I'm Lucky.

I'm Lucky.

A Chapter by Sophie

Nine


Ali


My life just gets better and better, doesn't it? I mean, this is the fairytale romance, he falls in love with the girl early, it's like... heaven. And better yet, I love him back.

I don't care that its been less than a week, I mean, most people would, but the universe is just going crazy, so I'm not going to question it's decisions.

I guess it is kind of weird, but it's romantic, the book romance, or the romantic comedy you never thought would happen in real life.

“I have to go take a shower, you're welcome to stay.” Lou says, kissing my nose and then walking into the bathroom, where I hear the water turn on and the shower curtain close. After about a minute I hear him start singing. I've always loved his voice, Maicee liked it, but she said it wasn't her type of voice, that she liked Liam or Harry's better.

I love how they've come such a long way, if you listen to the first time they sang Torn, to now at concerts, there's quite a difference, especially in Harry's voice, which is now a lot deeper, and Louis' voice is refined.

I join in with him, knowing he can't hear me though, but I don't notice when he stops and the water turns off and he steps out of the bathroom in a towel, grinning.

“I like hearing you sing.” He says.

“I like hearing you sing.” I counter. He goes to get dressed and walks out of his room in grey jeans and a t-shirt. I'm sitting on the couch, playing with the carrot pillow.

“This is adorable.” I say, it has a face. “Did a fan make it or something?”

“I don't really remember, it was in the X-factor days.” He says, plopping down next to me and putting his arm around my shoulders. I snuggle into him, bringing my legs onto the couch and curling up. He plays with my hair and we just stay like that, talking until Harry barges in, pant-less yet again.

“Wazzup ma homie?” He says in a fake American accent, trying to sound like a gangster.

“Don't turn around Ali, if you value being able to see, don't look.” Lou says, balling up a blanket and throwing it at Harry.

“Sorry, Als, didn't know you were here.” He laughs, back in his British voice.

“It's okay.” I smile, still curled up next to Louis. Harry sits down in a chair.

“Aw, look at the happy couple!” He teases, grinning, “See, I knew it would go well.”

“You were right, Haz, for once.” Lou says. His phone buzzes in his pocket and he reads the text.

“The lads want to come over, see the new flats.” He says.

“Harry, we haven't seen your apartment yet.” I realize.

“Um... well...” He hesitates.

“He's probably already destroyed it.” Louis says.

“Yeah...” Harry admits. I shake my head in shame. Boys. Lou kisses my forehead at random times in the conversation, and Harry clears his throat, “I guess I'll leave you two lovebirds, you only have a while before this place is in chaos.” He hobbles out of the apartment, the blanket still wrapped around him.

“I'll want that back!” Louis yells after him. And then he kisses me.

“Hi there.” I grin when he pulls away.

“Hey.”

“So what would you have done if you had seen me, but say I was farther back, and you couldn't reach me?”

“Well, I had actually seen you at the beginning of the concert, and I had to work up the courage to write the note and give it to you, but had you been farther back, I probably would've done it verbally, at the beginning of the show.”

“Really? Wow.” I smile.

“Anything for you, love.” He says, exaggerating his accent. We sit there, talking and kissing until Niall bursts in the door.

“Hey Niall!” Lou says, getting up, and I follow him, holding his hand. Niall looks at the hands.

“So you're not creeped out yet, Als?” He asks, “'Cause Lou can be creepy.”

“If anyone's creepy, it's you, Niall.” Zayn teases. I roll my eyes.

“How ya been, Ali?” Liam asks, smiling as he takes in our hands.

“I've been great.” I smile back. Harry then barges in, fully clothed this time.

“Oh thank god! Their love fest is over!” He says, closing the door. I turn beat red. “Guys, you should see these two, it's sickening, kissing all the time...” He fake shudders. We sit down in Lou's living room.

“So recording starts next week.” Liam says.

“Great!” Lou says.

“They also want us to work on writing songs for the album, they say it will give it more of a personal touch.” Zayn adds. We all talk for a while.

“Hey, we should go out for dunch or something.” Harry suggests, because it's only four o'clock.

“Great! I'm starved.” Niall says, immediately jumping up. Liam and Zayn look at him, knowing what he's already eaten today.

“Well, I'll have to get ready...” I say.

“You look fine, love.” Lou says, quickly kissing me.

“Ugh, Harry, I see what you mean.” Zayn whines.

“It's infectious!” Liam exclaims, “Niall, kiss me!” He and Niall pretend to kiss.

“I'm not going to be seen in public with One Direction wearing pajama pants and tank top, I'll be back, I'm going to go change.” I tell him, getting up.

