Chapter 9: Captured

Chapter 9: Captured

A Chapter by Jack Rock
"

The aftermath of Jack's escape

"

              Jack opened the door of the rooftop revealing a blue glow coming from the door. Rosco, Nicole and I barley manage to get to the top of the building, Rosco ran up the wall, while Nicole carried me and flew to the top. Nicole quickly rushed back down to grab the other two below. By the time we got up, Jack already closed the door, Rosco rushed to chase after him, he opened the door again and chased him down. Lilly and Ashley joined up with me at the roof, we all gathered around waiting to what happens next. We heard footsteps coming back up. Rosco came back, out of breath from running for so long. “He’s gone.” Rosco said as he is short of air.

           

             “What, how did he get away, I though you told us you were the fastest person in the world?” Lilly announces, crossing her arms. “I should have been able to catch up to him, but the second that door closes, he vanished.”

           

             “We already established that he can do something like teleport thanks to Emily’s first encounter with him.” Nicole pointed out the facts while looking at me.  “And he is also not affected by powers, I tried to brainwash him and it didn’t work. Emily were you able to read his memories?” Ashley said adding on to the argument.

         

             “No, I couldn’t, everyone else worked fine, but when it comes to Jack, nothing appears.” I said clarifying everyone. “Not only he can teleport, but he’s not affected by powers and have unparalleled reflexes, what kind of monster is he?” Rosco punches the wall next to him, “Lets return to base and reflect what just happen. Clearly we underestimated him.”


            Back at HQ, the mission to capture Jack has failed, leaving all of us bitter. Jack now knows of us and will most likely try to hide from now on. Rosco now come to the meeting room, throwing down the papers he was carrying. “Jack apparently has more than one power, we failed to see that.”


            “Who knew he can dodge two of your rushes and dodge my attack all at the same time.” Lilly was angry as well. “That guy has the nerve make fun of my power, no one can resist it once they look into my eyes. Yet that rascal looked at me dumbfounded.” Ashley went on with her distress. Rosco call attention to everyone, “Let’s go over the facts one more time.”


            We all establish that Jack is NOT normal, he has powers and he is not affected by anything we throw at him. He also has a teleport power that lets him escape with ease, and reflexes that goes unchallenged to others. Seems to have no weaknesses known. He never fights back however, two of us engage him and never once he lifted a finger against us, we will assume he has not attack power of any kind.


He is considering a spy that’s works for Kumanjies, a terrorist group that wants to dominate the world using powers, hired to gather information on us. How else does it explain that he shows up one day, enjoying the high school life like he was there since day one? He had us all brainwashed to help him blend in, but thanks to Emily, we were out of his control. Nicole and I scavenge through the school records for any clues of his past, nothing was found, even test scores weren’t discovered. As of now we will consider him an enemy.


            “Emily, since you are the person closets to Jack, is there anything more we need to know about him?” Rosco and everyone else looked at me like I had the answer for them. I thought long and hard on the question, many memories of Jack goes through to my head, there wasn’t much about him that stands out, he was quiet, kind, and he never broke his promise, the promise to be my friend. He didn’t seem like a bad person, there was one memory however. “There was an instance where he got very hungry, he appeared in my room slouched over like he passed out. He said that he was dying unless he got something to eat, he couldn’t move till I fed him a potato chip.”


            Rosco pushes his glasses back to his face and goes, “That’s his weakness.” He quickly wrote it down on the very few records we have of Jack. “Really? Hunger is his weakness, of all things it could be?” Ashley asked for clarity. I nodded yes, Ashley looked like she was ready to leave. Rosco checks his watch, “That’s all the time we have for today, we should all get some sleep for school tomorrow, we should meet back here after school.”


            Lilly and I are walking back home, I do enjoy these little moments, if only Jack was with us as well. I thought over a lot of things happening these past weeks, ever since he showed up, my life was better. I had nothing when moving here, no friends, family, and anyone who could help me out, but now I have friends, becoming more like family every day. But things change, now everyone else thinks of him as an enemy, I just wish this moment happen a little longer. “Hey Emily, are you ok?” Lilly turns her head toward my vision, looking at me like she’s worried about me, “I’m ok, just thinking of everything that happen recently.”


            “Then I hope you don’t mind me asking, do you want to have a sleepover at your place tonight?” Lilly has eager eyes, waiting for me to say yes. “Yes. Let’s have that sleepover.” Lilly screams with excitement. We talked the rest of the way over, discussing what should we do tonight. I opened my door to a slam in front of me, an unconscious body greeted my porch. Lilly screams to the top of her lungs at the nasty surprise, I inspect the body, Gasp “Lilly, this guy is Jack.” Lilly poked Jack’s body, “Are you sure this is him?” I stood back up, “This is how I first saw Jack.” Lilly grabbed her phone and called Rosco telling him that we found him.


© 2019 Jack Rock


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on February 14, 2019
Last Updated on February 14, 2019


Author

Jack Rock
Jack Rock

About
I'm going to dump all my ideas down, its up to you if you like it or not, Don't expect to much from me. more..

Writing