Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Burr the Story Sorceress

        It is five minutes left of school to go. Markus is sitting next to me, as he has been all day. I look at him for what feels like the hundredth time. He is tall, with dark hair that goes a little past his shoulders. His skin is a golden color and he is leanly muscled, but undoubtedly strong. His eyes are a crystal blue and they have a smile in them when he looks at me. As if sensing my study, his head turns and he smiles at me. My heart does a funny little flip and I look away, blushing. 

        A loud bell sounds and signals the end of the school day. The other students rush to leave the room. I take my time to gather my things in my bag. 

        “What is the plan for this afternoon?” Markus asks as he stands up. “Are you going to show me around the city?” 

        “We are going to my house,” I tell him. “I meditate every afternoon for an hour or so. I'm sure Vik and Syree will be able to occupy you while I'm busy.” 

        Markus takes my now full bag and my hand to help me out of my desk. That strangle tingle runs up my arm and down my back. The Four mutter like worried hens again. I try to pull away, but he tightens his hold. It does hurt, but that tingle is very unnerving. 

        “Let go of my hand or I will make you,” I say, meeting his eyes, making sure he understands me. “I am not one of the Royal Unicorns who except to be waited on hand and foot. I prefer and am quite able to take care of myself. You can carry my bag if you must, but let me go.” 

        Surprise fells his eyes as he lets go. “Sorry. I'm was raised by my grandmothers. They needed help out of their seats. I keep forgetting that most women don't like being treated like they're old ladies.” He lets my hand go and backs up. “I will carry your bag, though.” 

        I nod and lead him outside. 

 

 

 

 

 

        Markus walks next to Mimerain down the busy street, her silver bike between them. The two are quite and he is thinking. It isn't like him to want to touch others. He, like all other light users, could see into a person's soul when they touched them. Most souls now a days were tainted by darkness, so Markus had decided a long while ago to avoid touching other people. But here he is, wanting nothing more than to touch Mimerain and let the pureness of her soul wash over him. If he didn't know any better, he'd say she was a Royal Unicorn like his grandmothers. 

        “Mimerain, do you have a familiar?” he asks. 

        “What? Sorry, I was thinking. What did you say?” She looks at him with a little smile. 

        “Do you have a familiar, Mimerain?” 

        “No.” Her hand goes to the black onyx crystal around her neck. For the first time today, he notices the symbol in it. The Mark of the Balance, the sign of the Four Great Powers controlled by the Queen of Adepts. It is now the seal of the Adept Council. “I'm special. I don't flow with just one of them, but all four. It only happens every few generations and those kids don't become adepts.” 

        “I'm sorry.” Markus puts his hand on her shoulder. The warm tingling washed over him again. It is so strange to find a soul as pure as Mimerain's. 

        “Mim,” she says quickly as she pulls away, a faint blush on her checks. “You can call me Mim.” 

        “Alright, I will.” He smiles as he meets her eyes. The blush on her checks deepens. He couldn't resist. Markus leans over the bike and kisses her forehead. 

        A shock runs through him and his hears her gasp. Suddenly, Markus knows why he is so attracted to this silver haired girl. She is his unicorn. 

        “Mimerain,” a voice calls. 

        Mim jumps away from him and looks over to the house the pair where standing in front of. A tall, tan man was standing on the porch, a jade green python wraped around his shoulders. His hair is dark brown and he is a strong looking man. 

        “Would you like to introduce me to your new friend, Mimerain?” he asks. 

        “Yes, Vik,” she says meekly. “I need to put my bike up. Markus, go on in, I'll be right there.”

        She takes the bike to the double garage. 

        Markus walks up the path and follows Mim's older brother inside.



© 2008 Burr the Story Sorceress


Author's Note

Burr the Story Sorceress
Enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

His unicorn how sweet. Awwwwwww. lol.

Posted 14 Years Ago


ooooooo! How romantic! so sweet! the perfect couple!
-Brie

Posted 16 Years Ago


nice... romantic and very enjoyable!
moving on!

Posted 16 Years Ago


good work :) i think a love tale is coming up in this story :)

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 23, 2008
Last Updated on August 7, 2008


Author

Burr the Story Sorceress
Burr the Story Sorceress

A Really Cold Place, OH



About
I am a kinda loud person who is very blunt. I tend to talk before I think. I go with the flow, most of the time. When I get excited, my stutter comes back with a vengence. I do the best I can and that.. more..

Writing