Chapter 12: Training

Chapter 12: Training

A Chapter by Jack Rock
"

With the Kumanjies after Jack, what will he do next?

"

            Everyone gathered at the meeting table in their secret base. The screen displays a bunch of people and records about them, everyone was getting tense just looking at them, for me, I have no idea what I’m looking at. I haven’t been able to really watch the story unfold, I’m just hoping information will shine on me, giving a better understanding. The last image to pop us was me, “We were just attacked by them and now we are in grave danger. They seem to take in interest in Jack, our best bet is to protect him.” Lilly gives an anger looked at me, Emily and Ashely are looking at me with curiosity, and Nicole doesn’t really care. Seems I’m the attention of it all, great.


            I stand up before them and heavily breathed in, “Unfortunately, I don’t plan myself to deal with this situation, so if you can give back my stuff, I can disappear off the face of the earth. If I can do that, then none of you would have to worry about the Kumanjies having me” The group looked at one another, Rosco spoke for them, “As much as I like that idea, we want you to stay and help us defeat the Kumanjies, we need all the help we can get to defeat them.” Rosco and I are in a stare off now.


“You guys don’t need my help, I can’t attack at all, I will only slow you guys down.”


“You can sneak and be really defensive when it comes to battle, you manage to outclass Lilly and I.”


“It was just pure luck, I wouldn’t last long in a real fight”


“Don’t forget, it was you who gave us the advantage, Leftous couldn’t find you at all.”


“Your giving me to much credit, I didn’t do anything that important”


            Emily interrupted out dispute, “Jack?” I looked towards Emily, “Yea?” She was serious, “If you cannot help us because we are heroes, that’s fine, but can you help us defeat the Kumanjies as my friend?” I recall to the favor she asked of me, back at her house. I can’t really back down a favor, the last thing I need is being labeled untrustworthy, on top of many things I apparently am. I sat back down in my chair and replied softly, “Sure, I’ll help you out.” Everyone was surprise by Emily, who wouldn’t, she has me on a leash at this point.


            After the meeting, Rosco insisted I should start training to build my attack, as much as I really don’t want to, I have no choice otherwise, as Emily volunteer to be my training partner, against Lilly’s wishes. So now Emily and I are in the training room they have in their secret base, Lilly is also here, keeping a close eye on me, what did I do to get on her bad side? Now that I think about, she’s been against me since the very beginning. In fact, she hates any men from where I’m standing, apart from Rosco, she gets along ok with him, but any boy from school and me are meet with her worst side.


            Emily comes into the training room with her training gear on, she wore that before when she was training with Ashely and Lilly. “Alright Jack, I am coming at you to see where you are right now. I need to observe where your strengths and weaknesses is.” Emily is a little more mature than when I first met her, just how much did I miss this past week? Emily got into her battle stance, ready for combat, I don’t really have one, so I just stand how I am right now. “Hey Emily, we can use our powers, right?”


            “Yes, go all out Jack if you can.” She gotten way more confident, than before. “Here I come” She charges at fast speeds not as fast as Rosco, but she did defiantly improve, she raised her left arm to take a swing at me, the floor cracks at the impact of the hit, the smoke settle and she finds her hand going through me, hitting the ground instead. “It would have been a good hit, if it actually made contact.” She backed up to for a distance, “So wait, you have more than one power?” I was standing there confused, “Don’t you guys have more powers?”


            “No, we don’t, all of use have only one power each, I can read memories, Lilly has super strength, Rosco is super-fast, Ashely can manipulate minds, and Nicole can fly, are you telling me you have more than one power?”


“Ummmm…. no, I only have one as well.”


“Ok, you can stop lying now, you defiantly have more than one power.”


“Seriously I don’t.”


             “Really then, what’s you power than?” I must think about this, what is my one power that I can get away with, Emily is catching up to my lies, and is getting more and more difficult.


“I can trick minds to believe differently.” I declare with my fake confidence. Emily is trying her hardest to believe me, that’s fine, I can “prove” it to her. “Don’t believe me? Not surprising, since no one ever believes me. I will disappear right in front of you and tap the back of your head.” I activated my invisibility, Emily quickly jumped towards me, thinking I was behind her, she really jumped directly in front of me with her back towards me, I tapped the back of her head, she freaked out and stepped back, I deactivated my invisibility, that worked out better than expected.  “As you can see, your mind was tricked.” She recovers from that traumatic experience. “I might believe you, but you’re going to have to do more than that to prove me wrong. “


I took the challenge with full force, “Fine then, you will have no more mass.” She was really confused, trying to decipher what I was telling, I activated my phaser ability and simply walked up towards her, right through her. I turned around to see her shivering to the core, like a ghost giving her chills. Emily screamed to the top of her lungs and ran for the door, Lilly tried to calm her down but has no luck, she looked back at me with disgust and ran after her. Maybe I took it to far.




© 2019 Jack Rock


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on March 4, 2019
Last Updated on March 4, 2019


Author

Jack Rock
Jack Rock

About
I'm going to dump all my ideas down, its up to you if you like it or not, Don't expect to much from me. more..

Writing