorbell the first time. The second time was in a lull in the music. My mom is working the night shift at her job and my dad is away on a business trip, and my twin brother is at friends for the night and none of them would even ring the doorbell.

The music still pounding around the house, my hair poofy from whipping it around, I go answer the door. I open it and there stands Liam Payne with the others suppressing laughter behind him.

“Oh my god.” I say.

“Hi, I'm Liam, our tour bus is totaled and we need a place to stay. I know this is kind of weird, but we're desperate.” He says, holding out his hand. Mine trembles as I take it.

“Oh, um, come on in.” I say, trying not to scream. I run over to the iPod player and pause it right in the middle of Zayn's long note in Tell Me A Lie.

“Nice dance moves.” Louis snickers.

“You're one to talk, Mr. Stop the traffic and let 'em through.” I retaliate, my face hot. Curse windows and their clarity. “But anyway, I'm-” I sigh, I hate introducing myself, “-Connor.”

“Cool name!” Harry says without a hint of sarcasm. I spot the plate of carrot sticks I was eating and blush. Louis bursts out laughing when he spots my laptop, a YouTube video titled “Louis Tomlinson hip thrust appreciation”.

They had a concert near here, or as near as you can get. I live in the middle of nowhere, my closest neighbor is three miles away.

“So what happened?” I ask, exiting out of YouTube only to reveal my Harry Styles collage screen saver. I moan in embarrassment and shut the laptop quickly, but Harry is grinning.

“Well, we were on our way to the hotel, and our driver fell asleep and the bus hit a tree.” Niall explains.

Zayn adds, “He decided to stay with the bus to get it fixed.”

“Well, we have plenty of extra rooms, I'm sure my parents won't mind you guys staying.” I say. I have six siblings, all brothers. All older, even though one is only by seven minutes, Casey, my twin. You'd think with six boys my parents could've given me a girl name. Nope.

I pull out my cell phone and dial my mom, walking into my room. I explain what happened and her agreeing statement is: “I'll go grocery shopping in the morning.”

“Thank you!” I say and hang up. Then I turn to face my walls, which are plastered with pictures of the five boys who are now living with me temporarily. We have four extra bedrooms (huge house) and Casey will completely refuse to share a room with any of them, he thinks they're gay. So someone's going to have to share with me. They might be creeped out by all the posters. I'll take them down later.

“Mom said yes.” I announce, making sure to close my door behind me. I sit down on the couch and they all sit too and I know how it feels to be at interviews with small couches, I'm completely smooshed.

“So tell us about yourself.” Liam says.

“Um, I'm seventeen, a senior. Um... I'm a dancer, but not in the horrific way you witnessed, I do ballet and pointe. Pointe is the one with the shoes you go on your toes with. Obviously, I'm a Directioner. I have six siblings, all brothers, all older. Except one only by five minutes. Casey's at a friend's house, all the others are either at college or moved out.”

“I'm glad we found a fan to stay with.” Harry smiles, putting his arm around me. I think I might faint. We talk for a bit and then mom gets home.

“Hi guys!” She greets them, “I'm Connor's mom, but call me Michelle. I know how to handle boys, so this really won't be any kind of burden, I promise. Also, I suggest you all find the spare rooms if you want them to yourself.” They're gone before she's even done. “It'll be good to have a full house again.” She smiles.

The dust clears, and Harry is the one left without a room. We can't get a hold of Casey, probably because it's like 2:30 am and we have school tomorrow. He won't give up his room anyway. I open the door to my room reluctantly, squeezing my eyes shut, hoping that all the posters disappeared. I hear harry giggle, and I've come to the conclusion that miracles don't happen.

“Sorry.” I mutter. I set up the air mattress next to my bed. Then I start taking down the numerous pictures and I store them in my closet. I grab pajama shorts, even though its winter I just like shorts to sleep in, and go to the bathroom to change. Louis is walking to his room in nothing but boxers. He yawns, “Sleep tight.” He says.

“You too.” I say, trying not to stare at the shirtless, pantless amazingness that is now temporarily living in my house. I get into the bathroom, change and brush my teeth, then go into my room. I don't want to sleep, I'm afraid this is a dream. But I have to.

I turn off the light and climb into bed, careful not to step on Harry.

“Nuh night, Connor.” He says.

“Night Harry.” I reply, trying not to smile. I can't believe I'm going to bed at 3 am with school in the morning. But something tells me I'll be plenty energized.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!
I really need, like, therapy or something...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i luv this first chapter if only it could happen

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

haha i love it!!! the funny part is my radio is playing You Don't Know Your Beautiful by One Direction right now. great job i really enjoyed this :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good opening chapter...can't believe started a new one haha

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A very good opening chapter. I like the big family and the thoughts in the chapter. Hard to be in a new place and feel relaxed. Thank you for the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love this!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great start! i shall read the rest when I wake up but i like where this is headed;

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love how you gave her the name Conner~

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sylvana

11 Years Ago

Haha! That's cute though. Flash would be a good name- even for a girl..
Sophie

11 Years Ago

Ugh, I would've hated it. Like, its original, but too much so.
Sylvana

11 Years Ago

AH okay xD
All I have to say is that I wish this happened to me. Ah-mazing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh my gosh. You need help. And I love it! Keep writing, girly!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

366 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 15, 2012
Last Updated on July 15, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


love you love you

A Poem by Rahul