Chapter 11: Jailbreak

Chapter 11: Jailbreak

A Chapter by Jack Rock
"

Jack got tired of being prisoner and decides to leave.

"

          I woke up again in a different room, last time I last strapped to a table in an empty room, this time, there are cells bars in front of me, looks like I’m in jail, I recall the events before I ended up here, having a massive panic attack, the reason why is unknown to me. Sighs, I don’t know what’s going on anymore, my one job to watch the story unfold has failed tremendously, I wonder how Tom is going to react to this mess. I stand up in this lonely cell and decided enough was enough, I reached for the key in my pocket and grabbed nothing but air, wait, my key was gone, I checked for my phone and wallet, they were also both missing, this day keeps getting worse and worse.

  

          I looked outside the cell to try and see if anyone is outside, I also checked for security cameras anywhere around me, both things were absent. That’s weird, there is no security whatsoever, no one to guard me, I ignored it and phased through the cell bars, leaving that room behind me. I walked down the long corridor, this place I’m at sure its big, if I had my phone, I wouldn’t be wandering around aimlessly. It’s like a maze of white halls and doors, finding my way around is going to be a challenge. I finally heard some noise leading to a room to my left, I peeked around the corner to see familiar silver tracksuits.

 

           “How did you find our secret base?” one of them said, they seem to be in conflict at that dude there. He has a black suit with a red mask covering his identity, he has a smile of confidence, ready to reveal anything he been planning. This dude was giving off an evil vibe. “You don’t need to worry about that, you should be more worried about that alien you been harboring, we’ll be taking him now.”  The heroes further take their stance, prepare to fight to the death. The villain got interrupted and placed his hand to his ear, his face twisted to anger and yelled out, “What do you mean he’s not here?” The heroes took this chance to land a few blows, one quickly rushes in for a punch in the gut, the villain blocks it with his free hand, another hero comes from the side to kick him, he barley manages to dodge it and stepped back from them.


            “Just find him, he couldn’t have gone far.” The villain, no longer distracted, faces towards the heroes, “Now it’s my turn to play.” He starts to float off the ground, motionless in the air, he glides fast towards Lilly, she tries to counter, she got off balance and started to also float in the air, he landed a punch to her, knocking her back to earth, the other heroes charged him, he descends back to the ground and everyone else started to get on their knees, struggling to get up, the ground below them cracked under the pressure. The villain laughs as loud as he could, “There is nothing you fools can do under my gravity manipulation, you’re as good as dead.”


           While all this fighting was going about, I was managing to sneak past them while being invisible, there were a couple of times that could have got me caught but luckily no one noticed. Looking at what’s going on, I do feel bad leaving them in a peril situation, I looked at the ground and picked up a piece of rubble near me and took aim for that maniacal villain, I threw it and it landed on the back of his head. “Ow!” He turned around to find out who threw that, but he couldn’t see me and is really confused, this distraction was enough for the heroes to move in and take him down.


            He quickly free himself from their grasp and attempted to flee “Don’t think you seen the last of us yet.” He announced it to everyone before escaping. I looked back to the heroes, two were standing, and the rest of them are trying their hardest to get themselves off the ground. Its great and all that they are alive, but I got more important things to do. I quickly sneaked out of the room, I didn’t get very far as a voice that sounds like Emily called out to me. “Jake, you’re here, aren’t you?” I turned to see her, beaten and bruised from the fight, talking to the empty hallway before her which I’m in. I sighed and decided to stop lying, I revealed myself in front of everyone, turning off my invisibility. I put my hand behind me scratching my head, “I guess you caught me red-handed.”


            Everyone went to clean themselves up from the fight, I sat around patiently for answers to many questions I have, spinning myself around the wheelchair. Emily was the first one to show up to the meeting room and placed herself in the seat next to me. This is my chance to get some questions off my chest, “Emily can I ask you something?” Emily turned towards me “Sure.” I stopped spinning my chair, “Can you please tell me what the hell is going on? I’ve been in and out of conscious for a couple of hours now and I’m out of loop to what’s happening.”


“Hours? Jack you been sleeping for a week now.” Just how much did I miss out on?


“Then can you tell who that guy was?”


Before Emily could answer me, Lilly came into the room and sees Emily and me, she got furious, “Don’t tell that lying alien nothing Emily, he’s just trying to use you again.” She quickly got between me and Emily and giving off a ferrous face. I could say something, but that would add fuel to the fire, “Then can you answer me one more question?” Lilly turns back to Emily’s approval, Lilly gritted her teeth at her response. “Fine you get one more question.” She moved to the side, giving me a chance to ask. “How did you know it was me?” Emily leans close, “Two things. One, Leftous said that you escaped, and two; you help us out in the battle be throwing the rock at him, I though at least you cared about us, so that’s why I though it was you, so thank you for that”

             
            Lilly brought Emily away from me, pushing her chair to the opposite side of the table. The both talked nonstop to each other, waiting for the everyone else to come, as for me I was back to spinning the wheelchair, I have a funny feeling that I was forgetting something, whatever, I’m sure it was nothing. I reached in my pocket for my phone to pass the time and grabbed nothing but air, I looked at my hand that was empty, now I remember.


© 2019 Jack Rock


Author's Note

Jack Rock
If you guys are interested in write a story for Jack, check out the Contest I created, "Jack's next adventure."

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on March 3, 2019
Last Updated on March 3, 2019


Author

Jack Rock
Jack Rock

About
I'm going to dump all my ideas down, its up to you if you like it or not, Don't expect to much from me. more..

Writing