Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

A Chapter by Jennifer

    After the launch of Celestial Manifest everything seemed to get worse. People were dying of starvation. As the famine went on, so did the mission.

    There was or report for each planet that was passed. Hope dwindled with each uninhabitable planet. The mission was a failure and there are humans on that shuttle.

    Many were upset that there were people just sent into space without knowing if another planet would ever be found. As far as anyone knew they could not live on any of the planets within the solar system. Nobody knew if anything existed beyond that.

    People went on the mission anyway. They were needed to maintain the robots and help with the specimens. People were needed for human interaction if a planet be was found and life was created. People were needed to ensure that they could live on a different planet.

    As the mission continued, they realized that the supplies on the ship was about to run out. A new mission was launched to rescue the crew and find something closer. Instead of sending humans, this time they just sent robots. They were sent to travel in various directions. They were limited to how far they could go within a six month timeframe.

    As they journeyed through the Milky Way they searched for the shuttle. It was nowhere to be found. It became evident that the shuttle had traveled beyond their solar system. They could not afford to search further at this point.

    The search went on for five years. They could only assume that the worst happened to the crew of Celestial Manifest. The race was already on to create sources and eliminate the problems that were killing everyone.

    Funds for further travel were depleted. The robots that were out on the search and rescue mission were recalled from space. Celestial manifest was abandoned. Robots were put to work on earth. They were assigned with their last mission to clean the plan and keep it clean.



© 2021 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on May 11, 2021
Last Updated on May 11, 2021


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer