Chapter 11

Chapter 11

A Chapter by Burr the Story Sorceress

     I storm into the ballroom, so angry I can barely see straight. Feu, that scheming wolf, was frozen in a block of ice and the others are hiding from me. The Adepts look my way as I cross to the snake table, clearly worried and puzzled. I grab a bottle of soda from the cooler and drink half of it in one go.

     “You should try to drink that all at once, you know. You'll get sick,” a voice whispers in my ear. Tingles and currents of warmth run down my back and arms. Markus takes the bottle from my hand and places it on the table. His right hand starts to massage the back of my neck. “You are angry, why?”

     My stiff spine softens and whatever explanation I was going to say flies out of my head. My mind focuses on his fingers rubbing my neck. My head tips forward so he can massage more of my neck. I hear him chuckle.

     “I wish I could do this all night, but you have gifts to open.” He kisses my neck and takes my hand. I let him lead me to the presents. I can't help but smile. I totally forget about the Four misbehaving.

 

*     *     *

 

     That night, Markus sneaks into Mim's room through her window and settles himself next to her. He has been doing this every night since Wina had told him about the open window. It is hard on him to not constantly touch her during the day and he would have gone crazy by now if he had to suffer through nights without her close by.

     Newly paired Dragons were dangerous until the bond between him and his Unicorn was solid. New pairs are never separated, it was too dangerous. A newly paired Dragon could easily get it into his head that his mate was in danger. No one that stands between him and his mate lives to tell the tale.

     She is sound asleep. Markus pulls her into his arms and she turns into his hold and snuggles against him, burying her face in his black shirt. Everything in him quiets and calms as her presence and pureness washes over him. He rubs his face against her hair and breathes in her scent.

     'I can't go to sleep,' he tells himself. 'I can't fall asleep.'

     Markus hasn't slept in the past week. He couldn't sleep when away from her and couldn't sleep when with her. Vik is an Adept and Mim was raised an Adept. Their ways aren't his. They don't know how hard this is on him.

     After a few minutes, Markus drifts into sleep with Mim in his arms.



© 2008 Burr the Story Sorceress


Author's Note

Burr the Story Sorceress
Sorry it took so long. Enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

uh oh... he fell asleep =P

Posted 15 Years Ago


amazing!
romantic!
emotional!
and unifying!

i love it!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Wow! How sweet! Young love! On to the next chapter!
-Brie

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

236 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 21, 2008


Author

Burr the Story Sorceress
Burr the Story Sorceress

A Really Cold Place, OH



About
I am a kinda loud person who is very blunt. I tend to talk before I think. I go with the flow, most of the time. When I get excited, my stutter comes back with a vengence. I do the best I can and that.. more..

Writing