Chapter IV: Darkest Case

Chapter IV: Darkest Case

A Chapter by Xerclipse
"

Marie explains about the dark force that lingers on her brother. Will Alan be able to complete the exorcism alive?

"

Chapter IV

Darkest Case

 

            The scene transitions to Alan, Nebula, Marie, and Limbo in a subway train. There are very few passengers on board. Alan sits down with a straight face, with Nebula at his left. Limbo is on Nebula’s lap with her hands on him, and Marie sits next to Nebula. Alan hears a voice from his right.

 

Voice 1: Heeeyyy…what’s going on Alan?

 

The scene switches to third perspective. Marie, and Limbo look at Alan.

 

Alan: (looking straight ahead) You should be ashamed of yourself! You don’t know what that poor girl went through. She is an innocent little angel. Why did you hit her?

 

Marie: (to Limbo) Who is he talking to?

 

Limbo: Don’t even consider it. He’s been at it for a very long time.

 

Alan: Come on, it’s hard to trust people or things that look like angels when you got demons to go up against. You never know. Besides, she bought some Freaks for us to kill back there. Alan, you should go apologize to her. No, don’t worry about that, I am sure she got over it.

 

            The scene switches back to Alan’s perspective. His lips appear to not be moving as in third perspective, they are moving.

 

Voice 2: SHE CAME FOR YOU ALAN…. AND YOU HIT HER!

 

Voice 1: whoa, calm down. Alan has to worry more about than getting hit in the face or mistreating a young girl. He could lose his soul and get dragged down to hell.

 

Voice 2: Marie is a sweet little angel, and she does not deserve to go to hell. You should be the first one to go down there while Marie stays in this world, or in heaven.

 

Voice 1: WHAT ARE YOU….INSANE? That’s not very nice of you to say. Especially when you say that to him.

 

Voice 2: He wasn’t nice to little Marie.

 

Voice 1: That doesn’t give you the right to tell him to go to hell. He is already close to it.

 

Voice 2: DON’T TELL ME WHAT I KNOW ALREADY. DON’T EVEN GIVE ME YOUR OPINION.

 

Marie: I really wish that he would stop this.

 

Voice 2: Look, Marie just said something. She said that she wants you to stop your bad attitude. YOU SHOULD CHANGE!

 

Voice 1: No, you got it all wrong.

 

Limbo: Alan just don’t do anything stupid. Please shut up.

 

Voice 2: Did you hear that Alan? That cat just called you stupid. You are a big, violent, retarded, savage!

 

Limbo: Oh boy….please! Not here!

 

Voice 1: SHUT THE HELL UP! ALAN IS A PERFECT MAN. HE CAN DO THINGS HIMSELF. HE CERTAINLY ISN’T RETARDED!  HE HAS TO BE SMART ENOUGH TO BE GOD DAMN EXORCIST!

 

            Alan gets up and pulls out his hatchet and gets up. He holds the bar with his other hand.

 

Limbo: Alan please snap out of this! Put that damn thing away!

 

Alan: HE NEEDS TO SURVIVE, BUT WE GOT ANOTHER CASE, AND THIS TIME IT COULD BE YOU KNOW WHO! Please don’t bring that thing up. It was gone a long time ago. NO, OTHERWISE LITTLE MARIE WOULDN’T BE COMPLAINING TO US ABOUT IT!

 

            Alan smashes a seat with his hatchet two times. He screams furiously. Limbo jumps off right when Nebula gets up.

 

Limbo: D****T ALAN, SNAP OUT OF IT.

 

She hugs Alan from behind right when he is about to do his third strike. He stops himself when Nebula’s arms are around him. She closes her eyes and looks down. Marie looks at Nebula hugging Alan. Limbo sits back at the seat.

 

Limbo: (looking at Marie) Now would you look at that! Next thing you know, people will look at him, and he would live the rest of his life in a psychiatric ward.

 

Marie: At least he isn’t possessed by a demon.

 

Limbo: Well, it’s the same thing Marie. It’s nothing different since we have to restrain him, and deal with another being inside of Alan. I suggest you don’t get too close to him. I don’t think you would want to get hit, and neither do I. Let Nebula do the work from here. So, your brother’s name is Drake, right?

 

Marie: Yes…

 

Limbo: So…how did he ever come in contact with this thing?

 

Marie: (pauses for a moment)  Well…I….I….

 

            Marie begins to tear for a moment. She puts her hand on front of her eyes. Alan and Nebula look back at Marie crying. Alan puts his hatchet away and walks closer to her. He lifts up her face with his thumb gently, and rubs her tears off with his hand.

 

Alan: How did Drake come in contact?

 

Marie: It’s my fault Mr. Harkison. I couldn’t control myself. And I couldn’t help him.

 

            The scene transitions to the past. Marie and Drake are in an apartment. Drake is eleven years old and on a wheel chair. His skinny and weak body is revealed. He still pushes himself around. His gauntly face can be seen. Marie sits in the living room with Drake. Their parents are not home so Marie and Drake watch TV. Drake’s face does not reflect happiness but only loneliness. He sees a player do a slam dunk in a basket ball game.

 

Drake: Why do other people get a chance to jump?

 

Marie: Drake…please don’t talk about it again.

 

Drake’s nose begins to bleed. He begins to close his eyes. Marie grabs a tissue and wipes the blood off of his nose.

 

Marie: You can do other things than to jump, or walk. Come on…be happy!

 

Drake begins to cough away from Marie.

 

Drake: But you have many years to live. Look at me! Look at me.

 

            Marie begins to look back. Drake’s depression gets the best of him. He looks back at the television.

 

Marie: Drake, I’ll be right back,

 

            She turns off the television. She runs out of the room and leaves Drake behind. After a while she shortly comes back with a box. When she opens it, there are multiple letters lined up alphabetically on a board. There are words that say yes, no, goodbye, and hello at the corners. There are happy, sad faces, and a pentagram on the board as well. The box also contains a small glass cup.

 

Drake: What…what is that?

 

Marie: It’s called an Ouija board. I never tried it before, but I want to try it with you.

 

            Marie pushes Drake next to a table and puts the board on it. She puts the glass on the board and places Drake’s finger on the tip of the glass.

 

Drake: Uuhhh, what am I suppose to do here?

 

Marie: Well…I hear that you have to ask it a question.

 

Drake: Okay….um…hello.

 

Marie: No, you don’t greet it silly, you ask it a question!

 

Drake: Uuuhhhh, Who are you?

 

            There is a silence for a while as Drake stares at the Ouija board. Marie stands behind Drake and sees the finger in the glass.

 

Drake: What’s this all about?

 

            Nothing happens for a while.

 

Drake: Is this really a game?

 

Marie: Yeah, but I don’t know much about this.

 

Drake: Okay, are you there?

 

            The glass begins to move to hello. Drake begins to get surprised as his heart jumps.

 

Marie: Drake, are you okay.

 

Drake: (afraid) That glass……I was….barely touching it!

 

Marie: Oh, well why don’t you still talk to it.

 

Drake: Uh, my name is Drake. What’s your name?

 

            The glass begins to spell out “I shall not tell you”. Marie puts her finger on the glass as well. Drake takes his finger out.

 

Marie: So……..can we at least meet you some day after this?

 

            The glass spells out “In the other world”

 

Marie: Oh, so you’re dead? When did you die?

 

            The glass spells out “1692”. Marie pulls her finger out of the glass after it reaches the last number.

 

Drake: You see….I told you.

 

Marie: (putting her finger back) How did you die?

 

            The glass moves to “H-A-T-C-H-E-T”

 

Marie: Aawww, I am sorry, you were murdered?

 

            It moves to “yes”. Marie runs out to a drawer, pulls out a pen and paper and comes back.

 

Marie: Drake, put your finger back on that thing.

 

Drake: (putting his finger on the glass) But…But I am scared.

 

Marie: What a terrible thing. So who exactly killed you?

 

            It spells out “The Dark Exorcist.” Then as the glass moves, Marie writes from what the glass spells. “Alan Harkison”

 

Marie: Well I’m sorry about that. So are you lonely now.

 

            The glass move to “Yes”.

 

Marie: Aw, well don’t worry, we have someone that you can keep company with. Will you be with him?

 

            It moves to “Yes" again. Suddenly the lights turn off. The television turns back on with static. The noise behind it is muffled and difficult to hear.

 

Marie: So when were you born?

 

            The glass spells out “Never”

 

Marie: oh. So you don’t have a birthday. So you see, Drake here is feeling lonely. He only has a few years to live, and I have done my very best to make him happy. Please, keep him company and don’t let him go! Please.

 

            The glass drags on the board violently. It moves out of Drake’s finger quickly. It even pushes his finger out of the way. It spells out “Sure, and I always will”. The lamps begin to collapse. The tables and chairs shift. Drake’s chair swings out causing him to fall. He gets pulled into the living room.

 

Drake: MARIE!!!

 

Marie rushes to Drake and hugs him tightly. The couch levitates but Drake begins to run away before the couch falls on him. Drake stands by a wall breathing heavily.

 

Marie: Drake…you….you ran.

 

Drake: Yeah…but not on my own!

