Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Burr the Story Sorceress

        Vikirnoff Greappson sits across from Markus, the green python still around his shoulders. Neither speak as they drink the tea Vikirnoff had made. They are silently looking each other over. The tension in the room is high. Mim walks in and staggers. The two men are at her side in an instant, Markus on the right, her brother on the left. 

        “You two are just silly,” she scolds. “At each other's throats already. Relax, there is nothing to worry about. If I have to come in here while I am meditating, I will hurt you both.” 

        Markus smiles at her as he helps her up. She looks up at him and smiles. His heart does a weird flip and he is even more certain that she is his unicorn. There is no other explanation. He doesn't see Vikirnoff look worriedly at his snake familiar. 

        “Vik, this is Markus Lightone. Markus, this is my brother Vikirnoff. He looks scary, but he is a big softy on the inside.” She smiles at her other brother and scratches the snake between the eyes. “And this is Syree. Say hello, Syree.” 

        “Hello, Master Markus,” the snake says calmly. “It is a pleasure.” 

        “The pleasure is mine, Syree,” he says with a little bow. 

        “Yes, it is nice to meet you,” Vikirnoff says slowly. It seems to Markus that he is thinking over his every word. 

        “Alright, then I'll go now.” Mim walks through the doorway on the other side of the kitchen. “Behave!” she calls over her shoulder as she disappears through the doorway. 

        “Alright, I'm here. Stop muttering and tell me what is bugging you four,” I say as I walk up to the cluster of large, colorful cushions. The Four where close together, muttering. They look up at me and settle down for the chat ahead. 

        “Who is going to tell her?” Lyrena asks. She has long, grass green hair, light green eyes and dark skin. From the waist up, she wares a bikini top with sheer material in a light green color. From the waist down, she doesn't have legs. Instead, she has the body of a snake. The under belly is a dark brown and the top is dark green shot with light brown. 

        “I can't tell her!” Wina cries. She is a short, blond girl in short shorts and a long sleeve shirt that is very baggy. Her hair is short and her outfit is as yellow as the wings coming out of her back. Her skin is a golden-yellow tan. Her eyes, as yellow as the rest of her, are tearing up. “I'm not good at this stuff!!” 

        “Calm down, Wina. We agreed that Feu was going to tell her.” A pale blue hand pulls Wina into a hug. Aqura is a mermaid and the kindest of the Four. Her skin is pale with a blue shine to it. Her hair is a light blue, her eyes a deep sapphire. She wares a light blue long shirt that flows around her. Her scales are dark blue with white patterns. “Go on, Feu. She needs to know.” 

        Feu stands up. She is tall, her hair is blood red and a little longer than her shoulders. Her eyes are bright red and her skin a golden-red tan. She is waring a loose kimono, black with orange and red designs and a slit up the left side in the front. She has wolf ears poking out of her hair, a tail extending form the end of her spin, all a deep red color of fur. “I'll be blunt. You are Markus' Unicorn.” 

        I stare at them. “No. It isn't possible. Adepts can't be Unicorns or Dragons.” 

        “You are not a normal Adept.” Lyrena says calmly. “No one is sure what rules apply to the Balance. The first Balance was the twin sister of the first Unicorn. None of us know what is or isn't certain.” 

        “Yea!” Wina exclaims. “Before Malin, we thought all Balances had to older than thirty. And you have been the Balance since you were six!” 

        “You are also the only other Balance besides Myra, the first, to be equally connected to each of us,” Aqura points out. 

        “You are a strange one,” Feu declares. “Who knows what you will do in your reign.” 

        “I don't care. The Royals won't let this happen.” I start pacing. The idea of Markus being my Dragon makes my heart flip over and a thrill run up my spine. I am, however, the younger sister of the Adept Conical Leader. “Okay, I do care. The idea of Markus being my Dragon is a nice one.” 

        “They can't stop you two.” The fire element grips my arm and pushes me down into the cushions. “It is the way of the Light Users. One Dragon for each Unicorn. Period.” 

        “The Light Users would not,could not, deny your bond. Draco gave his life to let pure souled ones outside of the families be Light Users. The sons of Light couples may always be Dragons, but Unicorns are not as easy. To keep inbreeding from destroying the lines, they except those outside those lines. Markus is the last unpaired Dragon. Your bond has already started to form. They will except you,no matter what your heritage is. Besides, you could unit the two Powers. Like it was before the wars. Like it was when Myra and Unra were young.” the mermaid moves closer to me and wraps her arms around my shoulders. Her comforting, healing power flows over me. “You have longed for something to call your own all your life. Markus is something you can always have. It will not be easy, but you are strong and you have us. We love you, too, Mim.” 

        “Yea, yes, yea!” Wina throws herself at me and hugs me tightly. “I loves you, too! Group hug!” 

        Lyrena slides smoothly to join the hug. Feu moves more slowly, but does wrap her arms around my neck. I feel better instantly. The Four where okay with what has happened. Now all I have to worry about is my new family.



© 2008 Burr the Story Sorceress


Author's Note

Burr the Story Sorceress
Enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awwww! So cute! I like Wina, she seems like the fun one.
-Brie

Posted 16 Years Ago


cute!
cuddly!
and warm!
i like!

Posted 16 Years Ago


excellent just one mistake i saw you said from twice in the first sentence :) but no worrys everything else is perfect

keep up the good work

-Aaron

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

285 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 25, 2008
Last Updated on August 7, 2008


Author

Burr the Story Sorceress
Burr the Story Sorceress

A Really Cold Place, OH



About
I am a kinda loud person who is very blunt. I tend to talk before I think. I go with the flow, most of the time. When I get excited, my stutter comes back with a vengence. I do the best I can and that.. more..

Writing