Extra Chapter 2: SCP (Part 2)

Extra Chapter 2: SCP (Part 2)

A Chapter by Jack Rock
"

Dr. Keflar begins researching Jack

"

             It’s been hours since we first made contact with SCP-5253, it is now held in an observation room that it features a glass window that is a one-way and a security camera. For now, we placed the SCP in a 10x12 room that has a bed, table, chair, and a working toilet, and a 24-hour surveillance. We will make later changes as further testing proceeds. We were able to experiment on the unconscious SCP, measuring height, weight, and the biology of the subject, though measuring the blood and tissue proved difficult, as the samples always find themselves back to the body.

            SCP-5253 height is 6’1” and its weight is 204 pounds, we also couldn’t determine the gender, as the SCP contains no sexual organs, for now we will refer to it as “He”, as it takes shape a lot like the human male. We will hold experiments until the subject is conscious, maybe then we can find some answers to many questions we have. I, Dr. Keflar, is the head doctor of this SCP, the foundation was kind enough to send us researchers from other departments for the SCP, it all helps to help determine it as soon as possible, so may we give an object class and a room to properly contain it.

            “Dr. Keflar, the subject is moving again.” Many scientists are now glued at the screen, this is the first time we seen the subject awake, many are feared and prepared for the worst, some are curious and couldn’t wait to see what he does next. I exited out the room bringing a couple of papers, a clipboard, and a pencil.

            The anticipating of first contact excites me, it also scares me, it may be the last action I’m able to do with this SCP, but discovery requires sacrifice, all for the sake of humanity, and for my daughter. I arrived at the door at where SCP-5253 is in.

            “Hello, my name is Dr. Keflar it is a pleasure to meet you, do you mind if I ask you a few questions?” The subject looks at me, observing my every move, I gave off a friendly manner in hopes for best communication. “Sure Dr. Keflar.” The subject knows our language, makes things 1000x easier. I pulled the chair that stood next to the table, positioning it to face the subject. “Do you have a name?”

            “Jack.”, he gave a quick response.

            Do you know why you’re here Jack, do you even remember how you got here?” The subject leans back to the bed, “Nope, I don’t know anything.” I pushed back my glasses and wrote everything I can down on the paper. “How are you feeling right now, is your body alright?” Jack patted around his body for anything out of the ordinary, “Feeling alright, and nothing seems to be wrong.”

            I’m not getting anywhere with this pointless check-in, I’m a researcher not a clinic, I took a deep breath and decide to take a risk . “Do you want to walk around the facility with me, it seems you’re lost and need to find your way back.” Jack got off the bed, “That would be a big help.” Jack and I proceed to leave the room, leaving all the observers behind.

            SCP-5253 seems harmless as of right now, he actually feels more human than I anticipated, we walked around the foundation showing him many kind of SCP, seeing what will he do. Of course, I took him to ones where he wouldn’t be in much trouble. I need to see how he and other SCP’s interact with each other.  I took him to meet SCP-330, a seeming innocent bowl of candy, with a sign on the side reading,” Take no more than two please!!” Jack inspect the bowl of candy and reads the sign, “Do you mind if I take some Dr. Keflar?”

            I offer my hand of gratitude, “Take as many as you please. That sign is just for personnel, some of them are greedy.” Now take the bait Jack let’s see how you handle this, I got my clipboard ready for results. Jack ate one piece of candy at a time, seems he was hungry. Finishing his second piece of candy, Jack went to pick up a third one, out of nowhere his hands fell off of his arms splatting to the ground. This horrendous situation was happening, even I felt that one on my hands, yet he still calm. “I guess I should have listen to the sign.”

            This guy is not normal, he looks like an average Joe with a red jacket, but from the looks of it, he is not freaking out whatsoever, like he’s done this before. Weary of him, I asked him a question, “Are you alright Jack.” He crouches down and plays with his severed hands on the floor. “I’m alright doctor, this is nothing, just give me a few seconds.” I hesitated before asking another question, “Don’t you feel any pain Jack?” His hands are now back where they were, he moves them around like nothing happen, and the blood on the floor disappear as well. “What’s that?” That reply shook me, not only he can heal himself from death, but he doesn’t feel pain either? I feel like I was just scratching the surface to what this guy can do. I hastily wrote everything I could to my clipboard, I learned so much just from this interaction, I can’t wait to see what else he can do.

            I beg for forgiveness for the danger that he was in, and for my negligence, making sure that I was on his side. “Ok, just make sure to be more careful, you’re lucky it was me that got hurt and no one else, it would have been fatal otherwise.” Yes, I was lucky it was you that got hurt. “Do you want to get some lunch then, you looked hungry when you stared at the candy?” He jumps for joy at the sound of lunch, “You bet.”




© 2019 Jack Rock


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on February 11, 2019
Last Updated on February 11, 2019


Author

Jack Rock
Jack Rock

About
I'm going to dump all my ideas down, its up to you if you like it or not, Don't expect to much from me. more..

Writing