Chapter 26

Chapter 26

A Chapter by Burr the Story Sorceress

Markus stops at the edge of Mim's lawn and watches her leap into the arms of the tall, lightly tanned man standing with two other strangers waiting on the porch. As he walks up the sidewalk Mim turns to the woman about her size with red streaked black hair and hugs her tightly. The second man, a tall, imposing figure with black hair and pale skin, is the last to receive his hug before Mim turns, bright eyed and smiling, to him.

 

Mim offers him a hand and he takes it as he reaches the porch. She the turns and starts the introductions. “This is Darkin, of the vampire clan Vamisa, and his mate, Clairkitdra Blackfin, matron of the Blackfin Dersonus clan.” The man with black hair and the woman shake his hand. The man, or vampire, nods in greeting while his mate smiles and softly mutters her hello. “And this is Edward Sunrise, a prince Dersonus.” Edward shakes Markus' hand firmly and with a smile. “All three are very old friends of my family and watched Vik and I grow up. Everyone, this is my Dragon, Markus.”

 

“It is a pleasure, young Markus,” Clairkitdra says in her soft voice.         “Indeed it is.” Edward says as he releases Markus' hand. The contact between them had not been unpleasant as most handshakes tend to be. The Dersonus prince had a good soul, strong and steady and reliable. “It is good that Mimer has someone to look after her. She can bully Vik into just about anything. You, sir, cannot let yourself be swayed by her efforts.”

 

Edward laughs as Mim playfully punches his arm. The other woman hide a giggle behind her hand and Darkin's stoic face is warmed by a smile. Markus joins in the laugher as the group go inside to settle in the living room.

 

“Is anyone thirsty?” Mim asks. “Sorry, Dark, we don;t have blood on hand, but I was going to make some tea.”

 

“Tea is fine, Mimer.” Dark says. Seeing Markus' confused look, the vampire explains, “My kind need blood to survive, but we can enjoy other foods and drinks. Those foods and drinks just do not sustain our existence like it does your own.”

 

Markus nods in understanding as Mim and Clairkitdra go into the kitchen to make tea and snacks. “I am learning more and more the longer I am with Mim. She seems to have astonishing connections.”

 

“Of course she is well connected,” Edward says. “She is from a powerful and old family that has always been in the thick of politics. I watched her three times great grandmother grow up. I have been close to the family ever since.”

 

“And I,” Darkin adds, “have been friends with the Adept Council members and their families since my blood daughter, Sinara, and her mate, Diac, came to this country. Speaking of which,” the vampire pulled a large stack of fliers out of an inner pocket of his long jacket, “here are some fliers I have been asked to give to Mim. Sinara and Diac are holding a special Senior Student Night at there club in the Old Harbor in honor of the two of you.”

 

'Sin and Die'? Isn't that a very popular strip club?” Markus asks, reading the name of the club on the flier.

 

“Yeah, it is,” Mim says as she enters with a tea tray. The small Dersonus follows her with a tray of finger sandwiches. “Sin and Diac want to expand their business. They want to reach the younger demographic to expand their income.”

 

“They donate to charity a lot,” Clairkitdra adds. “They must put about twenty-five percent of their profits aside for medical research and such.”

 

“And what are we going to do with these fliers?” Markus asks.

 

“Throw them down the main staircase at school,” Mim replies simplely.



© 2009 Burr the Story Sorceress


Author's Note

Burr the Story Sorceress
Fun times, huh? The next chapter is gonna be good!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Freakin' A Brits. You never finsh your stories!! They are good but are left uncompleted! You better hurry up in writing the next freaking chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

310 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 25, 2009


Author

Burr the Story Sorceress
Burr the Story Sorceress

A Really Cold Place, OH



About
I am a kinda loud person who is very blunt. I tend to talk before I think. I go with the flow, most of the time. When I get excited, my stutter comes back with a vengence. I do the best I can and that.. more..

Writing