Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Burr the Story Sorceress

        “You have got to be joking, Mr. Woolen,” I tell him. “I can't be his guide! Get Mary or Tomas Darsin. They'll be a lot better then me.” 

        “But they are not of the same standing, Miss Mim. Markus Lightone is the only unpaired Royal Dragon, which makes him one of the most important people in our society. Like you are, being the younger sister of the Adept Council's leader,” he stresses. “He is a very important addition to the school.” 

        “So, what does that have to do with me?” I ask as I start pacing his office again. 

        “If you act as his guide today, here in the school and in the city, and you are pleasant to him,” he says and meets my eyes, “I will not tell your brother that you broke Mary's nose again.” 

        I stop pacing and look at him again, and remember the last time I had broken Mary's nose. Vik had been so mad he couldn't put it to words and ignored me for four days. Most kids wouldn't have cared, but we talk all the time and it ripped my heart out not to hear his voice laugh and tease and chat. 

        “Okay, I'll do it.” I rub the bridge of my nose. “But I have to go home for an hour right after school.” 

        “Take Mr. Lightone with you. I'm sure your brother wouldn't mind,” Mr. Woolen counteres. 

        “Fine. Call Vik and tell him, okay. I have to go to be a guide.” I turn and leave the office. 

 

 

 

 

 

        “This is our homeroom. We come here first everyday and leave to go to the other classes on our schedule. Since we have the same schedule, I'll just show you around as the day goes on. We are in homeroom for twenty minutes.” Mimerain looks back and up at him. “Got all that?” 

        “Yes, Mimerain,” Markus says with a nod. “You are very good at this.” 

        She looks at him sharply with bright silver eyes. A man can drown in her eyes. She opens the door and leads him in. A group of blond haired guys and girls are muttering in a far corner of the room and stop as soon as they see Mimerain. The ill feelings they emit are like a bad smell floating around the room. He looks at his guide again. 

        She is short, around five feet three inches. Her silver hair goes down to her hips and is done in a tight braid. Her skin is pale and looks soft as a fluffy blanket. It is hard to tell if she had curves or not because her school uniform is loose fitting, but he has a feeling that she has some. She goes straight to a desk by the windows, far from the group of kids on the other side of the room. She opens a book and starts reading it, leaving him to choice who to sit with. One of the other boys walks up to him. 

        “Hi, are you Markus Lightone?” he asks. 

        “Yes, and you are?” 

        “I'm Tomas Darsin. Mary is my cousin.” Tomas holds out a hand. Markus looks at it. Tomas sees the look in Markus's eyes and pulls his hand back. “Sorry, forgot dragons don't shank hand. I don't hang out with dragons much.” 

        “That is a surprise,” Markus says politely. Truth be told, it is a wonder anyone can be around him. A meanness oozes out of his very skin. “If you excuse me, I must speak with my guide.” He gestures toward Mimerain. 

        “Dude, you don't wanna talk to her,” he snarls. Tomas puts his hand on Markus's arm. "She's a b***h."

        Markus gets a painful zap from the other boy's hand. Unlike the strange tingle that ran up his arm when he had held Mimerain's hand, a sign of a pure soul, the zap is a reflection of the darkness in Tomas' soul. Markus pulls away from his hand and looks him right in the eye. 

        “Mimerain may be a b***h, but her soul is more pure than your's or your cousin's,” Markus says flatly and goes to sit next to Mimerain. 

        “They are not going to like you at all now,” she comments quietly as Markus sits in the desk next to hers. She looks up from her book and smiles at him. “How much of a shock did you get?” 

        “A painful one.” They laugh at that and the teacher comes in the door and calls for attention.



© 2008 Burr the Story Sorceress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

hey, you can make so many things work! even though you switched back and forth from a 1st person's to a 3rd person's POV, i didn't get confused or anything. I like your writing style ^^

Posted 15 Years Ago


brilliant! Good thing he stood up for Mim! Go Markus!
-Brie

Posted 16 Years Ago


nniiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
i like the teaming up thing!
i like!
they're falling!

haha... i cant wait!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Excellent work...Cant wait to read more


-Aaron

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 20, 2008
Last Updated on August 7, 2008


Author

Burr the Story Sorceress
Burr the Story Sorceress

A Really Cold Place, OH



About
I am a kinda loud person who is very blunt. I tend to talk before I think. I go with the flow, most of the time. When I get excited, my stutter comes back with a vengence. I do the best I can and that.. more..

Writing