Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

A Chapter by Jennifer


    Jayna grew up only knowing peace and harmony. She grew up aware kindness and generosity. People were caring and took care of each other.

    She was a farmer with her love Omi. They have known each other since childhood. Then one day she received notification to prepare for the arrival of Earth beings soon. She felt a little concerned because she was only aware of their existence from lessons in school.

    She thought that the lessons were fiction. How could humans be cruel to each other? How could they harm the planet that they lived on? Didn’t they fade away like the fabled cavemen? All she knew was that the earth was where her ancestors were and that a small group of them were sent here to find a home.

   She felt very nervous since she received the information. Jayna did not know what to expect. Another message appeared on her monitor.

    Connection with Earth: Training Needed.

    What if they are aggressive? Will they take Lilliana over? She did not believe that anyone would be prepared enough to meet anyone from another planet.

    Jayna felt like civilization was going to end. More robots were created and marched outside of the each town. There were a few posted at random areas of Lilliana to watch the sky.

    Jayna had never seen anything like this before. Nobody on Lilliana has ever seen a weapon before. Everyone was preparing for possible aggressive visit from planet Earth.

    As the robots marched and people watched the sky, another announcement was sent out. People had to go in for training to learn how to use weapons. Why would they need weapons? The robots were capable of protecting them.

    Jayna went in to be trained and went back to her life. She felt like this sense of elevated alertness. She then received a message from their creator Uno.

    Uno was in a huge building in the distance that glowed at night. She could see it from her home. She looked at it knowing that this was where she was being summoned to.

    “Why are the only calling you?” asked Omi.

    “I don’t know,” Jayna muttered.

    “Do you want me to come with you?” he asked.

    She shook her head, “No, I think I’ll be fine. I need to stay and take care of everything.”

    She went to the glowing building. The doors open automatically for her. Soft lights led her to a room on the top floor.

    Jayna stared over her town and off. The door opened and a man walked into the room. He walked so softly it seemed like he floated into the room.

    He and pointed to one of the chairs, “Please sit.”

    She pulled out the seat and sat down, “Are you Uno?”

    He nodded, “Yes, I am Uno. I called upon you for your talent.”

    “Talent?” Jenna looked at his glowing eyes.

    “Yes,” he said. “You have exceeded training and your file shows your intelligence.”

    “ Look, I’m just a farmer,” she told him. “We’re all terrified.”

    “Of course, everyone is terrified,” Uno said. “It’s natural for you to feel that way. You never met anyone from Earth and you don’t know what to expect. Jayna, you have an important link and we need you.”

    “You need me?” she asked. “I’m not sure how you would need me. I still don’t know if I know that I’ll do anything if they arrive.”

    “They are just like you,” he said. “You will know what to do. We’re giving you all the sources you need should anything go awry.”

    She stared deep into his glowing eyes. Uno was a machine. There is a soft buzzing sound coming from him.

    “While I do know what you are telling me,” she said. “I am having a hard time feeling confident in what you are telling me. What is this link you’re telling me about? I don’t understand that other than they are just like me.”

    “I wouldn’t expect you to,” Uno pulled up the glowing screen. “We’ve only just met.”

    “How do I know that a robot is thinking on its own and a reliable source of information?” Jayna asked him. “This may be a message from Earth. Something programmed into you. Maybe you are having a glitch?”

    Smile played at Uno’s lips. Pictures appeared on the glowing screen. He showed a picture of Eli to her.

    “Dr. Eli Finch cared about us,” explained Uno. “He cared enough to program robots to rescue the lives of humans. I am programmed to keep you safe and create a world where you can live. Right now, we are ensuring that if they come that they will not harm us.”

    Jayna thought about it for a moment, “What about this link?”

    “We were sent here with human DNA to create life,” he explained. “This was to be sure that they could survive on the planet. Dr. Finch sent his own samples. He also programmed me to track his DNA once there was offspring. This, I’m afraid, was not tracked until now.”

    Jayna across arms, “Why not?”

    “Because Earth gave up on this project,” he said. “The scientists and doctors who were with us were sent to die in space. By the time we found Liliana they died and Earth cut off communication. So, we went ahead and created our own world since this was our mission. Since we were abandoned we reprogrammed ourselves to eliminate the remnants of Earth. The only thing we wanted to do was make sure that your species thrived. This is a new life.”

    “Okay, so you  need me?” She asked. “I get the gist of our relation to earth. Why am I special, Uno?”

    “I had to tell you that background in order to help you understand,” he said. “Our data indicates that you are Dr. French’s great-granddaughter.”

    Jayna wasn’t sure how to feel, “So, what does this mean for me?”

    “Based on your training feedback we are interested in training you to work with us in our database,” Uno said. “Would you be willing to help us? We also believe you can help us communicate with the people of earth.”

    “That might be good potential for a cultural meltdown,” she said.

    “We will train you,” he said. “We will teach you about us. Also, I need you to meet one of your relatives.”

    She paused and thought about it, “Yes, I want to help.”

    Uno smiled “I’ll have Cinco begin training. Tomorrow morning?”

    “Yes,” she smiled they shook hands. “Here’s to a peaceful reunion.”



© 2021 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on May 19, 2021
Last Updated on May 19, 2021


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer