Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

A Chapter by Rayne~Drop.
"

-insert description here because i have no idea what to write-

"

 “Remind me why we're going on a field trip. To somewhere on campus. On a Saturday.”


“I need to restock. We're going to the weapon room.”


“At six. F*****g. O'clock?”


“It's for your benefit too.”


“At six. In. The morning?”


“Did you not hear me the first time?”


“So sorry, but no. My brain is a little busy screaming in protest. Head still hurts, by the way.”


“So I rolled you out of bed.”


“Onto a pile of books.”


“My fault they were there?”


“No, your fault I was pushed onto them. How'd you even open my door, anyway? I know I locked it last night.”


“I picked it when you didn't respond to my threats.”

Bree glared at the stone path as she stumbled along after Raven, 

who was a little too smug for her liking.


“I wasn't responding because that requires effort,” Bree muttered more to herself then anything else.


“Sure, sure,” Raven said, obviously ignoring her words.


She stopped in front of a fairly small building and sat on the steps.


“Oh, so now we're just gonna sit here?” Bree complained. “I thought we were at least going to do something remotely amusing.”


“We're waiting for Seth.”


Bree raised an eyebrow at her mentor. “Seth?”


“Yep.”


“Why?”


“He has the keys this month.”


“...Okaaaay.”


“You never said that Bree was coming.”


Bree jumped and whipped around in time to see a portal closing behind Seth.


“Would it kill you to walk for once?” she frowned. “It's beyond weird.”


“It'd be rude to keep a lovely lady such as yourself waiting for any length of time,” he replied seriously, producing a key from his pocket and opening the door. “Ladies first.”


Okay. She had to admit, the weapon room really wasn't much.

The walls were painted a plain beige, and the floors plain wood. There were worn looking shelves, scarcely stocked with the occasional bat, dull sword, or arrow.


“Um...”


Bree looked around again, trying to find something she missed. This shed couldn't have been the right weapon room...Could it?


“Follow,” Raven told her, pulling on her arm a bit before traveling up the aisles.


Unenthusiastically, she did just that, not exactly sure what she was supposed to get out of this field trip.


The girl stopped in front of a shelf, similar to all of the others. But upon closer inspection, Bree found what looked like tally marks on the side, barely visible.


“Help me?”


“With...?”


Seth gently nudged Bree out of the way and kneeled on the floor with Raven. Together, they pried a fairly large square of floor away. Underneath was a ladder going a few feet below ground into 

a tunnel of darkness.


“Am I going down there?” she asked, not sure whether to be thrilled at the possibility of exploring or terrified of monsters.


“Uh-huh,” Seth replied, stepping into the darkness and ignoring the ladder.


There was a dull thud, followed by some muttering.


“Um...You alive?” she called down, crouching by the edge.


“Yeah, I'm fine. C'mon down!” he said, voice echoing up the hole.

Bree contemplated that for a minute. “Is that ladder safe?” she 

asked cautiously after a minute of contemplation.


“Yes, yes, it's safe,” Raven sighed, tapping her fingertips along a shelf. Now hurry, we don't have all day.”


Biting her lip, Bree slowly lowered herself down the ladder. Her fingers gripped the cool metal, hands clutching the bars, holding on for her dear life. She had no idea how far down it was, and Seth's voice sounded pretty far away when he jumped down.


And then her foot slipped.


She must have overestimated the distance to the next bar, because her foot felt nothing but air.


She tried to hold onto the bars her hands were on, and attempted to feel for one close to her foot. But, alas, Converse were not made for their traction, and her shoe slipped across the metal about the same time she removed one of her hands from the bar.

She let out a scream and fell into the black.


XxoxX


She didn't know how long she'd been falling for, but it felt like an eternity.


Bree could feel her long hair tangled up around her legs, and she gasped for air like anyone would be her last breath. She wrenched her eyes shut and clutched her hands to her chest, as if trying to keep her pounding heart from breaking out.


She didn't know how long she'd been falling, or how far from the top she was, but she didn't dare open her eyes.


That is, until her ears started to ring.


What were you thinking?!


Desdemona's voice was a screech inside her head.


“I didn't do it on purpose,” Bree said, frowning as she opened her eyes.


It was dark, there was no light, and, most importantly, she wasn't dead.


Huh.


“What did you---”


Could you be more idiotic? Do you know what would've happened if I hadn't---


“Hadn't what? What did you do, Desdemona?”


Bree heard her grow.


Nothing you need to know about! Gods, I can't even...! Just go find your friends.


“But you haven't told me---”


That's enough!


And suddenly the connection was broke, leaving Bree with the worst headache she'd ever suffered.


She stayed on the ground, curled up in a ball for awhile until some of the pain subsided. She then pushed herself onto her feet, and felt around until she touched a wall. Using it tog guide her, she started walking in what was hopefully the direction of the exit.

It was quite a while before she slammed into another wall.


“Goddammit...”


“Did you hear that, Raven?”


Bree froze; Seth's voice was coming from the other side of the wall.

Hurriedly, she banged on it, all the while yelling.


