Chapter 18: Intruders

Chapter 18: Intruders

A Chapter by Jack Rock
"

The fortress now appears, and Jack did keep to his promise to Cacyie, but does she know anyone from their?

"

               An old man with a staff, standing over the highest tower of Gerik, looking at the people below, at peace. He made this possible, through a help of a magic orb that he found one day, at first it was a simple orb, with no real purpose for it, but he was a magician, he infused the orb with magic, and with it; came the barrier that protects this place. No outside interference was made since its creation. It also sits on the highest tower with him, for he is the guardian of it. He was sure the outside world forgot of this place long ago, and the barrier made the place simply wiped itself out from all maps, not a trace was discovered; and since then, the town has been nothing but paradise, without any connections to others, it was at peace. The old wizard looks at the sunset on another day, admiring its beauty. There was a crack sound, a sound he hasn’t heard in a long time, he checked on the orb, and was shocked at its state. The orb showed signs of damage on its shell, and the magic that was captive in it was no longer visible. He couldn’t believe his eyes; his lifetime was in the orb, and today, it was damaged.


               It was for a short notice till there was commotion coming from the front gate, where guards can be heard; screaming orders at each other, gathering up to the front gate. The old wizard has to inform the king, he said to himself, fearing for what to come. Climbing down the stairs as fast as he could, despite his old age; almost tripping in some stairs. He reached the end and open the door to a hallway, running to the room where the throne lies. He starts knocking on the door where he knew where the king lies franticly. “My lord, there is grave news, you must come out, the people need you.” The door opens slights to see an eye of the king, “What is it Charles?”  The wizard was slightly out of breath, “My lord, the Orb of Gerik has been cracked, the barrier is gone.” The king went silent and closed the door, some seconds past before the king showed himself to the wizard. “You can tell me more on the way to the balcony.” The wizard quickly responded, “Yes my lord.”


               “See, I told you there was a town here.” Jack said to Cacyie, almost bragging to her. “I can see that.” She said as she saw the impressive fortress in front of her. “Now let’s see if your folks are here.” Jack said. Two guard saw the pair together, complimenting on the two.  Jack looked up at the two and yelled out, “Hey! Is this the town of Gerik?” The guard were shocked, they stare at Jack, who is looking at them directly, and were nervous. One of them said “Hey chief, these people seems to be talking to us.” Another one shows up, seems to be the chief, he stares down at Jack and Cacyie. “How many times I told you to not call me on these problems?” One of them softly speak, “But sir, one of them mentioned Gerik.” As their conversation went on in disbelief, Cacyie and Jack looked at each other in confusion. Jack went closer to the gate and begin to knock at the front door. The chief and guards were both caught by the knock Jack made, they were all nervous now, the chief ran out and said. “Everyone! There are intruders at the front gate, prepare immediately!” The two guards pulled out their swords and weakly said, “Freeze intruders, don’t move.”


               The gate opens to an army charging out, pointing their weapons at Cacyie and Jack. Cacyie was beyond scared and sits down on the ground, unable to defend herself, Jack just lets this happen. The army surrounded the two.  Jack sees not only knights, but magicians, wizards, and archers all around him. “Is this the town of Gerik?” Jack said. No-one dared say a word, until someone did, “Yes, this is Gerik, what business do you have it with it?” The king showed himself to Jack, towering above everyone else. Making his way through the crowd. Jack faced to the king, and also sees an old wizard next to him. Jack point towards Cacyie, who is crying to herself, “That girl had her town burned down and we visited here to see if her folks were here. “The king saw Cacyie in a fetal position, crying to herself as she is surrounded by his own men. The replied to Jack, “Were you the one who broke the magic seal that protected our kingdom for centuries?” Jack sees the anger in the king, and all the men that is behind him, but he didn’t know that was magic. “I don’t know anything about a magic seal, I simply saw this town on my map and decided to head here, at first, there was nothing here, but I go closer and suddenly this fortress appeared out of the blue.” The king gave an order in his frightening voice, “GUARDS, CAPTURE THEM, AND THROW THEM TO THE DUNGEONS!” Every solider followed and grabbed them, Cacyie is screaming to let her go, pleading for her life, Jack remained emotionless as the guards bring them over to the town of Gerik.


               Cacyie has calm down now, with tears in her eyes, in the darkest room possible; there were bars in her cell, trapping her to conferment. The walls and floor haven’t seen a mop in ages, and a constant sound of dripping water to keep her up at night. She leans on the wall, next to the bars and a single torch in the hallway that keeps the dungeon lit. She calls out, “Jack, are you still here with me?” There was a pause, not a sound but her own replied back. She assumes the worst and prepare to fall asleep. “I’m still here.” She gasps at his voice, happy to at least hear him. “Don’t scare me like that Jack, I thought you were gone like everyone else.” “Sorry, I was just thinking to myself.” She could only help but smile. “Don’t go anywhere, I’ll be back.” She confused by Jack, “Wait, what do you mean “I’ll be back?” But there was no response, he was dead silent. She going to have to trust Jack with whatever he’s doing.


 A few minutes have passed, she’s starting to lose hope of Jack coming back; the silence was killing her. There was a sound, she turned to look outside the cell and sees an apple on the ground, just minding its own business. Then she also heard a chewing sound from the other side of the wall. “Jack is that you?” The chewing continues, “Ya it’s me, eat that apple.” She rushes to the apple, reaching from the cell and being eating it, she was never this happy to be eating an apple, after a day without food, it was the best thing in the world. Before she knew it, the apple was finished, there was nothing left of it. “How did you get this Jack?” She waited for the answer, staring at the wall that Jack was behind. “It’s a secret, are you finished with the apple?” She looked at the apple in her hands to see anything that she can nibble on, “Yes, I’m finished.” Jack said, “Then throw it back to me, I’ll dispose of it.” She went to the bars, and threw the apple ack to Jack, she can see his hand reach for it. Now she feels like she can handle anything now, all thanks to Jack.


She was wakened up to the bars opening up, and an order came from the guard. “Get up.” She couldn’t understand what is going on, her drowsiness was still under control, then she sees Jack, being held by a guard. “Wait, what’s going on?” Cacyie said. “The king has summoned both of you to appear in the throne room.” one of them said. The guard also said, “Congratulations you two, you will be the first people to be tried in centuries.” The guard pushed Jack to go forward and the other guard grabbed Cacyie, dragging her out of her cell.




© 2019 Jack Rock


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on May 4, 2019
Last Updated on May 4, 2019


Author

Jack Rock
Jack Rock

About
I'm going to dump all my ideas down, its up to you if you like it or not, Don't expect to much from me. more..

Writing