Before the door is fully closed, I hear Liam say in all seriousness, “You're really lucky, Lou.” I walk into my apartment and go to my closet. It's too cold today for a dress, so I pick out a pair of white skinny jeans and a forest green, long sleeve shirt. I pick out silver bracelets and silver flats. I touch up my make up, put make hair in a high ponytail, and walk back into Louis apartment.

“Ready?” He asks.

“Yup.” I answer, putting my keys in my purse. We walk out of the apartment building and the screaming crowd greets us again. The boys smile and wave, used to this. I'm still a little shocked, so delayed, I finally wave.

Harry blows them a kiss and a girl faints. What having that kind of power must be like. We walk to our cars, Louis refuses to take mine, so we take his, Harry rides with us.

“Wait, Lou, you're driving? C'mon, we won't be there for five!” Harry whines.

“I do not drive as slow as you think, you're just a maniac when you drive.”

“That's because, unlike you, I take advantage of the fact that my car goes fast.”

“Well, so does my car, I just would rather not get a speeding ticket.” Lou counters. After a few minutes of driving I say, “Lou, you do drive slow.”

“HA!” Harry laughs, then leans forward to give me a high five. Louis glares out the windshield, but a smile creeps on his face.

At and intersection, Lou starts to slop down as we near a stop sign.

“Hazza, you actually are supposed to stop at these signs, you know.” Louis says.

“But there's no one here!” Harry protests, “Just go!” As he says that, a truck comes barreling from our right.

“Now see, if I hadn't stopped, we'd all be dead right now.” Louis says, half joking. Harry, for once, is silent.

I'm gripping Louis' hand really hard and he finally takes notice.

“Ali, what's wrong?”

“When I was little, our car was hit by a truck, and my dad died, I was in the ICU for a month. I was only seven.” I whisper.

“I'm so sorry.” Louis says, and Harry reaches around the seat to give me a comforting neck massage, which makes me laugh. I reach over and turn on the radio to fill the awkward silence. One Thing happens to be playing. Harry and Lou immediately burst into song, blending in with the radio, singing their respective parts. I laugh as Harry does the 'pat the dog and screw the light bulb' badly in the back.

We reach the restaurant, its a Chinese place. Liam's car has just pulled in and we see Niall sprinting for the door.



© 2012 Sophie


Author's Note

Sophie
reviews please!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'll be honest, I occasionally smile during these chapters. If these what these people are actually like then I wouldn mind having a life like that. I kinda wanna be rich now...oh wait, I've always wanted to be rich. Pshh, like Louis couldn't afford a speeding ticket if he got one!
This also made me smile: "Harry blows them a kiss and a girl faints. What having that kind of power must be like." gotta agree, the power would be pretty great...but Harry takes advantage of it haha. I like how theyre all so different

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I'll be honest, I occasionally smile during these chapters. If these what these people are actually like then I wouldn mind having a life like that. I kinda wanna be rich now...oh wait, I've always wanted to be rich. Pshh, like Louis couldn't afford a speeding ticket if he got one!
This also made me smile: "Harry blows them a kiss and a girl faints. What having that kind of power must be like." gotta agree, the power would be pretty great...but Harry takes advantage of it haha. I like how theyre all so different

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hi Sophie,
Nice intro on a bit of back story on Allie.
Regards
Shawlyn

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

such a wonderful write. even though i don't really like one direction. but to each her own or his own. you did a wonderful job on this keep up the good work :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
“It's infectious!” Liam exclaims, “Niall, kiss me!” He and Niall pretend to kiss.
Honestly Sophie, you have me laughing in every chapter.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sophie

11 Years Ago

I only take their personalities from the (many) youtube videos I've watched. It's probably something.. read more
Sylvana

11 Years Ago

hahah, it reminds me of what all my friends do.
Sophie

11 Years Ago

haha
OMG. I LOVETHIS SOOOOO MUCH I WANT TO LIVE IN IT.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Keep em coming

Posted 11 Years Ago


Even though I am not a fan of One Direction, (I tend to get caught up in the other british band Radiohead ;) ) I can ignore that you do write the dialogue of this really real. It is like people actually do talk, and I like that about this. Again I can tell this is sort of a "fan fiction", but its done very well. I've read alot of your stuff and I like it all. Well done :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sophie

11 Years Ago

thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

469 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 30, 2012
Last Updated on June 30, 2012


Author

Sophie
Sophie

-, MA



About
I'm 16 in my sophomore year of high school, I started on this site when i was 14, took about a year break and now i might be back, im just fixing my description because i was annoying as f**k last yea.. more..

Writing
untitled untitled

A Poem by Sophie