Chapter 15

Chapter 15

A Chapter by Burr the Story Sorceress

     The large ballroom looks like it is made of silver and gold. It sparkles and dazzles my eyes. The music is heard through hidden speakers throughout the walls and ceiling. I soft orchestral melody fills the air.

     The people in it are just as shiny. Their clothes look like they are made of precious metals and gems. Jewels cover both the Unicorns and Dragons. I count thirty-two couples. They look down their noses at me discreetly. They respect Markus family enough to not openly scowl at me.

     I cling to Markus' arm and straighten my spine. I will not let these people affect my trust in Markus. He said I would be fine, that everything would be okay. I believe him.

     “Are you alright?” Markus whispers in my ear.

     He is wearing a simple white dress shirt and black dress pants. A gold hoop is in his left ear lope. He looks more handsome than any of the other Dragons. My feeling of being under dressed in my pure white, form fitting satin gown fades. The only jewelry I have on is my black onyx choker and small white pearl drops that Markus gave me for my birthday.

     “Mim?”

     His voice brings me back from my musings and I meet his eyes.

     “I'm sorry. What?” He smiles. “Are you okay?” “Oh, yes, I'm fine.” I give him a weak smile.

     “Markus, darling! Is this your little cutie?” A large woman in a bright green gown comes over to us and hugs Markus. She then takes my hands and I look into her smiling blue eyes. “How are you dear? What was your name again?”

     My weak smile widens. “I'm Mim and I'm doing very well, thanks.”

     “Oh! She is too cute!” The woman wraps me in a bear hug and kisses both cheeks. She set me down and beams. “I am so glad you are with us today! Markus never brought you to see us, but I know why!” She glares at the couples near by. “Wait? You look like a snake has been dropped in next to you! We are all family hear! Leave the poor girl alone!” The other couples stop scowling.

     “Why do they listen to you?” I am amazed that they all seem more pleasant and the air in the room gets lighter. I look around as if seeing the ballroom for the first time.

     “All they needed was for one of their own to admit they like you,” says the Dragon who follows the Unicorn over. He is dressed like Markus, only his shirt is green. His gray hair is short and his green eyes sparkle. “Have you told the lass who you are yet, honey?”

     “Oh! That's what I was forgetting!” She smiles and pats her gray haired head. “My memory isn't what it used to be. Comes with being over eighty years old! I'm Markus' grandmum, Alicea, and this is Markus' grandda and my mate, Charles.”

     Alicea and Charles are very sweet and they make sure that everyone present meets me. Only three other couples are Royals, the rest are just mated pairs. The last of the six Royal couples, Markus' other grandparents, aren't here. After the introductions, the music picks up and the dancing starts.

     I notice that, during the dancing, the other pairs switch dancing partners with each other, but Markus and I never get separated. It must be a rule of newly bonded pairs.

     Around midnight, when the party is starting to die down, I feel something rub against my senses, like sandpaper rubbing on your neck. I start shaking uncontrollable and I think I cry out in surprise. The others look at me, concerned.

     I have felt this before. I know what this feeling means.

     “Dark Ones.”



© 2008 Burr the Story Sorceress


Author's Note

Burr the Story Sorceress
Bum-bum-bum! What could happen? Hope you liked it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

uh oh.... I smell trouble

Posted 15 Years Ago


ohmigosh! it was all fine and dandy until she got that weird feeling! i want to know what happens!!
-Brie
P.S. going GREAT!

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 4, 2008


Author

Burr the Story Sorceress
Burr the Story Sorceress

A Really Cold Place, OH



About
I am a kinda loud person who is very blunt. I tend to talk before I think. I go with the flow, most of the time. When I get excited, my stutter comes back with a vengence. I do the best I can and that.. more..

Writing