Chapter 2: School Day

Chapter 2: School Day

A Chapter by Jack Rock
"

Jack finally arrives, what will happen next?

"

            My First priorities are to locate the MC, fortunately this is the easy part, pulling out my phone, I use an app called the “MC Locator” It displayed a detailed map and a flashing dot to where MC is. Looks like there too far away right now, but they should come to me instead. I should be the area their coming to anyway. Alright then all I need to do is prepare for the mission. Still looking at my map I look for where Alpha high school is, turns out it was a couple block away.

            I need to get myself familiar with this world, I don’t even know where I am, when I am or even what does this world offer. I made a quick detour to the convenient store to find any clues to this mystery. Looking around seems to have words that are in English and products you mostly find in America. I found a newspaper and read the date; September 13, 2019, so its modern America then, kind of weird that a light novel is set in America, most would go for Japan, whatever, I guess. I can’t be a judge for how it works. When I was buying a food and drink, my wallet produced American money to the exact amount I needed.

            The time was 7:31 am. I broke into the school, using my ability to phase through walls and made myself a student here at Alpha High School. I already made a change to my appearance to wear the school uniform. I got blue sneakers and a polo shirt with the school logo on it, boys were permitted to wear a jacket, so I kept my red jacket on. I bought a backpack and filled with books and supplies ready to blend into the school with all the other students. I also made sure I take the same class that Emily is taking to make my life easier. It should be weird that I suddenly show up out of the blue and fit right in, but its not, I have an ability where people think I been with then for a while, knowing my name and everything. Even thinking of sharing experiences with me, its kind of scary to do that, but its all for the sake for the mission.

            Heading for my classroom, I even got myself into the student council just in case. I can just a dummy me there and no one will notice. Of course, doing all this takes a lot of energy out of me so I need to preserve and delicate what I can do. Entering the classroom, I took the corner seat at the end of the classroom, it the best place to get noticed the least. No one bats an eye on me, works like a charm. The school bells rings and the teacher walks through the door.

 “Alright class, before we start, I would like to introduce a new transfer student to the class.” The door opens, and footsteps can be heard. A girl with silver hair with purple eyes stood in front of the class wile the teacher writes her name on the board. The chalked can be hear being put down while everyone stare in awe. “My name is Emily Flores, please treat me well.”, she said as she bows her head. The classroom erupts and welcomes Emily with open arms. I sat there quietly already anticipated her arrival to this class. “Settle down class, let’s see if we can find you a seat Emily.” The teacher surveys the class and finds a seat to the opposite side of the class of me. “There’s your seat there right next to Lilly” Emily turns toward the teacher, “Thank you Ms. Charlotte.” I look over to see a pink-hair girl, that looks like a middle school student and an empty seat next to her. Alright, with this set-up perfectly nothing can go wrong with it.

            The bell ranged and class was over, I started to pack my stuff for the day. I took a glance at Emily, who seems to have a conservation going with Lilly, seems like there getting along.  Think I just found a new side character, better keep a mental note of her. I better head to the student council, I need to keep my disguise in check. Walking past the two girls, I heard Lilly mention joining the student council to Emily, well looks like my intuition paid off. Let’s see how this plays off.

            I pretended to work on stuff while sitting in a seat in the student council just so it seems like I’m busy, but really, all I’m here for is what Emily does next. Lilly and Emily entered the room,” Emily, there is an empty seat next to where I seat, come” Lilly takes Emily by the hand and directs her towards the two empty seats opposite of me. “Wow Lilly, you made a new friend, what did you bride her with this time?” A blonde girl with shiny blue eyes said that to Lilly, giving off a laugh to her. Lilly became irritated, “I’m trying to help a new student, so could you not start rumors Ashely?” Ashely looks at the new girl with curiosity and Emily did the same thing. “Then pardon my intrusion, I would like to welcome you to Alpha High School. My name is Ashely, and I am the prettiest girl in school.” Those are some bold claims to make, lets see how the MC responses, “Hello, my name is Emily, please to meet you,”

            The students now scramble to find seat as the president and vice president now entered the room.  If I remember correctly from the list, the president is name Rosco, and the Vice-president is Nicole. Rosco has glasses on with dark hair and Nicole has black hair and green eyes. The meeting was about the next assembly that’s coming up discussing the games and events that will take place. During that Meeting, I started to notice that Emily has been taking glances at me. Every time I take a glance at her, she turns her head away from me, maybe I got something on my face distracting her.

            The meeting ended and the student council was dismissed. Throughout the whole meeting, it seems like Emily, Lilly, and Ashely were able to get along with each other, well Lilly and Ashely still hate each other’s guts, but their able to get along with Emily there as well. Packing up my stuff, I’m coming up with a plan to make sure I can se her after school as well, but I won’t complain that this is one of high school drama stories, defiantly easy to do. As I was about to leave the door, Emily called out, “Please wait a second.” I turned around to see what going on, Emily look straight at me. I can see her eyes, and she can see mine.

            Lilly comes running towards us and made a greeting for me, “Emily, this is Jack, he tried to run for student treasury, but lost to Edward.” Thank you, Lilly, for giving me cover to work around. “You know Lilly, you don’t need to remind me that I lost every single time.” I need to lie in order to survive as background character or else people will get suspicious. I turned over to Emily, “Is there something you need to ask me?” Emily looks puzzled at me, like she’s trying to read me before giving up, “No, never mind, sorry to bother you,” Emily walks out the door and Lilly followed her. Lilly is a good friend to have, I’m almost jealous. But I am nothing more than someone in the distance, watching someone else’s life unfold.




© 2019 Jack Rock


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on January 9, 2019
Last Updated on January 18, 2019


Author

Jack Rock
Jack Rock

About
I'm going to dump all my ideas down, its up to you if you like it or not, Don't expect to much from me. more..

Writing