 

            He begins to run through the halls, to the kitchen, and to the rooms screaming. He bumps into a wall and runs back to the living room where Marie is. Drake’s nose is bleeding. He collapses onto the floor vibrating. His body shakes as Marie holds him.

 

Marie: DRAKE…DRAKE!!! PLEASE…STOP THIS!!!

 

            Drake punches Marie away and floats on the air.

 

Drake: NO!!!

 

            Drake levitates above the ground. His limbs bend backwards and his neck twists. His eyes are rolled back as his wrists are broken. Drake cries in pain and agony.

 

Marie: STOP IT…STOP IT! DRAKE..please come down.

 

Drake: (in a demonic voice) WHY SHOULD I? I AM NOT DRAKE! YOU CALLED ME! YOU ARE THE ONE WHO DID THIS TO HIM!

 

Marie: (crying) How…why?

 

Drake: YOU MADE ME DO THIS LITTLE GIRL! IF YOU DON’T WANT HIM TO BE ALONE, THEN HE WILL BE WITH ME. THIS DEFFECTIVE MORTAL SHALL NEVER BE LET GO!

 

            Drake gets body slammed onto the ceiling. He rips the fan off of the ceiling and throws it down violently.

 

Marie: NO….NNOOOO!!! I AM SORRY! PLEASE LET HIM GO!

 

            A mirror gets dragged from a room to the living room. Drake falls onto the ground and stands facing the mirror. Instead of reflecting Drake, it reflects a tall man with red and black robes. He moves out of the mirror and jumps into the room. The spiked boots create a big impact on the floor. His dark cracked shades cover his eyes. He wears a hat with a cross on it. Wraps cover his left hand. His white pale bony left fingers are exposed. However, there is metal on his right arm. Knives replace the fingers of the hand. They can bend like regular fingers. His clothes are worn out and filled with holes. The cogs on his elbow allow his arm to bend. His pale white face has a crackle texture. His smile reflects his yellow teeth. Marie looks at the mirror and gets jumped by his appearance. The demon’s name is Solomon.

 

Solomon: So….you want me to let go of that boy? I am sorry, but I cannot do that since you commanded me to never do that!

 

            Solomon raises his metal arm and points to Drake. Drake does not move an inch. He stares into blank space.

 

Solomon: If you value that boy so much, then there is someone that you must go to.

 

            He places his left hand on Marie’s shoulder. She pushes the hand away and runs to the corner.

 

Solomon: (smiling) Aaawwww…..don’t be such a baby. Am I the boogey man? Is my image that scary to you little girl? Well, let me tell you this, I have been a labeled as something bigger than just a boogey man. I have done more than scare people and give them nightmares. I made them feel what the eternal flames from hell are like. I’ve immersed them into the pain until they don’t even know what it’s like to be without it.

 

            Solomon laughs hard which causes the robes to reveal his chest wound. There is a hatchet mark on the middle of it.

 

Solomon: (pointing to the wound with his sharp fingers) You bring me the one who did this to me. He has the ability to enter into people’s mind. That’s how that particular exorcist does business. Just send him an invite, and I will be waiting at the boy’s mind.

 

Marie: Don’t you dare touch my brother anymore!

 

Solomon: If killing him is what you mean, then I can tell you that it will defeat the purpose of bringing Alan to this. I need this one alive so he can feel the pain! However, there will be many more beings that will take over this boy with me!

 

            Solomon grabs Drake’s neck and puts himself inside the body. Drake runs around like a savage, breaks the window and crawls up on the walls. Suddenly the parents enter in the house and run to the living room when they hear screaming. The mother looks at Drake’s body screaming as the father stands back. He turns around and sees the Ouija board.

 

Mrs. Quinn: (sobbing) MY SON….HOW IS HE….? HOW?

 

Mr. Quinn: YOU…YOU DID THIS TO HIM MARIE!! WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?

 

Marie: Dad…I…I didn’t know!

 

Mr. Quinn: (grabbing the Ouija board and throwing it at Marie) WHAT IN THE HELL WERE YOU DOING WITH THIS? HUH?

 

Mrs. Quinn: YOU ARE SO CRUEL TO YOUR BROTHER! IF THAT’S ONE OF THE THINGS YOU WERE TORTURING HIM WITH, THEN THAT’S IT. YOU ARE GONE. I DON’T EVER WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE AGAIN MARIE!

 

Mr. Quinn: (holds Marie by the hand and drags her out of the house) IT’S ALL YOUR GOD DAMN FAULT. YOU GET OUT OF HERE! DON’T EVER COME IN HERE AGAIN! I HOPE YOU DIE OUT IN THE STREETS MARIE! GO BURN IN HELL!

 

            Marie gets kicked on the back and falls through the steps. The scene transitions back to the subway. Alan sees Marie crying and holding her face. Limbo sits besides Marie as Nebula is next to Alan standing up.

 

Limbo: Oh boy, that board is really the worse way to trigger a demon.

 

Alan: Solomon!

 

Marie begins to look up at Alan.

 

Alan: The witch hunter…Solomon. That’s the thing that possessed your brother! It wants me!

 

Limbo: WHAT? Him….don’t tell me you are about to walk right into his trap!

 

Alan: That’s exactly what I am going to do Limbo. If you don’t want to come, then that’s fine! I am out on this by myself! Come on Marie, our stop is near by!

 

Marie: YES….AND IT’S ALL REALLY YOUR DAMN FAULT YOU MONSTER! YOU MUST HAVE REALLY DONE BAD THINGS TO SOLOMON TO MAKE HIM THAT EVIL AND DANGEROUS! I CAN’T EVEN GO BACK TO MY HOME BECAUSE OF YOU!

 

The subway begins to slow down. Alan looks away.


Marie: DON'T LOOK AWAY FROM ME YOU PSYCHO! I AM NOT THE ONE WHO TALKS TO MYSELF!

 


Limbo: (turning to Marie) MARIE!!!! (turning back to Alan) Alan, don’t do this. Once you get into Drake’s mind with Solomon in it, then there is no turning back. I am not going to go through an exorcism ever again. It’s too dangerous for me. That’s why I had to get into this cat for the first place.

 

            The doors begin to open. He walks away but Nebula walks to Alan and holds his hand. Marie gets out as well.

 

Limbo: WAIT, GUYS…WHERE ARE YOU GOING? DON’T TELL ME YOU ARE ALL IN THIS! COME ON!

 

            Alan looks at Nebula’s eyes and the hand that holds him. He pulls it away and walks up the steps. Limbo jumps out of the train and catches up with Marie.

 

To Be Continued



© 2012 Xerclipse


Author's Note

Xerclipse
So what do you think about the past? Any character flaws or inconsistencies? Please criticize.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This chapter was amazing!! I love the irony/ karma of having an exorcist basically possessed by his own insanity so that it might as well be a demon. Poor Marie, everyone's just kicking her around. I have a feeling that Nebula's going to become like a mother to her... I shall find out.

I had to take a little five-minute break when Solomon (I like his description, by the way) was torturing Drake. It was so painful to imagine...I was rubbing my wrists afterwards and my heart was pounding. Well done (I am not a masochist).

100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

lol the torturing/ possesion of drake gets better in the next chapter. I am glad you are enjoying th.. read more
I wrote something really cool for you. The site ate it. It does that to me a lot.

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

write "with nebula at his left" instead.
rephrase lines 13 and 14. too bulky and incomprehensible.
alan gets up when he is already up? problem with line 33

she hugs alan from right behind not the other way round, if thats what you meant.
she close her eyes and looked down...how about 'she looked down and closed her eyes'

limbo sits back on the seat, rather.

marie: 'she covers her eyes with her hand'
or ' she put out her hand in front of her eyes'

choppy sentences. find a way to attach them
eg ' a gauntly face on a skinny and weak body, is revealed.
their parents are not home, so marie and drake watch tv.
however drake's face does not reflect happiness, only loneliness. he sees a player do a slam dunk in the b ball game.
he turns to marie.

drake closes his eyes as he begins to bleed from his nose.
wait...so she just asked a spirit to be with her brother? wicked..in a bad way.

to be let go of? or 'so you want me to let go of that boy'

viva

Posted 11 Years Ago


I am sure (she'll ) get over it.

Well that explains a lot. It makes it even better. All I can say is let's go kick some a*s. Wow what ride so far.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I didn't notice any inconsistencies. I was a bit taken aback by the way little Marie's parents turned on her. I would never do that to my kids, no matter the circumstances involved! Solomon sounds like a vile being indeed, and full of hate and rage towards Alan. I think Alan will have his hands full with THIS one!
Nice chapter...now, on to the next!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

Oh, well just as long as Solomon doesn't come in, I am sure you will be fine, or you will need Alan,.. read more
Dean Kuch®

11 Years Ago

LMAO! You got it 'X'. If I need to get ahold of Alan, I am sure you can point me in the right direct.. read more
Xerclipse

11 Years Ago

ok then ;) I just posted chapter V. I'll be back online to post another one and review more of your .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

504 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 31, 2012
Last Updated on August 28, 2012


Author

Xerclipse
Xerclipse

http://xerclipse.deviantart.com/gallery/, NY



About
Hey people of Writer's cafe, what's up? You may call me Xerclipse and its about a year since I had this. I am 18 years old and I am at Mass Art right now! I write books with a lot of action and vio.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..