Chapter 10: Interrogtions

Chapter 10: Interrogtions

A Chapter by Jack Rock
"

Jack has some questions to answer

"

            I don’t know how much time has passed but waking up to the taste of soup in my mouth left me feeling relieved. The bright light burned my glare at the room before me, nothing much can be seen, I tried to move my body and it fails. Looking down, I find myself strapped to a table, with one at every limb on my body. I could break free in a second, but let’s just see what happens first, I don’t need to do anything drastic if anyone is watching me.


            Sure enough, I hear a door opening behind me, I can’t really look up so see my captures, sounds like several footsteps are made, 2, maybe 3 are walking in. the door closes to return silence. “Hello Jack.” A male voice. If I had to take a guess, its Rosco. “Hi.” Several more steps were heard till Rosco was in my view. “Why am I here?” Rosco leans closer to me, “We have a few questions we like you to answer.”


“If that’s all you wanted, you could have just asked.”  I said back to him, He pushed his glasses and told me, “After your little fiasco, we considered you dangerous and put you here. In case you haven’t noticed, this room doesn’t allow powers to be active, there is no way for you to teleport out of here like last time.” He turns away from me taking the clipboard, then he comes back and starts the interrogation. He asked me question like, are you an enemy, do you know the organization, stuff like that. I denied them.


“Can you tell me why are you watching Emily, and if so, for how long?” It took me a second to remember what he was talking about, I did kind of lied to Emily, “I can’t, if I tell you, not only I will die, but she will be in danger too.” Rosco got aggressive really quickly slamming his hands on the table I’m on, “How so?!” I kept my calm, “I told you already, can’t say.” Rosco is really frustrated, he put down the clipboard. And faced me,


“There is almost no information about you in the school or in the government, not only that, Emily can’t read your memories. To us and the world, you’re literally the biggest question mark. I’ve searched through the world system for days on end, and no trace of you can be found, as we speak my computer still searches for your image into the internet, hoping for a clue to you.” He turns to the wall in pain for speaking his mind, from the looks of, he’s about to snap. “So please, answer me this question, who, are you?”


I thought long and had for an answer, this man is on the brink of collapse, trying to find a sliver of evidence to who I am. I bet he got the others involved for his search for the truth. However, the truth will hurt in the long run, its already bad enough I got found out, I don’t need a reminder of what will happen if I continue getting involved. “Do you really want to know Rosco?”  He picked himself off the wall, turning towards me he nods. I sighed at the answer I come up with. “I’m an alien, that’s all I’m going to say.” His eyes lit up, my few words must have given his mind as ease. “I have no further questions, let’s go Nicole.” So, there was someone else here. He left the room leaving me to the loneliness again.


I thought for a while if I gave the best answer, just one thing after another keeps popping up, I find myself laughing at what happen. This was exactly what I wanted, I remember the adventure I had here so far. I became part of the group, sure it’s not the best and everyone is against me, but its way better than watching all of it without being part of it for once. Who knows, maybe I’m done with the mission, I can come back just to enjoy it.


The door opened again and footsteps can be heard entering the room. The door closes and silenced remain, is someone here? Ugh I wish I could just break free without anyone noticing, makes life so much easier. “Hello?” I asked to see if anyone was really there. “Hey Jack.” That voice, that must be Emily. “You alright?” I can’t really see her face, or what she could be thinking. Silence comes back, from the sound of it, she isn’t alright. “Are you really an alien?” As much as I want to say no, I have to keep up with the lie. “Yes.” Footsteps can be heard again, coming closer to me.


Emily finally came to view to my right, but she had tears in her eyes. “Were you using me as a tool?” I messed up, I never had intentions to hurt anyone, but obviously from these two scenarios, both Rosco and Emily are hurt, I wondered if I caused any pain to everyone else, just thinking about it, makes my head hurt. My head snapped to reveal awful memories to my head, memories of death, torture, pain, loss, all previous encounters I had, simultaneously rushed to my brain, I couldn’t feel pain, but I can feel this one.

            I let out a bloody screech breaking out of the table, holding my head together, so many bad memories are filling my head, to know only know one thing, despair. I didn’t know about these before, where did they come from? My screaming continues, banging my head against the wall many times, blood starts rushing out of my head, “PLEASE, MAKE IT STOP!” How did I have this much despair in my head, what’s even going on anymore. A blunt object to my head, stopped everything that just happen, all of them just went away, I fall to the ground, in a puddle of my own blood I spilled.   


© 2019 Jack Rock


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

85 Views
Added on February 20, 2019
Last Updated on February 20, 2019


Author

Jack Rock
Jack Rock

About
I'm going to dump all my ideas down, its up to you if you like it or not, Don't expect to much from me. more..

Writing