“Seth? Raven? Are you there? Guys!”


There was silence, then the cranking of gears. Ever so slowly, light 

was let into the room.


She ran out as soon as the wall was lifted, only to find her two friends were as pissed as Desdemona sounded.


“Um...Hi?” Bree offered, raising her hand in a little wave.


“Where the Hell were you?!” Seth fumed.


“In...There?” she said, using her thumb to point behind her. “What exactly happened, anyway?”


“That's what I'd like to know,” Raven said, frowning. “That's the holding room; we used to keep prisoners in there. So how did you even get there?”


“Well, I fell like a retard off of the ladder, and then Desdemona started yelling at me when I wasn't dead. Not exactly pleasant.”

Seth's expression cooled down, but he was still a bit too pale of her liking. Without saying another word, he walked off.


“Well...Changing the subject, welcome to the weapon room.”


“...It's really big.”


The walls and floor were a white tile, and bright lights hung overhead. Silver tables displayed a vast array of weapons, and guns were carefully hung up on the walls. Deadly objects were laying around as far as she could see.


“Yep! Now, let's find you something to use, shall we?” Raven said, locking arms and pulling her along.


“Did you get your knives, yet?” Bree asked.


“No, but I can do that later. Back on the subject of you, what would you like to try out first?”


XoxxoX


Apparently there was another room in the back that wasn't a holding cell; Raven had said it made to try out different weapons, but it was made kind of pointless when the Council turned weapon picking into a field day activity. But it was there and available, so the three used it instead of hauling everything to the training grounds.


For lack of anything better to start with, the first thing they had tried was the bow and arrow; that turned into a complete disaster. Long story short, Seth nearly ended up with an arrow in his arm.


He had promptly taken over which weapons Bree would try next, and made a point to stay off to the side behind her whenever possible.


Seth unwillingly allowed her to try throwing knives only because Raven promised to give instruction.


Surprisingly, the session ended with no one hurt.


“So? What do you think?” Raven asked, leaning against the wall.


“Um...They're, okay, I guess.” Bree frowned. “They just don't feel right.”


“Wanna try some guns?” Seth suggested.


“You would willingly put a gun in her hands?” Raven questioned.


“Hey! I'm not that bad!” Bree protested.


“I'd help her, so I know I won't get short at or anything,” Seth replies, shrugging. “Bree? Wanna try it?”


“...You are gonna help me, right? You're not just going to stick a gun in my hands, right?” Bree asked wearily.


“No, of course not.”


“Can't hurt to try then.”


Seth walks up next to her and withdraws a pistol from his pocket.


“What you're going to do is grip it with your right hand.”


“Why?”


“Because that's what your dominant hand is.”


“I'm a lefty.”


“Never mind then. You're left. Hand.”


“Okay, now what?”


“Put your right hand on it too, but just make sure to line up the---”


She pulled the trigger and the bullet went through the wall.


“...Can I have a different weapon?”


XxoxX


They ended up going with a non-traditional weapon, because none of the ones she was shown was comfortable for her.


“A scythe? Like the one the Grim Reaper uses?” Bree asked.


“Yep. It has length, so you can fight from a relative distance, but you can use hand-to-hand as well,” Raven explained.


“I see.”


Bree took the weapon from her mentor and balanced it in her hands.


“The weight is nice,” she commented, walking to the middle of the room, where there was no chance of accidentally hitting someone.

She gave an experimental swing, and twirled it in her hand.


“I like it.”


“...Seriously?”


“Yeah. Can I keep it?” she asked hopefully.


“Are you sure you want it?” Seth replied. “It's not a weapon we use often, so no one's really going to be able to teach you how to---”


“Oh, hush,” Raven said, rolling her eyes. “Let her try it out for a week or two. If she doesn't like it after then, it shouldn't be too hard to swap it out for a new one.”


“Thank you thank you thank you!”


Bree rushed over to give her a hug before remembering she had a lethal weapon in her hands.


“Um...Oops?”


Seth shook his head and started for the door.


“We're all gonna f*****g die.”



© 2012 Rayne~Drop.


Author's Note

Rayne~Drop.
I hated writing this chapter so much like I can't even begin to tell you about my hate for it. Just so ya know.
So...I guess this means I'm back? -shot and bricked-

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

IT'S BEEN TWO MONTHS LADY

TWO

MONTHS

Posted 11 Years Ago


WHAT YOU MADE ME WAIT HOW MUCH CHAPTERS-- *is scythed*

that was gorgeous

"would it kill you to talk for once?" -- dying i love bree so much.

i love how she picks a scythe of all things

my spirit animal is bree okay

i love it and i'm glad it's back hooray sdkhdslfsd

MORE NOW OR SUFFER.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

276 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 20, 2012
Last Updated on July 11, 2012
Tags: soul, chaser, guardian, demon, hunter, weapons, blood


Author

Rayne~Drop.
Rayne~Drop.

♫ Death City ♥, NV



About
Hi my name's Rayne and I don't write much anymore which means I'm never on this website. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Rayne~Drop.


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Rayne~Drop.