Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter Twenty Three

A Chapter by Jennifer

    Dyan was just relaxing while the laptop was in the shop. The agent who she met previously had react reached out to her directly. Dyan never imagined that she would be involved in life changing events.

    She was cooking when a communication box flickered. Diane sighed and hesitantly waved her hand over it. Marshall appeared about the box.

    She felt concerned, “How can I help you?”

    He smiled apologetically, “I first wanted to say I’m sorry for the bad first impression.”

    “Thank you,” she said.

    “I’m not sure if you’re aware by now that you have an important device,” he said. “Communication was broken with the robots and scientists so many years ago and we want to know what happened since we don’t have the full story. Would you be willing to work with us?”

    She thought for a moment, “I’m not sure if we can. We stopped communication like you told us. The laptop was very old.”

    “So, do you think there’s a chance they will not communicate with us?” he asked.

    “I am not sure,” she said. “I will have to think about working with you. What I have could easily fall into the wrong hands.”

    “I can respect that,” said Marshall. “I assure you that if we work together this will be a top-secret project. Only our most trusted staff will work closely with you. Everyone will be protected by the best team.”

    “If we do communicate with the robots, then what will happen?” Dyan asked. “Who will be talking to them after that?”

    “We will have to see what kind of dialogue we get from the robots,” he said. “Of course, the president will want to talk to them.”

    “Right,” she said. “I want to be the one talking to them. They lose any communication or if I’m excluded then I will shut this down.”

    Marshall perked up, “So, you are in?”

    “Yes,” she said. “I will follow up once I am on again. You’ll hear from us again soon.”

    Marshall nodded, “Okay.”

    His image disappeared. She waved her hand over the box to ensure communication had ceased. She waved over the box again and brought up her contacts and said, “Sierra.”

    Sierra’s image appeared, “What’s up?”

    “We need to talk to Joshua about giving me one hundred percent control over the laptop,” Dyan told her.

    Sierra squinted her eyes in suspicion, “Why? What’s going on?”

    “Agent Marshall just contacted me,” she explained. “He wants to work with us. I need to be able to shut this down should this go awry.”

    “You said yes?” Sierra’s eyes widened.

    “I did and this communication may be very important for us all,” she told her.

    Sierra frowned, “You may be right, but you realize this is the government? The very one that ditched the robots and people in space?”

    Dyan sighed and looked her in the eye, “First of all, that’s my inheritance. Second, I can choose what to do with my property. Third, we’re in a new generation who is looking for answers. This is an opportunity to at least make amends.”

    Sierra nodded, “I will contact Joshua.”

    “Thank you,” Dyan then said goodbye and turned off the box.

    The only thing she could do now was wait. Hopefully, the update worked. Dyan hoped that Uno would speak with them.



© 2021 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on May 21, 2021
Last Updated on May 21, 2021


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer