Chapter 25

Chapter 25

A Chapter by Burr the Story Sorceress

Markus and I walk down the street after school Monday holding hands and chatting with our only other friend at Acemir Academy, Tyler. He is a happy-go-lucky and charming Palmen who happens to be the only son of the president of Kincurr. He is a junior and the only Palmen currently attending the prestigious high school.

 

“So, Mim,” Tyler says excitedly, walking backwards in front of us, “I hear your cousin, the Mymir Empress, is pregnant!”

 

I laugh and smile. “She is. Her first kid, too. Vik and I are going to go visit her this summer and she wants to have the baby here, on Kincurr.”

 

“Why would she want to have her baby here?” Markus asks. His blue eyes filled with curiosity as they are whenever he learns something new about my life. “And I didn't know you were related to the Imperial family.”

 

“I'm not related to the Imperial family, just the Emperor's wife. Linda is my mother's great aunt's granddaughter. She is the only other family Vik and I have. We used to be a powerful family, always close to the Balance, but the Dragons have picked us all off. No offense.” I look away as the sadness that always comes when I think about m family's history.

 

“None taken, honey.” Markus kisses me hand trying to cheer me up. “So, why does Cousin Linda want to have her baby on Kincurr instead of in the Empire?”

 

“It is a family tradition,” I explain. “She wants her baby to be born in our house, to be exact. She was born in the house and so were Vik and I. The house is special and has been in our family since it was created.”

 

“That sounds like a tradition my family has,” Tyler comments. “Every time a kid in my family turns five they go to the Northside Bay for an all-day party and everyone who can come is invited.”

 

“When a Royal Pair completes their bond all the Light Users gather to honor them.” Markus wraps an arm around my shoulders and kisses my cheek. “When we are true bonded my grandparents have promised to throw the biggest party since the Treaty was signed.”

 

I groan as the boys laugh. We continue walking and talking for a few more blocks. Our progress is interrupted by a loud, shriek that pierced the air like knives.

 

I look up at the sky as a two large snakes fly on metal wings over head. One of the snakes was a gold that would rival the color of the most expensive gold chain with a white underbelly. The other and smaller one was black as ink with a rose red belly. A small figure could just barely be seen on the smaller creature's back.

 

I squeak in excitement and run as fast as I dear down the street.

 

“Mim!” Markus calls after me as he fallows. “What is it?”

 

“It's Uncle Edward!” I laugh as I hurry home.



© 2009 Burr the Story Sorceress


Author's Note

Burr the Story Sorceress
Yeah, I'm updating. Yeah, it is kinda short. I'm being lazy. Plus, Edward gets his own chapter!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
Added on June 20, 2009


Author

Burr the Story Sorceress
Burr the Story Sorceress

A Really Cold Place, OH



About
I am a kinda loud person who is very blunt. I tend to talk before I think. I go with the flow, most of the time. When I get excited, my stutter comes back with a vengence. I do the best I can and that.. more..

Writing