Chapter 14: Invitation

Chapter 14: Invitation

A Chapter by Jack Rock
"

Jack met the strangers, and he made a deal?

"

             Near the school, I stood in the sidewalk with three strangers in front of me, all wearing similar ominous clothing, covering their faces with the hoods that overshadow their eyes. They came to me, claiming that I got no escape. “So, who are you guys anyway?” The three laughed at my question, one of them said, “Surely you must have heard of us by now by those goody-two shoes heroes.”


“Then you’re the Kumanjies I was told very little about?” The guy giggled, he was just oozing with confidence, “Then what do you want with me?” I asked them. Another one answered, “We heard you were powerful with no affiliation, we would like to send you an invitation to join us.” The three got closer to me to make sure I was surrounded. “And what if I refused?” Their clothes start to levitate off their bodies, preparing to fight, another one spoke, “Then we will happily change your mind to join us.” They’re all prepared to face whatever I throw at them. “If you want me to join you, your going to have to catch me first.” I tighten my hands inside my jacket pocket, and jerked slightly forward, the three took steps backs, opening space between us.


One conjured green hands out of his own, they almost look ghostly and grew several times bigger. The hands lunged forwards and both came together at me making a big clap sound. Fortunately, I already active my phaser ability, and simply  walked out of the hands. The guy was surprise at what I did. Another one spawned several see-through walls of light and placed in a cube, with me in the middle, normally, this might trap someone, but not me. As I walked out head first, the other guy was also surprise. The third guy placed a jar on the floor, facing towards me, the other two stepped back. The jar starts gushing large amount of wind to be sucked inside it. I was being pulled into the jar. I force myself to get back, trying my hardest, but the winds were very strong, and I wasn’t.


I was meet with a room, the walls inside it were wooden with a window, showing off a scenery outside it. A fireplace keeping this place warm, with a lounging chair next to it. A fridge was also here, I peeked inside it, and found loads of food, the stove and microwave were in arms reach of the fridge. I grabbed a can of soda and took a sip of it; the taste was great. I closed a fridge and sat myself in the bed. I put my soda on the nightstand and laid in bed, the bed was comfy, this whole room was cozy. I don’t mind getting captured anymore, this place is too good to leave. I got myself a big meal, an entire feast to myself, and took a nap in the bed.


I woke up to some shaking in the room. I quickly got off the bed, what the hell is going on? The door in the room opens and wind starts gushing towards the door. I was getting sucked in again. I held on to the bed leg, “I don’t want to leave this place, please let me stay here.” I lost my grip and got pulled to the door. I hit the floor hard, the next thing I see is the jar in front of me, with the guy looking down at me. I quickly got hold of myself and got on my knees in front of him, “Please let me stay in there, keep me inside the jar. Do whatever you want with me, just keep me inside the jar.” The guy was confused, “Really, you want to stay inside?” This guy does not know what exactly he is holding. “That jar holds one of the comfiest rooms in the…” A punch to the back of my head interrupted me. I hit my face to the cold floor. I turned around to face two men and a woman, one of them with heavy uniform has his fist in the air and told me” Shut up runt, mind your manners to the boss.” He postures himself to stand beside the lady in-between the two guards, she was in a dress suit, giving me a cold eye. Her hair was blue with red eyes, her legs are crossed in a displeased fashion. “Are you Jack?”


Her voice can shake men in their boots. I crossed my legs to sit on the floor, “Yes, I’m Jack.” She got up to examine me, “You disappoint me, greatly.” I don’t know what to say. She continued on, “When I heard that those heroes got an alien in their base and that it was powerful, I got my hopes up, thinking I finally got myself a challenge. Here you are and my disappoint is immeasurable, you don’t look even powerful, your pathetic. That’s what you are.” She got closer to me, her face was next to mine,” I bet you’re not even an alien, just some trash claiming to be something he’s not.” I gave her a smile and got up from the floor, “Whelp, if I’m not worthy of you, I might as well leave. I got other things to do, so if you will excuse me, I’ll be going now.”


I waved my goodbyes to her, the two bodyguards stand in front of the door, blocking my way out. “As much as I want you to leave, you made a promise to my invitation.” I stood frozen in place. She looked up and said, “Was it again, if you catch me, I’ll join you?” Me and my big stupid mouth. I turned to her giving me a smug face, “I did.. say something like that.” She got her mouth to my ear, “Besides, you didn’t fail me completely, you were able to not be affect by the two other powers thrown at you. I want to test how far that can go.” Her two guards grabbed my arms and pulled me away to whatever I’m going to, she was waving goodbye to me. Another mess I got myself involved in.




© 2019 Jack Rock


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on March 17, 2019
Last Updated on March 17, 2019


Author

Jack Rock
Jack Rock

About
I'm going to dump all my ideas down, its up to you if you like it or not, Don't expect to much from me. more..

Writing