Field trip with Haz

Field trip with Haz

A Chapter by Sophie

Sixteen


Louis


Ali has fallen asleep on me, and I pull the tiny notebook and pen out of my pocket and start writing. I have the inspiration now.

I was so shocked when I found her, she seemed fine when we ate breakfast, and then to find her like I did... it was like a slap in the face. What that horrid woman has done to her, damaged her so much she can't even have children, shaken Ali's image of herself so much she goes to extremes to please her. I'd love to have that woman arrested.

I've written the first drafts of two songs and its getting late. I pick up Ali's sleeping form and put her in her bed. I take off my shoes and lie down with her. I want to be here when she wakes up in the morning, I'll drive her to work, hell, I might even just stay at her job with her, just to make sure she's okay.

I drift off into a deep sleep.


Ali's alarm wakes us both up and she turns it off, and sits up.

“Good morning!” She says happily.

“How can you be so cheerful at six AM?” I ask, pulling the pillow over my head.

“I just am.” She says, pulling at the pillow. “Fine, you don't have to get up, but I have to get ready for work.”

“Can I come?” I ask, sitting up because I'm awake now.

“Sure, bring something that will keep you entertained though.” She says, like a mom would bringing her son to work.

“Sounds good. Does Harry count?” I say, not objecting, I will get bored.

She laughs, “He's definitely entertaining.”

“I'm going to go wake him up.” I say, jumping out of the bed.

“I'll be in the shower.” She says and walks into the bathroom. I run up to Harry's apartment, which he also keeps unlocked, and barge in. I walk into his room, climb on the bed and start jumping.

“We're going on a field trip! Wake up!” I yell, still bouncing. He groans and pulls the comforter over his head. Eventually he does get up, and pulls on some clothes. I rush into the kitchen and pour us some cereal.

“So what did you guys do after Halloween.” Harry smiles cheekily.

“I'm not telling.” I grin back.

“And yesterday?” He asks. My humor is immediately gone.

“Yeah, that's why we're going to work with Ali.” I tell him what happened. And we head down as I finish the story. His mouth is hanging open, I told him what her mom did to her, I just needed someone to tell, and Harry is good with big secrets, as long as they aren't funny to tell.

“Poor Ali.” He murmurs. We reach her flat and walk in. She's sitting at the counter, eating cereal.

“Do I have time to change?” I ask, she nods, her mouth full and I go into my flat to change my outfit, then we set off in my car, because Ali's doesn't hold three, and it's still covered in graffiti. We reach the little coffee shop and walk in. She puts on a visor and takes her place behind the register. A flood of customers start coming in on their way to work and she happily takes their coffee order.

“So what are you thinking for her birthday?” Harry asks me quietly.

“I've already made the arrangements for a spinet piano to replace her keyboard, I made sure it would fit. I know she plays, every time I'm there the books are flipped to different pages and there are sticky notes in her favorites.” I say, “You?”

“I was thinking a cat.”

I roll my eyes.

“What? She likes cats! She told me on Halloween! It won't be a surprise, I'll have to take her to a shelter so she can pick one out...” Harry says, “Maybe tomorrow, yeah, tomorrow's Saturday, that'll work.”

“Sounds good.” I smile. “I'm also going to take her out on her actual birthday, because the party is the day after, I think her boss is closing the shop for the party, because she wants to go. They're friends.”

The morning rush ends.

“Ya bored yet?” Ali asks, coming over to sit in a chair while the shop is empty.

“Nah.” Harry grins, “We never get bored, we're too funny.”

“No, I'm the funny one, you can definitely get boring.” I tease.

“Do not!” He protests, “Hey, Ali, so I'm sorry to say my birthday present to you can't be a surprise, and we have to pick it out, have anything planned tomorrow?”

“No.” She answers, smiling.

“It's a date!” Harry says, “Well, not really.” He adds after a playful glare from me.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
Seems like a fluff chapter... but it's not *grins evilly*
I love knowing things other people don't! MWAHAHAHA
Reviews please :3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really want this to get over with already so I won't hate Harry!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hmmm- I like it so far, but not having read the previous chapters left me confused and not sure if I can really give an accurate review.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 4, 2012
Last Updated on July 4, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie