Well, that was a depressing day.

Well, that was a depressing day.

A Chapter by Sophie

Eleven


Ali


I wake up to the door slamming open. Harry stands in the doorway.

“Ooo! What did I miss last night.” He winks.

“Harry!” Lou groans, not opening his eyes. “Go away!”

I open my eyes and they focus on the clock. “Harry! Seven in the morning? Aren't you supposed to be a late sleeper?”

“Yeah... not today though!” He says. I close my eyes and try to drown him out. I manage to fall back asleep.


I wake up. My hair is being stroked.

“Morning.” I croak, my throat dry. Lou and I are still lying on the floor, and Harry has gone.

“Good morning.”

“How'd you get him to leave?”

“When you started snoring he got sick of the racket and left.” He answers. I push myself up from the ground with my hands, “I do not snore.” I protest.

“No, you don't, he just left when you fell asleep.”

“Why'd he even come?” I ask, before yawning and stretching.

“I don't know, never said.” Lou answers, sitting up. I look at the clock, 11. Much better.

“So I have a hair appointment at noon, just letting you know, when I come back my hair will be straightened.” I say.

“No!” Louis cries in fake anguish.

“And I start work again tomorrow.” I add. My boss was on vacation, but she's coming back tonight.

“Where do you work?” Lou asks.

“Just as a waitress in a little coffee shop. Do you want breakfast or lunch?” I ask, walking into the kitchen.

“Let's go with lunch.” He says, coming in behind me, stretching. I make lunch and we eat.

“I have to go.” I say, it's 11:45, “I'm going to change first, I'll see you later.” I give him a quick kiss, then go to change. Lou leaves with me but goes into his apartment. I walk down to the parking lot and get in my car and drive to the salon. When I get there, all she does is wash it, to make it easier to cut, cuts off an inch (or a hairdresser's inch, which is like, four, okay not really, just an inch), and makes my bangs thicker. Then she blow dries it and straightens it. I pay at the register, and when she's not looking, I grab a Dum-Dum lollipop, blue raspberry flavored, and slip it in my pocket.

I grab my purse and walk out of the salon, and decide to walk to the little flower shop down the street, leaving my car in front of the salon. I unwrap the lollipop and stick it in my mouth. I reach the flower shop and walk in when I realize my mistake. Carly works here on the weekends, when she's home from college.

“Hi Carly!” I greet her cheerfully, bragging in my head to her about my amazing boyfriend who's famous and how she'll never have him, no matter how much she wants to and how he told me he loves me and oh yeah, he's famous and my boyfriend. I really hate her.

“Aleeya.” She says coldly, finally letting her hatred show instead of pretending she's my best friend.

“How's life for you?” I say, leaning casually on the counter.

“Fine, you?” She asks, gritting her teeth.

“Oh, it's been great! I got a new boyfriend, did you hear? His name is Louis, Louis Tomlinson? Ever heard of him?” I smile, walking over to a little vase shaped like a music note.

“Oh, yes, I saw you two at the concert. Adorable.” She smiles, forced.

“I'm glad you think so!” I say, putting the vase and a few light pink roses and baby's breath on the counter. She rings it up, and I hand her the money. She puts them in a bag. I spin the lollipop around in my mouth. “Well, toodles!” I say, wiggling my fingers in a little wave, when I get a text from Louis. Perfect timing.

Grocery shopping with Haz and I just drove by your car... it's being mobbed by screaming fans. What? I think. Instead though, I say out loud, “Aw, love you too.” I say pretending to type it, though I really type. On my way over.

The pen Carly was holding to record the sale snaps and ink explodes into her face and all over her white shirt. She opens her mouth in a silent scream, her lips dripping in the navy blue liquid.

“Oh, pen ink stains skin.” I pretend to make a sound of concern, “Well, it'll wash out in a few days. Good luck!” I say, and walk out of the shop, rushing to my car, my sunglasses on, even though it's chilly, it's sunny. I reach my car and a mob of about ten girls surrounds it.

“Um, excuse me?” I say, tapping one on the shoulder. She turns around and I see my car is covered in graffiti, all hate messages from these girls who wanted Lou for themselves.

“And you are?” She asks. Bless the hairdresser and the sunglasses!

“I'm Rebecca, the owner of that car... Who's Ali?” I ask, angrily.

The girl's mouth flops open in astonishment.

“Can I have your addresses to send you the bill for a new paint job on my car?” I ask, noting the permanent spray paint can in her hand. She gives it to me, obviously the one who organized this and I make a note of it in my phone.

“Thank you.” I say, getting in the car.” They walk away dejectedly. I drive pretty slow to avoid hitting something because I can't see through the tears that blur my vision. I reach my apartment and start to read my car.

“Louis is mine!”

“Back off!”

“B***h!”

“He deserves better!”

