Chapter 15: Realization

Chapter 15: Realization

A Chapter by Jack Rock
"

He finally figures out what the hell is happening.

"

             I sat in silence in a room the Kumanjies provided for me, laying on my bed, staring at the metal-tile ceiling, trying to figure out how can I continue like this, I just keep getting involved in this story, first the heroes pulled me into their problems, now the Kumanjies are pulling me to their problems, it’s like a giant tug-of-war to see whose dominate, and I’m the rope their pulling on, I turned over to lay to my side, lost in my head,  remembering the warming Tom told me on the phone, ”The story will accept you as a main character and it can no longer exist without you in it.” It hit me, I jumped from my bed, realizing my own shock, the story is trying everything to keep me in, it explains a lot of things, why so many problems are coming my way, it’s all on purpose, to keep me here, to become the MC. The whole idea shaken me to the core, realizing my own ignorance to the problem. I know what I must do now, I got to get out of here, back to my own world, before this one sucks me up completely.


            Before I can get out however, I need to get my stuff they been holding from me, this accursed world is doing its best from dissuading me to leave, I had enough however. I stood up to my feet, ready to activate my phaser, the door opened when I least expect it, I turned to see the blue hair boss and her two bodyguards, “Hey Jaaack, I want to play with you today.” She was in a really good mood, she came over and clinked herself to my arm. “Come on baby, play with me.” What the hell is wrong with her, I don’t have time to answer that and I no longer cared about how they see me. I activated my phaser and she went through me, making her face kiss the floor, her two bodyguards moved in quickly to grab me, it was no use. Everyone was immobilized on the floor, I took this chance to go through the wall leaving behind a muffled scream of my name from behind the wall. I continued straight passing through every wall imaginable, just how big is this place? I would love to turn invisible, but just doing that will burn me faster, I got to get out before that happens.


            I passed through many kinds of room, the server room, the control room, the office, the game room, and that one room I still don’t know what it’s called, the poor guy sitting on that white bowl must have scared to death when I passed through. The sirens activated and an announcement was made and it echoed through every room I went to, SOMEONE IS ESCAPING, HIS NAME IS JACK, AND HAS A RED JACKET, STOP HIM AT ALL COST. Sounds like that boss made the announcement over an intercom. I passed through one room where everyone was eating lunch in, their eyes locked on me. I looked at the food, it’s going to be takeout for the road. Everyone jumped at the chance to take me down, every single one of them passed through, proving there is no chance to catch me. This phaser ability is amazing by the way, I only need to think what I don’t want to phase through, everything else will phase through me, in this case I’m thinking of not phasing through the floor and any kind of food, I will pass through everything else. I grab what I could into a container and continued without a second thought, I finally made it out of that ridiculously long base, I view what was in front of me, I looked to my left, and then to my right to find myself back in the city.


            I don’t have my phone with me, but I think I can find my way back to the school, from thre, let’s just see what happens. I hear garage doors opening on the side of the building, I switched off my phaser and turned on my invisibility and stayed completely still with the food in my hands. People were coming out, either taking to the skies or skating themselves down the different streets and alleyways. “Find him, he could have not gone far.” Someone screams out, seems like the entire base is looking for me, I can’t be that important. After the dust has settled I made my move to find my way to the school. I carefully avoid people on the streets, background characters that this world created and people with powers alike, skiing my way thought the city, the food I just finished can last me for a long time, I have a granola bar ready in case I do drop last second. I made my way through different streets and alleyways, this city is like a maze, everything looks the same, I’m getting lost, no way to find where I am. Time is wasting, and every second counts, I don’t need to be trapped here, it would be fun, but only for short term.


            Time has passed, I stared blankly into the crowds, lost for sure, I see a guy with powers still searching for me, the radio picks up on his hands “Did you find him yet?” A woman voice can be heard from it. The guy put the radio to his face, “No sign of him yet boss. May I ask? Why do you want him so bad?” The radio went silence, then came back alive. “I don’t want to admit it, but he’s too valuable to lose, my bodyguards and I went through him and he proceeded to go through everything he set his eyes on, I also heard a rumor that he is immune to powers. He might be the single most powerful person in the entire w-“ I snatched the radio off his hands and slammed it to the ground, The last thing I need to hear, getting me further trapped here. The guy was flabbergasted and alerted everyone that can hear him, “I found him.” He watched his surroundings, searching for a thing he can’t see, I merely walked away from him, others gathered around him, and explained to them what happened, but the time he finished, I was already long gone.


© 2019 Jack Rock


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on March 20, 2019
Last Updated on March 20, 2019


Author

Jack Rock
Jack Rock

About
I'm going to dump all my ideas down, its up to you if you like it or not, Don't expect to much from me. more..

Writing