Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Burr the Story Sorceress

In the bright, sunny meadow, full of wild flowers and soft grass, three children play. One of them is me, the other two, a boy and girl, play, too. We are picking wild flowers to make into crowns. The girl leans in close to me to whisper a secret in my ear. 

        All that comes out of her mouth is an obnoxious beeping. 

 

        Beep! Beep! Beep! 

        A shock runs through my body as I wake up. My mind struggles to catch up with the rest of me. Memory takes even longer to come. 

        'Oh, s**t,' I think. 'I have to go to school.' 

        Beep! Beep! Beep! 

        I get out of bed and turn the alarm off. As I'm going through the pre-bedroom-leaving tasks, my door opens a crack and a jade-green python glides into the room. 

        “Good morning, Mim,” the snake says brightly on the common mental path. “Its a nice day to start the new school year, yes?” 

        “Oh, shut you trap, you slithering familar,” I growl. 

        The snake continues, unperturbed. “Your brother is waiting for you downstairs with breakfast and your birthday present.” 

        “Say I'll be down later rather than sooner.” I grab one of my window seat pillows. “Now, leave!”

        By the time the pillow hits the door, it is closed and the python is gone. 

        'You really shouldn't be that snappy, Mimerain.' Lyrena chides. 

        'Shut your trap, too. I haven't eaten yet,' I snap at her. 'Don't any of you get it into your heads to be chatty.'

        Four different voices laugh. 

        I snarl and get back to getting ready for the day.



© 2008 Burr the Story Sorceress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is the first time I've seen the present tense work in a story. ^^

Posted 15 Years Ago


Haha! Very entertaining! The voices in her head almost make her seem crazy. I wonder what the meadow scene was about?
-Brie

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

322 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 9, 2008
Last Updated on August 7, 2008


Author

Burr the Story Sorceress
Burr the Story Sorceress

A Really Cold Place, OH



About
I am a kinda loud person who is very blunt. I tend to talk before I think. I go with the flow, most of the time. When I get excited, my stutter comes back with a vengence. I do the best I can and that.. more..

Writing