Chapter Twenty Eight

Chapter Twenty Eight

A Chapter by Jennifer

   It was early and Jayna’s  orb was flickering with urgency. Were the people of earth being stupid? How could they not listen to Uno’s warning?

    The orb declared that there was a state of emergency. There was a breach. Jayna grumbled and got ready to leave. Nothing could have prepared her for what was going on.

    As she traveled to the glowing building she saw one of the lasers in a field fire into the sky. Her heart thundered in her chest. This was the end of peace.

    As she got closer to that her destination whatever was in the sky returned fire. The shot was fired outside of town and made the ground shake. Jayna left the vehicle and rushed inside to find Uno.

    All of the lights went out in the building. She stopped dead in her tracks. She saw little red light and heard this high-pitched sound. There was a ticking sound in the few lights in the floor turned on.

    The building went into lockdown and was eerily silent. Jayna stayed still for another moment and headed up the stairs. The light from the floor helped guide her way through the dark building. The whole city was dark. She made it to one room. She flipped a light switch, but nothing turned on.

    “Uno?” she called into the darkness.

    Uno’s thoughtful eyes could be seen glowing on the other side of the room. There was an unusual buzzing in the building. Uno was being very still.

    “Uno?” Jayna stepped forward. She saw more glowing eyes in the room. The robot’s eyes were glowing red.

    She felt her heart race in terror as she felt that all eyes were on her. Jayna backed out of the room and shut the door behind her. There was a breach; she had to go to the main room to find a breach.

    She rushed downstairs to the main room. She quickly closed and locked the door behind her. Jayna placed her hands on the desk and took a breath.

    Her wristband began flickering with a call. Marshall was trying to call her.



© 2021 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on June 5, 2021
Last Updated on June 5, 2021


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer