48. Meanwhile...

48. Meanwhile...

A Chapter by halflives

*In Salt Lake City, Utah, a few hours earlier*

 

*Hotch pulls the SUV up next to a quaint looking house with a cute little porch*

 

Doctor: Watch out. It’s the nice ones that get you.

 

Hotchner: Excuse me, “Doctor”, but I would much appreciate it if you behave. These people just lost their daughter.

 

Doctor: I am “behaving”. I’m just stating a fact.

 

Me: Sweetheart, be nice.

 

Doctor: *is defeated* Okay.

 

*Hotch gets out, followed by myself and the Doctor. The Doctor reaches for my hand, but I tell him with a gentle look that this is not the time. We enter the opening by the porch, and Hotch knocks on the door. A man, in his mid-fifties, answers*

 

Man: Hello?

 

Hotchner: *flashes his badge* I’m Supervisory Special Agent Aaron Hotchner. This is SSA Olivia Smith, and the Doctor. May-

 

Man: What do we need a Doctor for? We’re not sick.

 

Hotchner: That’s just his name.

 

Man: We don’t need a Doctor!

 

Doctor: Please, may we come in?

 

Man: …I suppose.

 

Me: Thank you.

 

*We go inside. I sit down on the couch, hands on my knees, and the Doctor sits down beside me, relaxing. Hotch doesn’t sit, he merely walks over by the entertainment center, staring over at the man*

 

Hotchner: You’re Katie Lindsay’s father, yes?

 

Mr. Lindsay: Yes.

 

Hotchner: We came to talk to you about your daughter. Was Katie… hanging around the wrong crowd?

 

Mr. Lindsay: What do you mean?

 

Hotchner: Was she drinking, taking drugs…

 

Mr. Lindsay: No. Not at all. Katie was a good girl. She got fair grades, and she hung out with a bunch of top-of-the-class girls.

 

Hotchner: You’re able to confirm this?

 

Mr. Lindsay: I’m SORRY?

 

Hotchner: I’m well aware that children can do things behind their parents’ backs-

 

Mr. Lindsay: I’m sorry, Agent Hotchner, but Katie would never do that. Ever since Katie’s mom died last year, she’s never been the same. She’s been trusting me more and more.

 

Me: Do you have any theories at all as to why she died?

 

Mr. Lindsay: She- *starts to cry* She had a boyfriend. She went out with him the night she died.

 

Hotchner: What was his name?

 

Mr. Lindsay: M-Michael. Michael Wright. He was a bad influence, as far as I was concerned.

 

Me: And you think he killed her?

 

Mr. Lindsay: Well, who else c-could have…?

 

Hotchner: I think it’s time we left. Thank you.

 

Mr. Lindsay: *catches my arm on the way out* Y-you’re so young to be doing work like this.

 

Me: Believe me, I’m older than you may think.

 

Mr. Lindsay: Please. Call me when you catch this man.

 

Me: I will. *grasps his hand* Trust me.

 

Mr. Lindsay: *sobs* T-thank you…



© 2011 halflives


Author's Note

halflives
:D For Jossy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is for me? Aww...thank you... kind of a depressing chapter to be for me though. Anyway, great work, as usual!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Aww... this was kinda sad :(

Posted 12 Years Ago


Such sobbing.
Not so funny chapter. But it was good. Enough.
WE NEED SCULLY AND MULDER

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

573 Views
3 Reviews
Added on June 24, 2011
Last Updated on June 24, 2011

Liv's Crazy Character Conversations


Author

halflives
halflives

wolf's trap



About
❝when you find that one person who connects you to the world, you become someone different. someone better. when that person is taken from you, what do you become then?❞ hi i'm olivi.. more..

Writing
[author's note] [author's note]

A Chapter by halflives


blood [tobias] blood [tobias]

A Chapter by halflives