Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

A Chapter by Sophie

Chapter Eight


I wake up around eleven, snow day! If there's a snow day, my mom usually just turns off my alarm instead of waking me up to tell me. I walk out into the kitchen, where mom's serving pancakes and the band looks sad.

“I thought you guys would be gone by now.” I say plopping down, even though I know the exact reason their not gone.

“Someone vandalized and completely destroyed the bus.” Zayn says.

“That's horrible!”

“And what makes it worse is that we can't get another bus for a few months, we'll probably be here until the summer.” Harry says. Louis drops his fork onto the ground, but quickly covers the anger that flashed across his face with laughter.

“Well, to take our minds off this, why don't we have a snow day? My mom has snowsuits for everyone from my brothers.” I say. Mom goes to get the from the basement and comes up and hands them out, everyone rushes off to go change, but I grab Harry's arm.

“You have some car grease on your hand. Just thought you might want to wash that off.” I say, and go to change into my snowsuit.

“I feel like a marshmallow.” Zayn says when I come out from my room.

“Don't eat him, Niall!” Liam yells, pretending to hold Niall back while he snaps his jaws like a piranha. I laugh and we waddle out to my yard.

“SNOWBALL FIGHT!” Louis screams and pelts snowballs at Harry, who pelts them at me, and I whip them at Niall, who throws them at Liam, who throws them at Zayn, who misses when he throws at Louis. I switch targets and hit Liam square in the face.

“I'm so sorry!” I yell. He wipes the snow off his face, laughing, and throws one at me. We wage an epic battle, and Niall and I are the last two standing. We're having a Texas stand off, when I hear something behind me, I turn around just in time for Louis to barrel me to the ground.

“Well hello there.” He says, on top of me.

“Hey.” I nod. Suddenly Louis is ripped off me and he and Harry wrestle in the snow. I throw a snowball on Louis' back and he collapses, defeated. Harry springs up and throws one at Niall, who is now defeated, having reached his five-hit limit. Now Harry and I remain.

“I thought you died.”

“Nah, I lied, only three hits. And you're on your fourth.”

“Get her, Harry!” Zayn yells from the ground.

“Make it fast, I'm cold.” Niall grumbles. “And hungry.”

Harry makes a snowball and takes aim, but I dodge and hit him in the side with one as I do.

“Now we're even.” I smirk. We circle each other, but Zayn grabs my ankles, and I fall down, Harry throws the snowball and he's the champion.


I can't sleep. The image of Harry and Louis destroying the bus plays in my mind. On the floor Harry murmurs in his sleep unintelligibly. I sit up and kneel next to him and jab him in the cheek. He doesn't wake up. I poke him again, harder. Nothing. I try shaking him, that doesn't work. I ull back my hand and slap his cheek. His eyes fly open.

“What the hell was that for?”

“To wake you up. Why?” I ask.

“Why what?!”

“Why did you disassemble the bus?”

He opens his mouth but no words come out. Then, without a word, he leans in and presses his lips to mine. I kiss back. Why am I kissing back? Connor! Stop that! Stop it! Stop it now! But... I don't want to. His hands tangle themselves in my hair and my arms snake around his neck, pulling myself closer. Connor, stop. Stop.

“Stop.” I whisper as he pulls away for a breath. I stand up, get my pillow and phone and walk out of the room. I lay on the couch, wide awake, until my phone goes off. I get up and stretch, do yoga, and dance. Then I go take my shower and I walk into my room. Harry sits up, looking like he didn't sleep either.

“I need to change.” I say flatly. He nods and gets up. I get dressed and then go into the bathroom to do my hair and make up. Then I go out into the kitchen where Harry sits, looking confused.

“What did I do?” He asks after a minute of silence. “You kissed back! Like, a lot! How can you be mad at me?”

“I'm not mad at you. But last night? It never happened.” I say. Then switch back to my normal self. “Want some breakfast?” I say, bounding over to cereal cabinet and pouring two bowls. I hand him one. His mouth has dropped open.

“What?” I ask, happily munching on the cereal. “Don't say it. It didn't. Happen.” I say.

“Oh, I was, um, filter feeding.”

“Filter feeding? Really? That's so interesting... Are you suddenly Spongebob?”

“Oh come off it.” He huffs, obviously confused by my behavior. What doesn't he understand by 'it didn't happen'?



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

She is confusing! no go wrife more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

I'm working on it! I promise!
luv2dream

11 Years Ago

well hurry up. five hours in the car tomorrow need stuff to think about and read!
Sophie

11 Years Ago

sorry D:
Woah! Woah woah woah! Crazy! And... and...woah!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

Sorry?
♪The Girl Next Door♪

11 Years Ago

Write. More. Now.
Sophie

11 Years Ago

I'm working on it D:
Would you like a leash for that b***h? :P




Guess I was wrong about Harry ending up with someone, Brook- I mean Sophie

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

Sophie

11 Years Ago

DAMNIT! pretend there was heart there.
Amanda

11 Years Ago

:P

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

277 Views
3 Reviews
Added on July 23, 2012
Last Updated on July 23, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie