Chapter 23: The Orphans

Chapter 23: The Orphans

A Chapter by Jack Rock
"

Ben reveals there are others in his situation, Cacyie felt bad and let Ben bring the others over to her home.

"

              “Abandoned children?” Cacyie said, she didn’t even consider that happening in the town. Everyone she knew before weren’t abandoned.

“Yes”, Ben confirms, “If you will excuse me, I got to get back.” Before he heads out the door, Cacyie stopped him from going, “Wait.” She didn’t want to be alone again, not after Jack helped her so much this far, then an idea pops into her head. “Why don’t you bring everyone here instead?” Ben was shock of her offer, it really made him happy to hear it, “Ar- are you sure?” She nodded, “We got plenty of room to spare, and I’m sure Jack wouldn’t mind having more guest here” He runs to grab her hand, and shakes it violently, “Thank you so much for the hospitality, you don’t how much we all appreciate it, thank you, thank you, thank you.” Ben was talking so fast she can hardly keep up what he was saying, but she was happy to offer help.

               “Alright, I’ll bring the others.” He said as he forces the door open, running off into the night. Cacyie couldn’t hold the dishes any longer, putting them on the nearest table, preventing them to fall on the floor. She sits back down and breathe a sigh of relief as none of the dishes are harmed. She turned toward the door that was left ajar, wondering and worrying about Jack. She got up to close the door properly, reorganizes the dirty plates to carry and set off to clean and put them away.

               She wasn’t as good as Jack when it comes to cleaning, the best she can do was sub-par, she wants to improve, to not be a hinderance to Jack anymore; it bothered her so much that he just left her. She wasn’t good enough to come along, she got lost on the way and must get help with that too. She wants to repay him back, for all the kindness he did for her. But she just sat back while Jack did everything, she did nothing for him. The anger and frustration she felt in the moment translated to the dish she was cleaning, it cracked, it woke her up from her delusions, as she saw the result of her infighting, she made a determined answer. I want to become independent, and repay his kindness, with hers; she said to herself.

               She puts away the dishes, except for the one she cracked, she let it lay there on the counter, there was a knock on the door, she runs over to open it, Ben was the first to appear from the darkness, “I’m back and I brought everyone else with me.”

He shows off three others behind him. One steps forward, tall, blue hair and eyes like Ben, she gives a slight wave to Cacyie, she bends down to her eye level, “Are you Cacyie?” She looks 16, but Cacyie can’t tell for sure.

“Yes”

The young woman looks at Ben with a kind smile, “So this is the girl you been preaching about the entire trip here?” Ben was flattered about it, “It’s not like that Angela.” He turns his eyes away from the group, embarrassed. She giggles at the sight of his red cheeks glowing on his face. “My name is Angela, its nice to meet you Cacyie.”

“It’s good to meet you as well, come on in please.” Cacyie showed the way with her arms pointing where to go. Ben was the first to go in, Angela followed in with two other boys as well. Cacyie closed the door behind them, as the three newcomers were in awe of the place the set foot in.

“Didn’t I tell you Angela, this place is awesome.” Ben said, bragging to her. “Your right Ben, this place is fascinating.” Another boy, the smallest of the group, is impressed, “Its so Big, Angela, Can I run around it in?”

“Sure” She squats down to him, “Go run to your hearts content Timmy.” His body couldn’t describe his excitement of the place, carelessly running to the cafeteria,

“Do you want me to follow him, make sure he doesn’t get hurt?” The third boy said, wearing a simple muscle shirt and shorts. “Yes Josh.” He nods at her response, running to where Timmy went. “Timmy, where ya at?” His voice trails off to the other room.  Angela turns back towards Cacyie, looking at the little girl, all along in a big place. “Ben, didn’t Cacyie have another person here?” Ben thinks for a moment, Cacyie interrupted him, “I do have another person that lives here, its Jack.” Angela looks around for a moment

“Where is he then?” Cacyie became sad at the question, then returns her smile, “He said he will be back.” Angela yells for everyone in a nice manner, “Timmy, Josh.” She asked Cacyie, “Do you have beds?”

“Its upstairs, follow me.” Cacyie made her way to the stairs, the two boys came back to Angela,” Come, it’s time for bed.” Angela and her boys followed Cacyie to the beds. Angela set them all for bed, Josh, Timmy, and Ben all were sharing one bed, it’s massive enough for all of them to fit, Cacyie stood outside the door, waiting for Angela come out. 5 minutes past, and Angela quietly closes the door behind her, to make sure to not wake them up. Angela and Cacyie take a seat on the lounge chairs back downstairs. Cacyie was the first to talk. “It must be tough taking care of all of them”

“It is, but if I don’t help them out, no one else will.” Cacyie already knew why as she kept her posture them same. “Ben already told you, all of us were abandoned by our so-called parents,” Cacyie nods to her confession, “So me being the oldest, must take care of them all, to give them something that they couldn’t.”

“And what is that?” Cacyie asked, curious about her resolved. “Family.” Cacyie remembers having that once, before the fire took it away. “Where are your parents Cacyie?” Cacyie looked down before answering, “a fire took them away” Angela didn’t hesitate, “I’m so sorry to ask that.”

“Its fine, I have Jack now, so everything is fine.” Cacyie held back her tears, reassuring herself to what she thinks she believes. Angela couldn’t help but ask. “What is Jack to you?” Cacyie wasn’t sure how to answer that. “I don’t know.”

“He must be important for you to mention a lot.” Angela said, she gets up from the chair. “We should be going to bed; it’s getting really late.” Cacyie agrees and hops off the chair as well. Walking up the stairs to her bed, “Cacyie?” Angela calls her from the bottom floor, Cacyie stops to listen what she had to say,

“I do want to meet this Jack fellow.” Cacyie smiles at her, “Me too.” As she climbs the rest of the stairs, plummeting to her bed.




© 2019 Jack Rock


Author's Note

Jack Rock
After reading about being a writer, I have concluded that I suck. O well, live and learn.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

21 Views
Added on July 22, 2019
Last Updated on July 22, 2019


Author

Jack Rock
Jack Rock

About
I'm going to dump all my ideas down, its up to you if you like it or not, Don't expect to much from me. more..

Writing