Chapter 27

Chapter 27

A Chapter by Burr the Story Sorceress

The next three days at school are a buzz with excitement. Every student knows about the long awaited Senior Night at the most famous club on Kincur. All of the younger students burn with envy because none of them would be allowed into the party. A large group of juniors are rumored to be planing a way to sneak in.

One junior isn't desperate or depressed about the up coming event. Tyler seems immune to the excitement. He continues as he did before, hanging out with Markus and I, not bothering with the hype the rest of the school is addicted to.

On Friday, the day before the party, I bring up the topic while we are eating lunch outside under the oak tree in Acemir's courtyard.

“Yeah, the special at 'Sin and Die' is tomorrow night,” I say. “Sin called last night and we have the VIP section reserved.”

“Isn't that a bit extreme?” Markus asks.

I laugh. “No, we're the guests of honor. Nothing is extreme.”

“Guests of honor?” a sneering voice remarked. “At what? An Adept picnic?”

The three of us turn to see Mary and her flock of drones standing behind us. Around her neck was a red card with the 'Sin and Die' logo. It was a pass to allow her entrance into all events in the up coming season. Several of her followers also had them.

I can't help myself. The opportunity to make Mary look ridiculous was too sweet to pass up. “We are the guests of honors at the first Senior Student Night. Sinara and Diac are old friends of my family.” I pull out three red ID cards. “Darkin, Sinara's blood father, gave me these yesterday after school. One for each of us.”

Mary's eyes widened. “Those are exclusive, permanent VIP passes. They don't sell those.”

“Yup.” I hand a card to Tyler. “Hope you didn't make plans for tomorrow night, Ty.”

“What?” Tyler looked confused. “But I'm not old enough. My dad would never let me go.”

“Sure he will. Edward will be there, along with Dark and Clair. You're father will trust you in their care.”

“Do you mean the Edward Sunrise, the dersonus heir, will be there?” Mary says, her eyes glinting.

“He will.” My eyes narrow. “He'll be in the VIP section. I wouldn't try anything. Dark's little sister Ivy has her eye on Edward and she is very possessive. She arrived yesterday.”

Mary sneers again. “More vampires? That's just what the world needs. More murderous, blood sucking leaches coming out of the woodwork. Next thing we know we'll be finding bodies in the streets dry as a bone.”

“Mary Leanna Drasin!” a sharp voice yells. We all turn to see a group of adults standing not far from us. Mr Woolen stands with Mr. Drasin, the president of Acemir's Board of Directors. Ivy, Dark's small, slim sister with knee-length wavy black hair and jade green eyes, turning pale with fury. With her is another girl who is tall and willowy with short, spiky brown hair and dark blue eyes. Mr. Drasin's face is furious as he glares at his daughter. Ivy's eyes spark and the girl is paler than she should have been.

“Winnie, dear, don't listen to her,” Ivy says as she warps an arm around the girl's waist. “Some humans have no tolerance. I have heard some wonderful things about that Tyler, though, from Edward.”

An angry Mr. Drasin leads his daughter away by the arm while Mr. Woolen makes the other students gathered go about their business. Ivy and her blood daughter, Winnifred, join Markus, Tyler and I until we have to go back to class.



© 2010 Burr the Story Sorceress


Author's Note

Burr the Story Sorceress
Don't you love it when jerks put their own feet in their mouths? I do!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Keep writing this, you take too long!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Not that long which is depressing and it was a tad confusing I thought but other than that good. It's nice that you are actually writing again jerk just kidding love ya

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 3, 2010
Last Updated on May 3, 2010


Author

Burr the Story Sorceress
Burr the Story Sorceress

A Really Cold Place, OH



About
I am a kinda loud person who is very blunt. I tend to talk before I think. I go with the flow, most of the time. When I get excited, my stutter comes back with a vengence. I do the best I can and that.. more..

Writing