Chapter 17

Chapter 17

A Chapter by Burr the Story Sorceress

     Markus flew as fast as he could to the room were Mim slept. He had sensed the serge of power from her at the beginning of the fight and he felt her slip into unconsciousness. He would have left then,but the Dragons were terribly out numbered and they needed him to defend their Unicorns.

     Not long after Mim was asleep, strange creatures had appeared on the battlefield. Golden tanned men covered in fur attacked from the ground with waves of fire. Lightly tanned harpies flew with yellow wings and attacked from above with razor sharp knives made of air. Black skinned half snake men created shields of solid rock to block attacks. Pale mermaids swam through the air healing the hurt and freezing enemies.

     He lands on the window sill and the harpy settled there moves inside. The Unicorns, all except his grandmom and Mim, had left the room to meet their mates in the rooms given them. All pairs have rooms in the homes of Royal Pairs. Markus is at her side instantly, checking her vitals to make sure she is alive.

     “I'm too old for flying,” Charles grumbles as he comes in the window. He slips and the harpy catches him with her wings.

     “Careful, Grandfather.” She smiled kindly. She nods her head toward the mermaid near Markus. “Kielala can sooth your joints if you wish.”

     “Between my lovely Alicea and a Water Elemental I will be ache-free in no time.” He sits in a nearby chair and Alicea perches on his lap and hugs him tightly.

     Markus leans closer to his own mate, willing her to open her eyes. A pale hand touches the back of one of his own. He looks up and meets the eyes of the mermaid the harpy had called Kielala.

     “She must rest, Lord Markus,” she says in a quiet voice. “She is perfectly fine, but summoning so many of us at once takes a tole on even Lady Mimerain. She'll sleep another four hours.”

     “Thank you, Kielala.” He looks around and spots the collection of Elementals lounging in the room. They chat in a language he doesn't know. Four of them, one of each, were closer to the Light Users. “Why are you still here? Don't you have your own plain to get back to?”

     “The door we used is closed,” says the deep voiced Fire Elemental who stood apart from the others. “You got to open it again.”

     “Markus can't summon Elementals!” Alicea gasps.

     “He is Lady Mim's mate,” reminds the harpy.

     “He can not summon us, but he can open a door between our plains,” says the snake Elemental.

     “And how am I to do that?” Markus asks, curious. Kielala places a bowl full of water not far from him.

     “Wish to open a door, make a cut in your hand and let the blood drip into the water. Mim's blood is already here, it just needs rejuvenating.” She hands him a knife. “Make sure you wish is a strong one.”

     Markus nods. The sooner they are gone, the sooner he can be alone with his mate. He does as he is told as is amazed when it works. The other Elementals leave first, the four that seem to be the be of higher rank then the others turn to him and bow low. Kielala pulls a multicolored crystal out of her hair and hands it to him.

     “We are the First Commanders of the Four,” the mermaid says as she hands him the crystal. “If you ever have need of us, drop some of your blood on the crystal and we will come. Take care of Lady Mim, Lord Markus.” The four commanders go through the door to their home.

     His mind back on his mate, he pockets the crystal and gathers Mim in his arms. He takes her to his room and settles her in his bed. After taking off his shirt he lays next to her. He holds her close, never wanting to feel the anxiety and worry that comes with being attacked. It had taken all his control to not leave the front and stay by her side.

     She is a surprise after surprise. Unlike the other Unicorns who quietly waited anxiously for their mate's return, Mim had wanted to fight by his side to help protect the others. It may be the Adept upbringing.

     After a few minutes he drifts off to sleep and dreams of a meadow covered in flowers.



© 2008 Burr the Story Sorceress


Author's Note

Burr the Story Sorceress
Enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A world that needs their queen is a world that i love :) very good chapters, it took me a while but they were excellent :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


brilliant! i love this part! i like how you describe the elementals and what they do. its very imaginative and creative!
-Brie

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

378 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 10, 2008


Author

Burr the Story Sorceress
Burr the Story Sorceress

A Really Cold Place, OH



About
I am a kinda loud person who is very blunt. I tend to talk before I think. I go with the flow, most of the time. When I get excited, my stutter comes back with a vengence. I do the best I can and that.. more..

Writing