Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One

A Chapter by Jennifer

    The TIA was a division created by the government. When the search ended this division was created for the event that there was communication with the robots.

    Even though they were under the impression that the robots were programmed to deactivate once their creators died, they also realize that artificial intelligence was capable of taking on a persona of its own. This raised additional concerns.

    The robots may have been aware that they were abandoned. They were aware of the human life and cargo that were on the ship. They were specifically programmed to protect that human life.

    The president was concerned that the robots would program a conscience and attack earth. After consulting with the military advisers they worked with NASA and created a division capable of enforcing laws on communicating with AI in defending the planet were country from AI at an AI attack.

    This was when Dr. Eli Finch began focusing more on resolving issues on earth. He had no choice, but to reduce communicating with him Uno. There would have been questions.

    Eli did not know where it was or how far they traveled. He wanted Celestial Manifest to continue. He didn’t call them back. Nobody from the team called any of the robots back. It didn’t matter if they were floating out there forever. They just wanted another planet to be found.

     He didn’t know if he would be alive by the time they returned to Earth. Then what would happen? It would be a loss. The government told him there were not enough funds to bring them back. If he was dead the robots would be dead. There would be a total loss whether they returned or not.

   Eli felt guilty for limiting his contact with Uno. He buried himself in his work. Meanwhile, the robots were clear out in space. There was no telling what would happen with robots lacked supervision.

    Agent Marshall read the background about the Wi-Fi signal. Eli created some way of communicating with his robot without letting the government know even though he was watched closely. Marshall was surprised that computer turned on after so long. He was shocked that someone who is not a technician had the computer.

    He reported to his supervisors. Marshall didn’t even want to. Would it make a difference if anyone was aware? Marshall thought for a moment and before contacting anyone and waved his hand over a black box. A picture of a woman appeared above the box. It was a supervisor Alyx Martin.

    “I saw that you responded to a location utilizing a restricted signal,” said Alyx. “I was beginning to wonder what happened to you.”

    “I let them off with a warning,” he said. “They did not look like anyone who would use robots to do terrorize us. There were quite a few antiques at their house. Also one of them was protected by the relative law.”

    “Clearly, they may understand what the computer is and there may be something out there to communicate with,” Alyx’s eyes were cold. “We can’t let them keep the computer. It is government property.”

    “You’re right,” he said. “I think this could be as a way to connecting to the crew that was lost. We don’t know what happened next or where they ended up. We don’t know if these ladies even spoke with the robots.”

    “I have to report to the president,” Alyx told him.

    “I want to work with them,” said Marshall. “If the robots were a threat they would have been back by now.”

    “They have been out there this whole time looking for a home for us,” Alyx nodded. “You may be right, but we still have to report on this activity. I will report this to the president and inform them that we are looked working on building communication with Sierra and Dyan.”

    “How do you have their names?” Marshall asked.

    “We have Dr. Finch’s profile readily available as well as the information about the location that the signal came from,” she said. “I’m sure you did a great job building rapport?”

    “I don’t agent knocking on your door makes good report,” he said. “I’ll contact Dyan and see if she wants to work with us.”



© 2021 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
Added on May 13, 2021
Last Updated on May 13, 2021


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer