Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Burr the Story Sorceress

        The three children played in the field of flowers. The two girls were wearing white sun dresses and their silver hair was done up with white ribbons, one in a pony tail, one in pig tails. Their feet were bare. The boy had dark hair that was cut short and wore black breeches and a white tunic. They were inventing a patty cake game together when the girl with a pony tail noticed another boy in the field. 

        The strange boy had black hair, too, but he wore all black and had long hair. He stood a ways away from the others, looking shy and uncertain. The girl with the pony tail looked at the other girl,as if asking permission. The girl with pig tails nodded and the other girl ran up to the stranger. She smiled and held her hand out to him. He took it.

 

* * *         

 

         The Friday of the week he met Mim, Markus is waiting in her living room for Mim to finish meditating. He is sitting on the sofa doing his math homework when Vik walks in with two cans of soda. 

        “Hello, Markus,” Vik says with a smile. Vik had warmed up to him considerable in the last few days. “Thought you would like a soda.” 

        “Thanks,” Markus says as he takes the can. “How are you?” 

        “I'm good.” Vik sits next to Markus. “I have a question for you.” 

        “Okay, what is it?” 

        “Mim's birthday was Monday,” Vik begins. Markus looks startled. She hadn't said anything about her birthday. “The Council is going to have a surprise party for her tomorrow. I was wondering if you would like to come?” 

        Markus looks at the older man. “Can you do that? Invite a Dragon to a special event?” 

        “I am the Council Leader. They voted me into office. They respect my judgment.” Vik winks at him. “Plus, everyone is fond of Mim. Someone special to her is excepted by the lot of the nobles. Mim is an excellent judge of character as well.” 

        Markus smiles. “When and where?”

 

* * *         

        Markus and Vik stand together near a table piled high with presents. Mim is no where in sight. 

        “Wasn't Mim coming with you?” Markus asks, a little worried. 

        “She was,” Vik smiles at his companion. “When I left she was in the bathroom fretting over her hair. If we are lucky, she'll be here before dawn. I didn't wanna leave you here alone to fend off the sharks. Not everyone here knows who you are.” 

        Markus's eyebrows pull together in a frown. “That is strange. I met a girl the other night and she new all about it.” 

        “Who?” 

        “An Air Adept named-” 

        “Syree! Where are you going!” Vik starts off after his familiar. “I'm sorry. I'll be right back. Syree!” He disappears into a cluster of Adepts. 

        Markus stands there, waiting for Vik to come back or Mim to arrive. While scanning the crowd for signs of either, he sees a red haired girl trying to catch his eye. She strides over to him, her hips swaying with each step. Her black kimono is covered in red and orange designs and is loosely held up by her shoulders. Her skin is a golden tan and her eyes are a strange yellow. In each had she held a large golden fan. The fan in her right hand is closed,the one in her left is open and covering her throat and most of her torso. 

        “Hello,” she says in a purring voice when she reaches him. She tips her head back a bit to look in his eyes. “You must be Mim's little pet.” 

        “You know Mim?” he asks. “Do you know a Wina, too?” 

        “Yes, I know them both.” Her eyes shamelessly run down,then back up his body. “You seem too cute to know the likes of them. My name is Feu.” 

        Markus feels the stares of the other Adepts on them. Feu must have, too, because she opens the fan in her right hand and flaps it toward a group of Adepts standing near by. Fire shots out of the fan at them. They jump back and the others get the hint and go about their business. 

        “Anyway,” the Fire Adept says as she moves in closer. “Why don't we go find a nice, secluded spare room.” She runs the fingers of her right hand over his chest. The fan in her left hand flutters to show off her cleavage. He catches a look at a red paw print under the hallow of her throat. 

        Markus takes a large step back. “Miss Feu, I don't think you understand. Mim is my mate, I can't betray her nor would I want to. There are plenty of young men here who would love your company.” Markus spots Vik across the room near the door. “If you will excuse me, I must go.” 

        Markus turns his back on her and heads to the door.

 

* * *         

         Feu watches Markus walk away in a huff. She has obviously made him angry. That was a Good sign. She turns and heads toward the girl's bathroom. 

        “FEU! This is not COOL!! You Four are in a s**t load of trouble!!” Mim raves as Wina, Aqura and Lyrena restraint her. “I will beat you all black and blue!!” 

        “Calm down,” Feu tells her. “We are doing this for your own good.” Feu enters a stall and lets Mim have her body back.



© 2008 Burr the Story Sorceress


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

More tests! I'm loving this story!
-Brie

Posted 16 Years Ago


Wow, I really like this a lot, I can't wait to see what happens next. It moves a bit faster than I would like, but I think I am liking it that way. It reads like a manga.

Posted 16 Years Ago


i have enjoyed this very much!
i like it!
nicely done!
and i cant wait... when is the next chapter?

Posted 16 Years Ago


O.o i wonder what will happen to Mim next ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? omg lol good write


-Aaron

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 8, 2008
Last Updated on March 18, 2008


Author

Burr the Story Sorceress
Burr the Story Sorceress

A Really Cold Place, OH



About
I am a kinda loud person who is very blunt. I tend to talk before I think. I go with the flow, most of the time. When I get excited, my stutter comes back with a vengence. I do the best I can and that.. more..

Writing