Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Rayne~Drop.
"

She's always seen them. She's learned to live with it. But that doesn't mean she's used to it, or at all at ease.

"
Bree had always seen the shadows, ever since she could remember, and they scared her.


No, not the shadows made by the Sun. This was completely and utterly different.


These shadows weren't normal. They lurked in the dark, had no defined shape, and had a mind of their own.


If people were around, the shadow creatures were there. There tended to be less if fewer people were around, but they were always there.


There was no place Bree had ever seen that they didn't lurk around somewhere.


School was one of the few places there tended to be fewer shadows, yet a higher population of people. So, if many were gathered, Bree knew that something was wrong. That something very bad was going to happen.


Today, unfortunately, happened to be one of those days.


The bell rang seconds before Bree entered the room.


“Mason! You're late!” Mr. Harrison, the history teacher, barked, giving Bree a cold glare.


Bree rolled her eyes, trying to look normal, but still a little freaked out on the inside.


There were to many of the shadow creatures there for her liking. Far more then normal. And they all seemed to be hanging around the elderly man.


Waiting for the announcements to come on, Bree took a seat in the second to last row of the class room next to the window.


Placing her head down on her desk, she listened to the principal on the announcements ramble on and on about nothing in particular.


Hearing the door close in the front of the room, she lifted her head to see her blond friend, Skyla, rush to the open seat next to her, trying to avoid getting caught by their prehistoric teacher.


“Hey Breezy,” whispered Skyla, strangely happy today. That was good. Her best friend needed to smile more, according to Bree, although she didn't so a lot of it either.


“Hey Sky,” Bree whispered back wearily. “What's got you in such an up beat mood?” The brunette tilted her head to the side in question.


At the seemingly innocent question, Skyla blushed. This had to be good. Talking to Skyla almost erased all of Bree's thoughts of the shadows. Almost. But not quite.


“Well,” the blond started. “Yesterday, Damian texted...” Bree stopped listening, preoccupied with the way one of the Shadow's was becoming more 3D, more defined.


Her best friend's squeal snapped her back into reality. “What?” the confused brunette said looking quite disoriented.


Skyla sighed. “I said,” she said again as her bright blue eyes lite up,” that Damien asked me out yesterday! Isn't that awesome?”


Bree laughed at how lighthearted the blond girl could be sometimes. “That's great Sky!” the friend replied, a huge grin on her face. Skyla never did get asked out a lot. Much of it, to Bree's dismay, probably having to do with the fact Skyla's best friend was prone to violent tendencies.


Pushing a ten year old out of a tree for pulling her hair probably wasn't the best way to end fifth grade.


But Skyla loved hanging out with her. And if Skyla was happy, then so was Bree...At least to an extent...


“Alright, alright! Settle down! Settle down!” the Mr. Harrison exclaimed.


Bree rolled her eyes, and heard quite a few snide comments. But in a minute, they died down enough for the history teacher to continue talking. “I know that you all are looking forward to summer vacation, but that doesn't mean we won't work today.” That statement earned a few groans and pained expressions. “Today we will finish up our discussion on...” After a little while, Bree tuned him out.


Focusing on what the shadows were doing, it occurred to her that a similar thing happened a few years ago. Yes, it had happened after the first time Bree had witnessed it. But the first time it happened had been enough to terrify her so much, that Bree was locked in her room for a few days, coming out only to eat.


It was in seventh grade...



Okay students! Let's move on, shall we?” Bree's red headed teacher, Mrs. Powell said sweetly, leaning against the board.


The strange shadows were hanging around, but that wasn't anything new. They were always there. More then usual, yes, but that didn't mean anything. The creatures never hurt anybody.


At least, that's what she thought until on of the indistinguishable shadows turned crimson red and gained a figure. It towered over the woman, even with a hunch back.


Horns sticking from the side of it's head made it look like something from a horror movie. Pointy, goblin like ears from the sides of it's head were torn and looked burnt to a few degrees.


The crimson red, mutant, shadow creature looked almost human...but strangely demonic. It scared Bree.


But what scared her the most was when the...the...Demon...pierced the teacher's chest. When it retrieved it's hand...Bree was frozen in fear.


This...Demon...Creature...Mutant...Thing...Just...Just took her teacher's soul. Her soul.


How was that even possible?


As soon as the demon withdrew it's hand, Mrs. Powell dropped to the ground, screaming in pain.


While all the other kids were scrambling around the room and trying to get help, Bree just sat there, frozen. She couldn't move. She couldn't speak.


All she could do was look at her teacher on the floor. Bree watched the color and emotion drain from the woman's eyes, and the screaming ceased. Her breathing slowed, and after what seemed like forever, she mouthed a “help me” to what Bree thought was directly at her.



But she couldn't help. All she could do was watch as Mrs. Powell slowly died.


“Mr. Harrison!” somebody screeched. At that, Bree snapped into reality. The brunette watched as the seventh grade incident happened all over again.



© 2012 Rayne~Drop.


Author's Note

Rayne~Drop.
Sorry it took a little longer then I planned...But the next one will be up sooner, I hope... My family enjoys taking my computer so yeah...If there are any grammar mistakes, tell me and I'll try to fix 'em... So, yeah...XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OH.MY.GIBBS.

ohmyfreakinggibbs. i just dieeeeed.

This is so intense [borrowingaphrasefromshnerd] and awesome and aihdfid. I love Bree so far. AND THEY'RE FREAKIN' STEALING SOULS.

Mahn. This is epic.

I can't wait to read more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Intense! That's kinda cool/creepy/weird how she thought of the seventh grade incident and then it happened again.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'm really enjoying these shorter and more intense chapters. It keeps the flow smooth and fast and the reader attentive and wanting to know what's going to happen next!

Great Ink!
Wolfie

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. Great writing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!! I AM SPEECHLESS!! THAT IS SO AMAZING AND SO COOL AND OMGOMGOMG!! :O

btw I LOOOVVVEE the name Skyla!!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ew, Mr. Harrison's gross. xD Meh, Mrs. Powell probably deserved it!!!! xD OHMEHGOSH SKYLA IS AN AMAZING NAME

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

634 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 9, 2010
Last Updated on January 16, 2012
Tags: soul, chasers, soul chasers, goblins, demons, shadows, random, characters, blah


Author

Rayne~Drop.
Rayne~Drop.

♫ Death City ♥, NV



About
Hi my name's Rayne and I don't write much anymore which means I'm never on this website. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Rayne~Drop.


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Rayne~Drop.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Gothic Angel Gothic Angel

A Chapter by Ashley.M.E


Third Third

A Chapter by halflives