Chapter 3: Unexpected

Chapter 3: Unexpected

A Chapter by Jack Rock
"

Jack is doing well, but something happens that forever changes how he watches the story

"

             After school, Emily and Lilly apparently lived around the same area so they were able to walk together until a certain distance. I put my backpack back into my place without anyone noticing. I followed Emily the rest of the way home, while being invisible. Emily walked into a house, it was an ordinary house, two floors, a backyard, and a front yard. I followed her inside and looked around. Kitchen, Living room, and Bedroom. And a fourth room I’ve never seen before. A white room with a bowl full of water, a sink a lot like the one in the kitchen, and a tub with a few nozzles on the wall and curtains. Just what was this room? Note to self; find out what this room is.

            Emily changed her clothes to pajamas and ate dinner as well, she went up to her room and did homework. Does she have a family of sorts, or does she live alone? More questions I don’t have answers to, hopefully I can find out soon. I sat myself in a corner of her room watching her do homework, A loud roar can be heard echoing in the room, O shoot, I’m done for. Emily panics to her bed and screams to the top of her lungs. My invisibility gave out and a wave of fatigue it me hard. So, this is it, this is how I die, starving to death, not my greatest achievement. I forgot to eat lunch and dinner, of course this bites me back.

“Jack?” Emily called out to me, still covered in her blanket. Maybe this is a chance to save myself? “Hi Emily, don’t mind me, I’m kind of dying right now, but If I can get a bite to eat, I’ll feel better.” Emily looks really surprise at my situation, I don’t have much time before I croaked, maybe a minute a minute left. She crouched next to me, “Are you part of the New Life Foundation?” I can’t even think right now cause of how tired I am. “What’s that?” Emily judged me, it looks like she doesn’t like my answer, welp I’m done for, she put a potato chip in my mouth, I ate the chip, I already feel better, I thought I was a goner. I looked up to Emily, who is handing me a bag of potato chips. “Eat up.” Those are some beautiful words right there. I took the bag and stuffed my face until nothing was left.

“Do you feel better now?” The chips won’t last long but its good enough. “Yes, I feel fantastic. Thank you.” Emily gave me a smile, “That’s good.”  I feel the pressure of the air changing to something bad, that’s not a good sign, I looked at Emily again, who seem to be not as happy anymore. “Mind if I ask you a question, Jack?” I do not like the sound of this. “Umm sure” Emily got closer, “What are you doing here in my room?”  I’m a dead man either way, “Funny you should ask, I ummm… forgot what I was doing here.? I laughed at how horribly my excuse was. “Stay still for a second then, I’ll read your memories.” Emily said that with a serious face. “What, you can read memories?” I’m not as shocked as I thought I would be, tis explains a lot., how she was able to talk to me, normally my ability makes sure nobody bothers me unless they need to, but Emily is a different case.

“I can’t read your mind Jack?” Emily said that, frustrated at that fact. “Why are you asking me, I wouldn’t know.” Emily thinks while talking to me. “I read every mind in class and got to know a lot of things about people, but every time I try to read yours, nothing comes up, I don’t know a single thing about you, and that scares me.” I don’t know what’s worse, that fact that invaded everyone’s privacy, or the fact she trying to figure me out, I got secrets that can blow her mind up, secrets I wish for her to never know. “Can I leave for a second? I need to eat before I starve again.” She quickly answered me, “No, I’ll give you food, I been wanting to talk to since the student council, and I am not letting you get away that easily, besides you still need to pay for what you did.” I sat there in defeat, “Ok.”

At the table, she gave me leftover steak and rice that was in the fridge and took a seat in front of me. I said my thanks for the food and dig in.” I like to know, how long were you watching me?” I nearly spat out my food at that horrible question. I must make this believable, “Not long.” Emily didn’t change her expression. “Then why were you watching me?” This girl is harsh, I have to be careful what I say. “Someone told me to, so that’s what I’m doing.” Emily immediately jumps to another question, “Who did?” Think, what should I say next? “I can’t say, they told me if I did, it would ruin the mission.” Emily slouches to her chair, giving up on questioning me. “Is it always so difficult to question the other person?” Taking my last bite, I said to her, “I’m guessing you never done this before because of your ability to read minds?” She nodded yes without looking at me.

I cleaned my own dish and put it away. Honestly, I need an excuse to leave so I can continue my mission. “Hey Emily, I’m going home now, my parents ae going to get worried. So, I’ll see you later, Okay Bye.” I tried to exit through the front door quickly, but she blocks my way out. “Like I said, you think I’m going to let you out that easy?” Emily said with a evil grin. “I thought I did everything for you already.” Emily knows I’m kind of screwed because of what I did earlier.” You owe me two favors, one for saving your life, and one for catching you peeping in my room.”  I fell to my knees in defeat. “Ok then, what do you want me to do for you.” Emily starts thinking for a bit and told me her answer. “Here’s my first favor, I want you to be my friend until I tell you not to anymore.” Having no choice, I have to accept her request. “Ok Emily, Lets be friends.”




© 2019 Jack Rock


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on January 13, 2019
Last Updated on January 18, 2019


Author

Jack Rock
Jack Rock

About
I'm going to dump all my ideas down, its up to you if you like it or not, Don't expect to much from me. more..

Writing