Chapter Twenty Seven

Chapter Twenty Seven

A Chapter by Jennifer


    Dyan  felt like she was in the fancy resort. After the ground tour of the pristine planet they were sent to a hotel to stay the night. It was the fanciest hotel she has ever been in if she ever had been.

    Everything was so clean. The water had never been touched by her society. She could drink from it without worrying about any toxins. She can even bathe in the water without wondering if there was anything to filter out.

    “I don’t want to leave,” she sighed as she settled into the soft warm bed.

    A  soft ringing tone came from a glowing dome next to her bed. She looked at the globe and touched it. Cubes scrolled up the side of the globe.

    She looked at the spectacle with confusion, “Hello?”

    “Hey Dyan,” said Marshall’s voice. “I was wondering if you’d like to go for drink.”

    Dyan felt a smile playing on her lips, “They drink here?”

    “Yeah,” said Marshall. “I mean, they are human and they have the same basic human desires us.”

    “Are you trying to hook up with me?” she asked with amusement.

    “No,” Marshall said. “I just want to check this place out. I think it would be best to talk to you without any government assigned person is present.”

    Dyan nodded in thought, “You have a point.”

    “Do you want to meet in the bar downstairs?” Marshall asked.

     She changed her clothes and went to meet him in the bar. They were greeted by man dressed up in a suit and led to a table. The bar was lit with ambient lighting and ambient music played in the background.

    They are presented with a menu. The menu contained various cocktails, coffees, and teas. The ordered tea and sat and enjoyed the environment.

    “So, what do we need to talk about?” Dyan asked

    “Well, the government wants the property back,” Marshall said as he sipped his tea.

    “That’s obviously not going to happen,” said Dyan.” The robots created a new life on a different planet.”

    “The robots also have the ability to completely destroy us,” he added. “Did we actually expect something man-made to be harmless?”

    “We never learned,” Dyan grinned. “I wonder if the mission was some sick experiment.”

    Marshall shook his head, “We did have an opportunity to bring them back. What did we do? Spend money on spaceships to find them.”

    “Maybe we knew that they crashed,” she said. “Why go on a mission to find them when we could have asked them to come back?”

    He sat and thought, “That’s all in the past. The robots sent us blueprints of space shuttles. They built the this magnificent society. Why should we ask them to return?”

    “We have made advancements since launching celestial manifestation,” said Dyan. “My grandfather had many responsibilities to our planet. I realize that now because my family never saw him.”

    “Maybe there was a reason he wrapped himself into his work,” said Marshall.

    “To avoid everyone?” Dyan asked.

    Marshall nodded, “I don’t want to go back, do you?”

    Dyan shook her head, “No, we have to go back. If we stay they will come looking for us.”

    “They will still come regardless,” said Marshall.

    Dyan smirked, “That will be their own mistake then. Why can’t you tell them that their alleged property wants to stay with here? Uno isn’t harming anyone.”

    “You’re probably right,” said Marshall.

    “Don’t forget that there is another shuttle nearby with the military,” she warned. “Anything stupid this is this turns into a pointless mission.”



© 2021 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cool, nice setting up the scene. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jennifer

2 Years Ago

Thank-you for reading! I also got an opportunity to see an error that was made lol
Diverse TV

2 Years Ago

That worked out nicely =)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
1 Review
Added on June 5, 2021
Last Updated on June 5, 2021


Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer