Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Burr the Story Sorceress

        “We are truly grateful that you have decided to attended Acemir Academy. I am Mr. James Woolen and I am the principle of this school.” Mr. Woolen is a short, round man with brown hair and eyes. The large round desk he is sitting behind makes him look even shorter and rounder. 

        “It is my pleasure, Mr. Woolen,” Markus says politely. Mr. Woolen has a good vibe about him and Markus likes him for that. “Many of the greatest families in our society have their children going to your school. I am glad you decided to let me come, too.” 

        “It is our pleasure, Mr. Lightone. It isn't every day we have such an important person enrolling in our school.” the principle says with a smile. “In fact, I believe Miss Mimerain Greappson is the only other royalty we have attending our school at this time.” 

        “Hmm. That name seems familiar.” Markus remarks. This was the perfect chance to find out more about the strange silver haired girl. 

        “Oh, yes. Mim is the younger sister of Vikirnoff Greappson, the Adept Council leader. She is one of our best students.” Mr. Woolen smiles as if he is talking about his own daughter. “She is by far this schools pride and-” 

        He is interrupted when the phone on his desk beeps. He looks at Markus, who nods. Mr. Woolen picks up the receiver and says, “Beth, I asked you to hold all my calls. Oh, no, not again. Did she actually break Mary's nose? She did?” He looks at Markus again. Covering the end of the phone, he asks, “Would you mind cutting our chat short, Mr. Lightone?” 

        “It is no problem,” Markus reasures him. “I need to go to class soon anyway.” 

        The principle nods and smiles at him. “Okay, Beth, I'll send for her in a minute.” He hangs up the phone. “I hope your first day goes well. Do you think you need a guide? Miss Mimerain is in the main office if you would like her to show you around?” 

        Markus can not help the smile that takes over his face. It is perfect. Absolutely perfect. “I would like that very much, Mr. Woolen.” 

        “Then it is settled. If you would just wait out in the main office for a minute, I need to have a word with her first.” 

        Markus nods. Rising from his seat in one of the large, fluffy armchairs, he heads in the front office.

 

 

 

 

        I am pacing in front of the secretary's desk in the front office,trying to explain to the vice principle that Mary had, in fact, hit me first. I am so involved in my speech that I don't notice a tall, dark haired young man enter and wave the vice principle and the secretary any. I don't notice, I just keep ranting. 

        “I can't believe there is such racism in this of all schools. Adepts have done nothing wrong, and yet the Unicorns and Dragons continue to hate us. The Treaty has been in place for more than a hundred years, but the persecution and quiet attacks on Adepts has not stopped. It is an outrage that, even in an institution of such standing as this one, still harbors the racism and hatreds of our predecessors.” I stop to take a breath to continue. 

        “Are you just coming up with this or did you plan it out on your way here?” 

        My head snaps up and my eyes meet the new dragon's eyes. Before I can stop myself, I say, “I'm making it up as I go.” 

        'I was right!' Wina says, excited. 'He is cute and he likes you, Mim!' 

        'Don't start, any of you,' I snap at them. To the dragon, I say, “You're the new kid, right? I'm Mim.”

         “I'm Markus.” He takes my hand off the desk I set it on, bends over it and kisses it. A shock runs up my arm and I can hear the Four mutter quietly. I try to pull my hand back, but I can't break his hold on it. “Mr. Woolen wants to speak with you,by the way.” He smiles. “Did you really break Mary's nose?” 

        I nod. “She smacked me first. It was a reflex.” 

        “Mim, come in here, please,” Mr. Woolen calls. 

        Markus releases my hand and leans in close, until his face is right next to mine. My heartbeat doubles and I can't move.

        “I'll be waiting here for you,” he whispers in my ear. 

        I panic and pull away from him. Running into the other office, I try to push the strange tingling feeling out of my mind and ignore the worried muttering of the Four.



© 2008 Burr the Story Sorceress


Author's Note

Burr the Story Sorceress
Enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful! I love the end part, so sweet! And with the royalty thing, it gets even better.
-Brie

Posted 16 Years Ago


amazingly beautiful and cute!
my god... its really nice!
i like it, i like it, i like it!

i cant wait for the next chapter!

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

311 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 16, 2008
Last Updated on August 7, 2008


Author

Burr the Story Sorceress
Burr the Story Sorceress

A Really Cold Place, OH



About
I am a kinda loud person who is very blunt. I tend to talk before I think. I go with the flow, most of the time. When I get excited, my stutter comes back with a vengence. I do the best I can and that.. more..

Writing