The Halloween costume

The Halloween costume

A Chapter by Sophie

Fourteen


Louis


Halloween night rolls around and I'm excited to finally see Ali's costume. She wouldn't even give me a hint, I'm so impatient. I've gotten ready in my cowboy costume, and I have a pillow case. I walk out of my apartment and knock on her door. I wait a minute and then it swings open. First I note her face. Her make up is amazingly done, her hair is down and shiny. Then I finally get to see the costume.

She wears a white leotard type thing covered in feathers, the wings are made of lace and are long, and when she moves they flow. A little flowing skirt goes to mid thigh, and white stockings go above her knees. She's wearing white ballet flats.

I make some sort of sound in the back of my throat, something like astonishment, or reverence or something. Then I manage to speak, “Whoa.”

She laughs and grabs her pillow case, “Ready?”

“Yeah.”

“Maicee's going to meet us down the street, are the boys coming with us?”

“Yeah, they're probably in the parking lot.” We walk down to the lobby and then into the parking lot. We see Liam, Zayn, Harry, and Niall signing things for a few fans out trick-or-treating.

“Hey!” I say, they turn around and I see their eyes bug out of their heads.

“No wonder you made him wait!” Niall says. They're still looking.

“Okay... that's enough...” I say, laughing. We set off and find Maicee.

“Hi Maicee!” Harry yells like and idiot, waving his arm from a distance. We set off trick-or-treating, Maicee and Ali link arms and skip down the sidewalks, laughing and eating candy as they get it. Every once and a while we have to stop for autographs or pictures, Ali even signs a few things.

We reach a house and ring the doorbell. A woman opens the door and my mouth drops. She is the spitting image of Ali, but with died blonde hair and a cruel expression. Ali was busy receiving a noogie from Niall, so she didn't realize where we were.

“Trick or treat.” I croak.

“Ali?! Is that you?!” She woman says, looking past me. “Well don't you look like a little ho tonight! Is that what you wear for work? Come here.” Ali is frozen, but somehow manages to step forward, like a soldier back from war hears certain sounds and reacts, her brain scarred. There is an expression of terror on her face, and luckily, there are no other children around.

“Well you've certainly... filled out.” Her mother says, jabbing her in the stomach, “I'm not giving you anymore candy tonight.” Ali robotically throws her lollipop into the bushes. “Don't litter! You disgusting little creature!” Her mother yells shrilly and slaps her across the face with a loud smacking sound. She's about to do it again, but I jump in between them.

“Hello! Ms. Matthews!” I take her outstretched hand and shake it, even though that's not what it's there for. Behind me Maicee gathers Ali in her arms. “I'm Louis, Ali's boyfriend, you phoned her the other night and we had a lovely chat.”

“Move boy, I'm trying to teach my daughter a lesson.” Okay, so the charm isn't working.

“No. Ms. Matthews, we're leaving.”

“Who do you think you are? She's my daughter and she needs to be punished! She's a little s**t!” In my peripheral vision I see Liam's jaw drop open and Zayn mumble, “Oh, that's what they were talking about...”

“You're a real prat.” I spit and turn away. We walk away, ignoring Ali's mother's screams behind us.

“What the hell was that?” Niall exclaims.

“My mother.” Ali spits. I take her hand and we continue trick-or-treating until Ali is laughing and her cheek has gone back to it's normal color. We head back on the other side of the street and get more candy. This neighborhood is great, there's a lot of houses and a lot of generous people, except one.

We reach the flat building and Maicee leaves.

“She asked for my number!” Harry fist pumps then high fives Niall. Ali rolls her eyes. Zayn, Liam, and Niall leave and Harry, Ali and I walk into the building. Ali and I walk up to the second floor and Harry continues onto the third. I lean down and kiss her, and she deepens the kiss. After a minutes I say, my lips still pressed against hers, “I feel bad kissing an angel like this, something about it is wrong.”

“Deal with it.” She says, and kisses me again, we walk into my flat, still kissing, and she closes the door behind us.


I wake up to an empty bed and my heart sinks. The covers are tossed aside and cold, but the angel costume is still on the floor by the door. Then I hear her singing the same Christmas tune from before and I breathe a sigh of relief. I pull on some clothes and walk into the kitchen. She's wearing an old sweatshirt of mine, and it's absolutely monstrous on her tiny frame.

“Good morning!” She says, putting some bacon on two plates.

“Morning.” I smile, kissing her as she hands me a plate. We sit down at my kitchen counter and eat. Then I grab out pillow cases, “The day after Halloween is a very special day, it's the day you get candy with breakfast!” I say, handing her hers. She rummages around and finds a lollipop, which seem to be her favorite, and unwraps it. I find a Hershey's chocolate bar and break a few pieces off and eat those.

“I still have work, I have to go attempt to brush the hairspray out of my hair and get dressed.” She says, leaning over to kiss me with her now blue lips.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!
And for those who were judging me on my previous 'About Me' (yes Brooklyn told me), this is what I meant. Nothing gross it doesn't even say it, okay? No need to be concerned, just a couple who are in love. :P

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Do I want to know what a prat is?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aly Jones

11 Years Ago

Oh, don't feel that way! As a wise kid in my class once said to my friend who told me this, "We're a.. read more
Sophie

11 Years Ago

very true XD
Aly Jones

11 Years Ago

Yeah, I know. That's why I constantly tell people that story.
Hi Sophie,
Good chapter, with a little bit more depth with the introduction of 'Mommy Dearest'. Good imagery (as usual) and a nice easy flow of dialogue (as usual). Well done.
Regards
Shawlyn

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

it was sweet well until she gets slapped of course. But you did a great job with this. keep up the good work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

haha I can really relate to being slapped in the face by your mom. Continue :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

D:

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

395 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 4, 2012
Last Updated on July 4, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie