Chapter 25: Payback

Chapter 25: Payback

A Chapter by Jack Rock
"

Jack confronts the king head-on, sort of.

"

Russel shuffles out of the balcony, leaving the cheering crowd behind, he felt proud of himself. “Charles I’m going back to my room, make sure I am not disturbed.” Charles bows down to his king’s orders. “Yes, my highness.” As the guards are scrambling to their positions, the kings walk calm the rest of the way. As he enters to his room, he sees Mindy on his bed. “Mindy, what brings you here?”

               “Well someone is in a good mood; I couldn’t help come here after the guards were yelling about some announcement you made.” The king put away his robe and crown. “I told the people that Jack is dead, it’s the best news they could receive, now we can all sleep peacefully.”

               “I can’t, I wanted to experiment on Jack.” The king pulls out the finger, “Then here, experiment as much as you please.” He throws the finger to her direction, she catches it, “I wish I had the full body though, probably alive to be honest.”

               “Well that’s all your going to get.” Mindy showed a frowned expression, “Your no fun, fine then. I’ll find him and do as I please. Mindy got up and opens the door to leave, she was blocked by another person. Chewing on food he got on his hands. She scoffed and asked him, “What do you want?” He chewed some more until he swallowed, then asked, “I’m here to get my finger back.” She took a minute to process the question. “What’s your name?”

               “Its Jack.” He said before taking another bite of his sandwich. Mindy took a few steps back, creeped out as her spine shivers. She’s audibly shaking, even the king notices. He looks at her direction and his eyes widen to him. Jack walks closer to them, inspecting the room before them. “Can I just have my finger back?” Mindy snapped out of her trance; it was her opportunity. “Hold on, I have one question Jack, will you allow me to ask that?” Jack thought of it for a second, while finishing his sandwich. “Fine, ask away.”

               Mindy has once chance to know the secret of immortality, if Russel’s statement is true, then Jack should be dead, and he’s here now. She been hearing a rumor of immortal people roaming the earth, she would like to become one of them, forever ruling the kingdom, doing whatever she pleases for all eternity. He looks foolish enough to answer such a life-changing question.

               “How did you become immortal?” The room was silent now, Russel was shocked of Mindy’s question, he never heard a thing like that before. “I don’t really know” Mindy was in disbelief of his answer, then Jack continued.

               “I had it for as long as I can remember, maybe a couple of years, that’s about it.” I was wrong, Jack is too foolish for his own good. Mindy runs and jumps towards the windows, breaking out and freefalling in the air. A blue magic circle appears below her foot as she jumps from one to another, hoping her way in the sky. The hole of the window was left, wind howling on the ripped drapes and broken glass near it. The king wasn’t surprise of it; she’s done it before.

               Getting back to the elephant of the room, Jack stood there. “Are you going to go after her?” He needs to plan his next action; he predicts this can get very messy. Jack moved closer to the window; Russel stayed on guard. Jack bends down and pick up something off the ground. Jack said to the king “Not anymore.” Russel widen his eyes as he sees Jack putting his finger back to his hand.

               Wait, I thought Mindy hand the finger, the king said to himself. Jack goes ahead and leaves the room through the door. Russel stops him, “You really think I’m going to let you go after this little stunt?”

“I just wanted my finger back, that girl was the one who made the drama.” The king slowly reaches for a hidden weapon next to him, “You enter my home without permission, that can be held against court Jack. This time, I will witness your demise.”

               “Then before you pull that knife out…” That threw the king off his focus, he knew it was here!? “I don’t want to get further involved. Don’t tell anyone about me, let them think I am dead and I’ll leave here, never to return” Russel knows he cannot overlook his proposal; it sounds too good to be true. A single flash of light caught the king’s eye. That signal means that the spies have surrounded the enemy. Russel changes his attitude.

               “Its does sound really good to me Jack, but there’s no guarantee that will happen. NOW!” The spies decloaked from their spots and were surrounding Jack, all slashing their weapons at him. Each one of the weapons go through Jack and the king notices this as the assault goes on. His went from eager to horror at the sight, even the spies noticed and stopped.

               Jack was still standing, not even moved from his spot, not a single scratch mark on him. Jack was annoyed of the surprise attack. “I ask again, this never happened, Am I clear?” The king fell to his butt, his legs are shaking uncontrollably, the spies back up as their faces were twisted with fear. “Y-y-es, I heard you.” He moved away from them, “Cool.”

               The sound of his footsteps disappears, the spies gather around their majesty, “What should we do sir?” Russel’s skin is pale, breathing frantically, recovering of the near shock he has. “We, do as he says, if that guy actually fought back, we would have been finished, I’m sure of it.” Anyone with imagination feels what it would be like if he did.

               Frantic running is coming to them, and a yell of someone who is very angry is charging to where they are at. Mindy shows her face to the door, breathing heavily, her face is as a tomato. Out of breath she manages to speak, “Where is he? Where did he go? Where did that sly snake go?” The room is silent, Mindy observes the room, and no one spoke a word. She turns to Russel “Where did Jack go, I need to get my hands on him.” The king softly spoke, “He’s gone, and I’m glad he is” Mindy grabbed the king by his shirt, pulling him straight to her face, her bloodshot eyes are looking coldly at him, “I’m asking one more time, WHERE. IS. JACK?

               Russel pulls himself up and stared back at her. “The king orders you not to follow him. Leave him be.” Mindy realized this, “You never talked back before, especially to me.” She looks around the room one more time and sees the frightful spies around her. The king puts both hands on her shoulders “If you value your life, do not follow him.” He lets go of her and leaves his own room. The spies followed him out as well, leaving Mindy alone.

              

               Jack hides away in the back alley, avoiding contact with people at all cost. He wants to figure out how he got my finger, he repeated the process in his head. As that girl was jumping from the window, he activated his phaser before she jumped out the window, next thing he knew was the finger on the floor. It was weird, but he couldn’t hate on it, it did help him escape a possible boss-like fight he might have to go through. I swear this world was unfair to me. He felt bad for practically ditching Cacyie. Jack gets up from his spot and weaves through the entire town to go back to Cacyie.

               He arrives at the hotel they were both staying at. He heard some noise on the other side. That stopped him from opening the door. He went through the door using his phaser while invisible to spy on his own place. The first he sees is other children playing on the couches, he didn’t recognize them. He continues to hear noise coming from the kitchen

               As he was about to enter the cafeteria, another child appeared from the corner, nearly surprising Jack, he stops for a second to let the child pass.

               He peeks at the kitchen to see a tall, blue hair woman standing next to Cacyie that is on a stand. He seen that woman before, she was chasing Cacyie as she was running away from the crowd. Seems like their both on good terms now.

“Hey Angela?” Cacyie stopped what she was doing, Angela stopped with her. “Yes?”

“I want to say thank you for being there for me, at my time of despair.” Angela dropped down here tools and kneels to her height. “Anytime.” They both hugged, held on close to each other. That’s sweet.

“And thank you for getting me away from Jack.” Jack’s ears perked up, What?

“The way he was treating you was horrible, that way he left you alone, even to what happen to your family. I’m sure he was just using you to his advantage.”

 I guess I’m not needed anymore

Jack quickly went outside the hotel, repeating everything in his head. The red memories showed its ugly face, overwhelm with them, until he sees only them.

It went away, he sees himself lying on the ground. Rain droplets are hitting the ground in front of him. He climbs himself out of the hard ground he lays in. The dark clouds rolled in to block out the sun and pollute the sky. The rain starts to shower on the area. Jack slowly walks away from Gerik entirely.

This world is unfair to me.




© 2019 Jack Rock


Author's Note

Jack Rock
Ending. Next book you will see will be finished. Later

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

27 Views
Added on August 13, 2019
Last Updated on August 13, 2019


Author

Jack Rock
Jack Rock

About
I'm going to dump all my ideas down, its up to you if you like it or not, Don't expect to much from me. more..

Writing