“You took him away from Harry!” That one actually makes me smile.

And then the one that hurts the most: “You're ugly and fat! I can't wait 'til Louis realizes and dumps your sorry fat a*s!” The tears I've been holding at bay finally spill over, and I run into my apartment.

Louis and Harry are out, so I text Liam.

Have fans ever written hate messages on your girlfriend's car? I send.

No, why? He replies. Then sends a second message, Oh my god, did that happen?! More tears leak out of my eyes as I reply.

Yeah... My hairdresser straightened my hair and I was wearing sunglasses, so they didn't recognize me. I told them they had the wrong car and I'm sending them the bill for my new paint job.

Nice one! He replies.

Yeah. Then Louis barges in. “Who did that to your car?” He asks, angrily.

“Some fans.” I answer, he notes I've been crying, and his face softens. I tell him of my amazing acting skills and he laughs.

“We're doing a twitcam, I'm just going to go get my laptop and a pint of ice cream.” He leaves and then comes back with the supplies. I snuggle up to him with the pint of cookie dough ice cream and two spoons while he tweets: Twitcam with Ali, gonna be serious. Dun dun duuunnnnnn! Then he sets it up and we're live. I watch in amazement as the viewers steadily climb into the thousands.

“Well hello there Directioners!” Louis greets them. “So, today, some fans wrote hate messages on Ali's car. I'd just like to point out that that won't exactly make you fan of the year in my book. And poor Ali is very upset.” He says stroking my hair. Then a message pops up.

“Hey! I thought you said it was the wrong car!” It's from the girl, I can tell by her profile picture. Her twitter name is Dani_loves_Tommo.

“I lied, but I will be sending you the bill for the paint job.” I say. Lou laughs, “What did you do, Als?” I tell the story and he laughs at the end and kisses my forehead. More messages pop up, saying things such as:

Awww!

You're so cute together!

Alouya Matthewson! Whoo!

Harry then bursts in the door, yet again.

“Doing a twitcam without me, Boo Bear?” He asks, plopping down on the other side and putting his arm over Lou's around me. Another few comments pop up and we just talk in response to them. After a while we say goodbye.

“So, other than your car being mangled, how's your day been?” Lou asks, closing the laptop.

“Good, I ran into a girl who's hated me since high school, she works the weekends, she goes to college nearby. I made her hate me more, but in a fun way.”

“Like how?” He asks. I tell him what happened and he laughs. Then asks, “Why aren't you in college?”

“Oh. I got a scholarship, but my mom saw it first, and said I wasn't good enough for college, she declined it.” I explain sadly. Harry makes a sound of disgust and Lou's mouth drops open. I shrug.

“That's ridiculous!” Harry splutters after a minute.

“That's why the day I turned eighteen, I moved out. She'd always been emotionally abusive, since my dad died, she said it was my fault, that I should've died instead, so I left.”

“So I can stop being nice to her on the phone?” Louis asks.

“Yes, I haven't seen her since, she has no right to judge either of us. She says someday she's going to visit, I just hope it's not soon...”

“Wait, emotionally abusive?” Harry asks, “Like how do you mean?”

“Oh, whenever I got an A, she'd say I was probably doing the teacher and that's the only reason, and then she'd go on and on wondering why a teacher would want to do it with me, called me ugly and fat... Drove me to bulimia and anorexia and cutting when I was only 14. Whenever I stood up to her, she'd hit me. I guess it wasn't all emotional. She video taped my dad's funeral and she made me watch it once a week, she liked to see me cry. She wanted me to 'feel a portion of the sadness she felt when I killed my dad'.” I explain quietly.

“Oh- oh my god.” Louis says, hugging me closer to him, then whispers in my ear, “Well then, I'll have to call you beautiful more often, because you are.” I smile slightly.

“Group hug!” Harry yells, and squeezes me and Louis at the same time.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poor Ali!! I'm crying. You made me cry. You should feel proud, because no author has made me cry before.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Major changes I see..

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hi Sophie,
You manage to bring in a number of emotions into your stories. This chapter I feel is one of your best. (I asked about Allie's job a chapter to early.) Keep the flow going.
Regards
Shawlyn

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think this is your best chapter! Its actually very comical and its also very hard hitting, you impress me more and more with this fan fiction. good work sophie :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Harry tends to make me laugh all the time in this fanfic. He seems to brighten the mood in this chapter.
I like how the story isn't just One Direction, but bits of Ali's life and background as well. Keep going. ;D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good chapter, actual actually great chapter! But I wouldn't have dropped all that info about her mom so quick. Build it up, you know? Maybe drop something even bigger later. Awesome chapter though!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the dum dum pop you added in there. They're addicting. Anyways, good write. I like where this story is going. Keep writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

392 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 2, 2012
Last Updated on July 2, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie